My top 10 U20 2011 forward

Bibeen

Jan 1, 2011
Quebec
It's my opinion about the performance of the best player of the U20 2011 tournament.

1) Brayden Schenn
2) Ryan Johansen
3) Jesper Fasth
4) Maxim Kitsyn
5) Joonas Donskoi
6) Yevgeni Kuznetsov
7) Vladimir Tarasenko
8) Teemu Pulkkinen
9) Patrick Cehlin
10) Nick Bjugstad

What do you think about it?

Torts

Aug 21, 2009
Ontario
ill do a quick top 5 forwards

1. Schenn
2. Kuznetsov
3. Johansen
4. Coyle
5. Ashton/Cizikas

first 3 are given

but i feel Coyle played well when he had to, the whole team struggled against canada so who can blame him if he had an off game, seemed like their best forward tho

and for Ashton/Cizikas, i feel these guys were the 2 most underrated forwards for Canada coming into the tourny. Everytime they are out there they take time and space away from opposition and control the boards

GenerationalTalent

Aug 18, 2010
It's my opinion about the performance of the best player of the U20 2011 tournament.

1) Brayden Schenn
2) Ryan Johansen
3) Jesper Fasth
4) Maxim Kitsyn
5) Joonas Donskoi
6) Yevgeni Kuznetsov
7) Vladimir Tarasenko
8) Teemu Pulkkinen
9) Patrick Cehlin
10) Nick Bjugstad

I like you pointing out Fasth for a 6th round pick he played exceptionally well but, wasn't there best forward. Cehlin and Lander were clearly Sweden's two best forwards and then you could argue Larsson or Klingberg for the 3rd spot. However Fasth played really good, showed lots of speed and decent hands but, he wasn't on Sweden's top line, in overtime agaisnt Russia he only got one shift. I assume he played a 3rd line role but, he was good enough to be a top 6 forward for Sweden, don't think he got played like one.

Last edited:

Prussian_Blue

Apr 9, 2003
futurenotes.blogspot.com

1) Brayden Schenn
2) Ryan Johansen
3) Jesper Fasth
4) Maxim Kitsyn
5) Joonas Donskoi
6) Yevgeni Kuznetsov
7) Vladimir Tarasenko
8) Teemu Pulkkinen
9) Patrick Cehlin
10) Nick Bjugstad

I think you have Tarasenko several spots too low...

GenerationalTalent

Aug 18, 2010
I think you have Tarasenko several spots too low...

Yeah, that was the other beef I had with the rankings Tarasenko played better then, Kuznetsov and Kitsyn for most the tournament.

Here is my top 10:

1)Schenn
2)Johansen
3)Tarasenko
4)Lander
5)Kuznetsov
6)Kitsyn
7)Cehlin
8)Coyle
9)Pulkkinen
10)Bjugstad/Panik

Bibeen

Jan 1, 2011
Quebec
I like you pointing out Fasth for a 6th round pick he played exceptionally well but, wasn't there best forward. Cehlin and Lander were clearly Sweden's two best forwards and then you could argue Larsson or Klingberg for the 3rd spot. However Fasth played really good, showed lots of speed and decent hands but, he wasn't on Sweden's top line, in overtime agaisnt Russia he only got one shift. I assume he played a 3rd line role but, he was good enough to be a top 6 forward for Sweden, don't think he got played like one.

Well, Fasth wasn't the best of Sweden team, but I prefer his style than Lander and Cehlin and it's why i putted him higher than Cehlin but yes, Cehlin was maybe the best. Lander was a deception, according to me...

4Isles4*

I Knew Schenn was good but Johanson impressed the hell out of me...

Bibeen

Jan 1, 2011
Quebec
Yea, he's a big guys who know how to use his body to his advantage. According to me, he's the next Jeff Carter.

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
Wow, no mention of Richard Panik? The kid was great for the Slovak's and had 7 goals and 9 points in 6 games.

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
From what I saw Tarasenko was the best player in the tournament by a landslide.

The only forward I noticed with genuine super star ability.

Bibeen

Jan 1, 2011
Quebec
From what I saw Tarasenko was the best player in the tournament by a landslide.

The only forward I noticed with genuine super star ability.

Sorry but with that U20 final, Kuznetsov is way better than him... Kitsyn impressed me alot too and can be ahead of Tarasenko...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad