Speculation: My thoughts on Tyler Bozak

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Wow!....Tyler Bozak?....would then mean a probable trip to the minors for somebody like Adam Gaudette.....after last season's UFA spending spree by Benning and Linden, be very afraid of what lies ahead on July 1st.

Zippgunn

May 15, 2011
Lhuntshi
Bozak's hockey attributes are completely beside the point: the guy is a Toronto Maple Leaf and will therefore be subjected to the "Wellwood" treatment where nothing he does will be anything good and everything he does that isn't perfect will be micro-analyzed to death. He could show up here and score 40 goals and would still have more detractors than fans here.

Jyrki21

2021-12-05
Sponsor
Agreed. The idea of Benning with more than $15 million in cap space burning a hole in his pocket is deeply unsettling.
This is another selfish situation for Benning that could really screw up the cap structure for the next GM, with a second and maybe third Eriksson/Sutter-like deal on the books. And if the guy is any good (unlikely with the current availabilities, but still) then pushing the Canucks into meaningless mediocrity.

It was so important for the rebuild that Benning be gone before free agency. I can't believe the audacity of extending this guy.

I don't know who deserves more disrespect here – Linden for bullying them into extending an incompetent, or Aquilini for giving in because he thinks we're babies and can't handle the departure of an equally incompetent president.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
The thought of signing a mediocre 32 y/o forward with 11 goals this year to a huge long-term deal is nauseating.

Bozak is basically the same player as Sam Gagner only older. If we had a use for him - which we don't - the most I'd offer would be 1 year/$3 million.

Reactions: Jyrki21 and HSD19

Pavel96

Apr 7, 2015
This is another selfish situation for Benning that could really screw up the cap structure for the next GM, with a second and maybe third Eriksson/Sutter-like deal on the books. And if the guy is any good (unlikely with the current availabilities, but still) then pushing the Canucks into meaningless mediocrity.

It was so important for the rebuild that Benning be gone before free agency. I can't believe the audacity of extending this guy.

I don't know who deserves more disrespect here – Linden for bullying them into extending an incompetent, or Aquilini for giving in because he thinks we're babies and can't handle the departure of an equally incompetent president.
Exactly. The franchise seems like such a mess in general. Why keep this going it makes no sense? They both deserve a lot of disrespect. I'm really disappointed in Linden. I loved him in '94. But he is really offensive now - I quite detest him.

Aquillini is just a billionaire's son who has been gifted everything in life - you'd expect him to be an idiot/not successful at something new or outside the business he was given. But Linden I don't get. Is he actually this inept or what stake does he have in destroying the franchise? Is he actually trying to burn it down as some deep seeded brilliant revenge plot for getting traded and Messier etc? I really hoped Linden would turn into what Yzerman has but he's obviously the Canucks Kevin Lowe. It's appalling all around.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
But Linden I don't get. Is he actually this inept or what stake does he have in destroying the franchise? Is he actually trying to burn it down as some deep seeded brilliant revenge plot for getting traded and Messier etc?

best theory i've heard yet. maybe he's trying to tank the canucks stock that messier got in that cocktail napkin contract.

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
The thought of signing a mediocre 32 y/o forward with 11 goals this year to a huge long-term deal is nauseating.

Bozak is basically the same player as Sam Gagner only older. If we had a use for him - which we don't - the most I'd offer would be 1 year/$3 million.

MAPLE LEAF HATER

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad