my thanks go to...

Status
Not open for further replies.

e-e

Mar 15, 2003
Bratislava
i'd like to express my feeling after czechs beat my slovakia team. i'm very disapointed but...
that was a great tournament from slovak hockey team.
i haven't had a chance to see all the games but from what i've seen the best olympics so far...looking forward to next big tournament

THANK YOU GUYS FOR GREAT SHOW :bow: :bow: :bow:

bottleCAPS

Jan 11, 2005
Winnipeg, MB
e-e said:
i'd like to express my feeling after czechs beat my slovakia team. i'm very disapointed but...
i haven't had a chance to see all the games but from what i've seen the best olympics so far...looking forward to next big tournament

This tournament opened my eyes to the nation of Slovakia. I now consider them amongst the other elite teams. Great tournament and they battled to the end, as a fan you can't ask for much else. Stay classy! :handclap:

shawn_kemp*

Slovakia was great! Today's elimination was very disappointing, but the team showed a lot of promising things for the future!

I too now officially consider Slovakia a member of the big 7 (and not as the 7th team)!!!

There is still room for improvement, but considering how short Slovakia's history in international hockey is, I think they did great and will only get better! :clap:

I have nightmares about Gaborik's goals! :D

thebodyczech

Dec 5, 2005
e-e said:

Dakujem, Slovensko!

Jazz

shawn_kemp said:
Slovakia was great! Today's elimination was very disappointing, but the team showed a lot of promising things for the future!

I too now officially consider Slovakia a member of the big 7 (and not as the 7th team)!!!

There is still room for improvement, but considering how short Slovakia's history in international hockey is, I think they did great and will only get better! :clap:

I have nightmares about Gaborik's goals! :D

So you don't consider the 2002 World Championship Gold medal worthy? :eek:

I would say that date in May of 2002 is when they officially expanded the Super-6 to the Elite-7.

The team will only get better - congrats on a great tournament!

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
e-e said:

Ditto also add the Swiss team

shawn_kemp*

Jazz said:
So you don't consider the 2002 World Championship Gold medal worthy? :eek:

I'm sorry to say that but no. I haven't watched the WCH in years because at some point I realized that it's definetly not anywhere close to the Olympics since NHL players are allowed to play.

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
shawn_kemp said:
I'm sorry to say that but no. I haven't watched the WCH in years because at some point I realized that it's definetly not anywhere close to the Olympics since NHL players are allowed to play.
As opposed to the Olympics which is NHL-free? :\

shawn_kemp*

mjb45 said:
As opposed to the Olympics which is NHL-free? :\

Yep. I'm Russian, but I really don't grant much importance to pre-1998 results.

Jaysfanatic*

Slovakia in my eyes has always been strong, since about 2001, and when they won the worlds, that was no fluke, what really bothers me is how they weren't looked highly upon in 02, their players had a HORRIFIC schedule, Satan played FIVE games in FIVE nights, that's just too much to ask of any team, that wasn't fair to the Slovaks, not ONE bit. The one thing that they're missing in my humble opinion is an all-world goaltender, but as far as forwards and defense is considered, they are rock solid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad