My top 100 prospects

canucks20

Oct 12, 2009
Michael Rasmussen is way too far down your list. He will be in the NHL next season. He's going to surprise some people.

Filip Hronek is too far down your list.

Jake Bean is ranked too high. Complete bust.

Connor Timmins is way too far down the list. IMO he's a better prospect or on equal ground with Makar. I don't get the separation. Probably your worst ranking.

Tyler Bertuzzi is ranked way too low. He's established himself already.

Kale Clague needs to be higher

Sam Steel needs to be WAY lower

Laczynski should be mentioned? Why haven't you?

Dennis Cholowski is going to be a top 4 defensemen in the NHL and he's not even mentioned? Why?

Martin Necas should be lower than he is.

Yes it is early and I don't have the time to pick apart your whole list so I am admitting I have missed a lot, but seriously your list needs some work. The only proof to this will be time. The list obviously would be ever changing as teams prospects develop.

I'd love to see your list. You are way off base on a few of your claims that I can tell you must not watch a lot of prospects. Timmins is the same level as Makar. Yikes

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Do you actually see Pettersson as the top prospect or is there a little bit of bias in there? Not trying to be rude just wondering

canucks20

Oct 12, 2009
Do you actually see Pettersson as the top prospect or is there a little bit of bias in there? Not trying to be rude just wondering

I actually do see Pettersson as the top prospect. I know it may seem like bias but I always try and call things like they are. In the polls section Pettersson was actually just voted top prospect as well.

I will admit though that there is no consensus top prospect like a guy like Stammer, JT, etc type of guy.

As for the Canucks, I think they have built up one of the top farm systems in the league. However, their team is filled with a lot of average pieces and are still far from competing

Reactions: Raymoondo

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
On a neutral plane, OP's list is great!

To many biased people in here though, butt hurt about their "meh" prospects.

TheFinnishTrap

Apr 10, 2012
55 spots under Liljegren, whom he was selected before and looked better than on a weaker Finnish team. Hey. It’s expecred.
Disregarding Liljegren, there are at least a couple of Finns I would pick Välimäki over. Probably just a lack of exposure.

Stan Galiev

Sasha Minor
May 15, 2015
Not a bad list. I would tweak a few things but pretty solid. It’s so sad the Caps have only 3 guys total on the list and in the HMs. Our prospect pool is so dead right now. I personally think Seginthaler deserved an HM. Was the second best defenseman behind Chabot in the WJC a few years ago.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
I’d love to hear a convincing argument for why Jake Bean, Adam Fox or Gabriel Carlsson are better prospects than Hronek and Cholowski. Or how Rasmussen is behind half the players ahead of him.

List seems biased towards high profile prospects and WJC appearances/performance more than anything else.

MackAttack26

Jan 10, 2015
Ontario
Michael Rasmussen is way too far down your list. He will be in the NHL next season. He's going to surprise some people.

Jake Bean is ranked too high. Complete bust.

Connor Timmins is way too far down the list. IMO he's a better prospect or on equal ground with Makar. I don't get the separation. Probably your worst ranking.

Kale Clague needs to be higher

Sam Steel needs to be WAY lower

Dennis Cholowski is going to be a top 4 defensemen in the NHL and he's not even mentioned? Why?

Martin Necas should be lower than he is.

Yes it is early and I don't have the time to pick apart your whole list so I am admitting I have missed a lot, but seriously your list needs some work. The only proof to this will be time. The list obviously would be ever changing as teams prospects develop.

I see no bias here at all :sarcasm:

Good list OP. Glad to see Guhle higher than most places and Nylander lower than most like they deserve.

AppsSyl

May 28, 2015
Not a bad list. A little Vancouver Canuck heavy with 6 prospects on there.
Thanks for taking the time to compile it and share it.

Hfbsux

Dec 22, 2012

Or maybe you are overrating your team's prospects?

TheBPA

Jul 1, 2004
Thanks for taking the time to put this together.

Only have one suggestion - all of my team's prospects should be ranked higher. ;)

Reactions: Buchnevich89

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Or maybe you are overrating your team's prospects?
There are quite a few d-men ahead of Hronek on the list that don't have much argument to be. Carlsson and Myers for example. Guhle is ranked #35 and has 2 more points in 1 more game, in his D+3 year while Hronek is in his D+2, and relative to their teammates Guhle is much less impressive. But feel free to make a counter-argument if you actually know what you're talking about.

Flamesfan62

Oct 21, 2016
Prince Edward Island
I’d love to hear a convincing argument for why Jake Bean, Adam Fox or Gabriel Carlsson are better prospects than Hronek and Cholowski. Or how Rasmussen is behind half the players ahead of him.

List seems biased towards high profile prospects and WJC appearances/performance more than anything else.
Fox is a better prospect than both of them, no argument there. Can’t see why Bean is so high though, he’s heading towards bust territory.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->