My take on the draft, and next year.

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
I don't know.. Koivu and Granlund are likely going to be Minnesota's top 2 centers for many years to come. Unless they feel Zibanejad is a 3rd liner I doubt they take him. They need a goalscoring winger and they love Finns. Armia is an easy choice IMO.

Zibanejad could easily become a Kyle Okposo-style right winger.

When you're an 18 year old center, your position as a forward is anything but etched in stone.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Edmonton - R. Nugent-Hopkins
Colorado - G. Landeskog
Florida - Huberdeau
New Jersey - Couturier
NY Islanders - Larsson
Ottawa - Zibanejad
Winnipeg - Hamilton
Columbus - Strome
Boston - Murphy
Minnesota - Phillips

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Ottawa can get landeskog if the avs take larsson and the devils take murphy or hamilton. Idk what the chances of that happening are though.

CanadienKid25

Mar 28, 2010
Oil - RNH
Avs - Larrson
Pant - Couturier
Devs - Landeskog (BPA)
NYI - Huberdeau
OTT - Strome
ATL - Murphy (BPA)
CBJ - Hamilton
Bos - Siemens
Minn - Armia

hockeyGod

Mar 20, 2002
Visit site
All these lists make me very happy, with Bartschi being available at #11 I sure hope the Av's take him there. Anyways heres my list.

1. RNH
2. Huberdeau
3. Coutuerier
4. Larsson
5. Landeskog
6. Strome
7. Zibanjad
8. Hamilton
9. Murphy
10.Bartschi (then I cry)

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
I hope everyone would read this post before having Hamilton to the Isles in their Mocks.

I couldn't agree more. I know a lot of Ottawa fans are hoping the Devils or Isles take a Murphy or Hamilton but I just don't see it happening. For both NJD and NYI its either Larsson or a forward.

Exactly!

And if Murray REALLY wants one of those forwards (and we all know that Landeskog and/or Couturier would at least theoretically be ideal picks for OTT, while not being in the top 3), he's gonna have to deal with Lou or Snow.

Now, we haven't seen Lou picking top 5 in like, forever, so it's really hard to tell what he's gonna do. In light of the cost of signing Kovalchuk (not just the financial penalty, but also the loss of draft picks), I wouldn't in the least be surprised to see Lou drop down and maybe even drop down again if he feels he can ultimately turn that #4 (one body) into 4 or 5 bodies within the top 45 picks. Really wouldn't surprise me in the least... Heck, one may even have to expect it. Especially when he knows how much a GM like Burke would likely love to move into that spot and has a few assets to do it.

As for Snow, if he and the staff really do want (uhh, or would settle with) Hamilton, Murphy, Strome or even a surprise like Bartschi/Zibanejad, I can thoroughly see him listening to Murray, BUT the swap of positions would very likely have to include a body, not other draft picks. When talking about this in other threads, I've mentioned Murray sending over Peter Regin in order to swap spots.

It'll all depend on how much Murray wants a Couturier, Landeskog or Huberdeau, 'cause one will be there at 5. With a bit of dough to spend on the market this summer, a good number of picks and taking his prior propensity to move/trade in first rounds into account (see #15 for Rundblad last summer, the attempt to move up for Kadri in 09), I'd gander that a move with Snow like the one just mentioned is fully within the realm of possibility.

T_Cage

VP of Awesome
Sep 26, 2006
I think it would be a mistake if teams let Landeskog and Huberdeau drop that far. Heck Landeskog might be the best player in the draft, and Hubs is the darkhorse in this draft.

How i'd rank them:

Landeskog
Larsson
Huberdeau
Couturier
RNH
Murphy
Hamilton
Strome
Zibanejad
Beaulieu

How I figured they'll be drafted:

EDM- RNH
Col- Larsson
Fla- Couturier
NJD- LAndeskog
NYI- Murphy
Ott- Huberdeau
ATL- Strome
CLB- Zibanejad
BOS- Hamilton
MIN- Beaulieu

Curls13

Sep 15, 2010
Central Mass
Boston will not take Siemens. It will be either Zibanejad, Hamilton, Murphy, Beaulieu, or possibly Strome if he's the one who drops. (barring us not moving up, which is not out of the question either) One thing for certain, it will be an interesting/exciting draft day.

GarfSnowed

May 1, 2011
see this draft is so confusing....
after 1st overall any of these players can be one of these players
actually edmonton, from what i heard, could actually think about drafting larsson but its will most likely be RNH
so here is my draft:
1. RNH
2. Larsson
3. Courtier
4. Huberdeau
5. Landeskog (OTT trades up)
6. Hamilton (Isles trade down, steal some picks from OTT :naughty:)
7. Strome
8. Murphy
9. Balieau
10. Zibanejad

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->