My Stanley Cup ads

I am Jack's Fish

Does this actually ruin the enjoyment of the actual game for you?

No? Yes?

People ***** that the ads have no players in it.

They put players in the high production value ads, people *****.

Maybe they shouldnt try anymore, pull all hockey off television, dont broadcast a damn thing.

Maybe people will be happy than?

Sotnos

Jul 8, 2002
Not here
www.boltprospects.com
I am Jack's Fish said:
Does this actually ruin the enjoyment of the actual game for you?

No? Yes?

People ***** that the ads have no players in it.

They put players in the high production value ads, people *****.

Maybe they shouldnt try anymore, pull all hockey off television, dont broadcast a damn thing.

Maybe people will be happy than?
:handclap:

Agreed, but...take a deeeep breath and don't let the kiddies get to you. ;)

I like the ads a lot, and they picked great guys for the voice-overs. Nice shots of the players, nice imagery, good lighting.

Maybe someday people will figure out that NHL ads aren't targeted at people who already like hockey, anyway.

thenextone

Mar 19, 2005
New York City
I saw one ad for the World Cup of soccer, and it showed a series of live game clips and reaction shots from the fans, coupled with a great narration - it got the message across that Soccer was a sport with terrific fan devotion and intensity

In my opinion, hockey has 100x the intensity of soccer and the fans get really into it as well. Selling that in a simple commercial shouldnt be difficult...

In the end, I dont care what Confucious once said, I care about Esposito, Orr, Gretzky, Howe, Richard and Lemieux

USF Shark

Zôion politikòn
Aug 19, 2005
DC Area
I still like that NHL 06 video game commercial "hey hockey's back".....they should just revive that one but have the goalie holding the stanley cup and the girl should say "hey, the playoffs are back" ;)

Ensane

EL GUAPO
Mar 2, 2002
I dont care what kind of ads they run, as long as they stop getting drunk before working out their TV deals.

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
For all the money they spend on these ads, i swear if you put together fans from across the league they could come up with better ones though the Stanley cup ones aren't as bad as the regular season ones. Just doing a google search you can come up with better montages that would make better ads than the ones they are running right now for the regular season

I am Jack's Fish

Jeff Dahlia said:
They really need to buy a clue...

[IMAGE]http://placenamehere.com/objects/blog/untitled29js.png[/IMAGE]

I mean am I nit picking or should the east and the west be swapped? Come on....to me, that's brutal!
No, that is not nit-picking (which, since I am in nit-picking mode now, should be a hyphenated word), but yes, the east and west should be changed...

Snap Wilson

Sep 14, 2003
I love the Stanley Cup playoffs, and I love grizzly bears, and I love that shot of the Canes player snapping his stick over his knee. I love Denis Leary's narration and I believe Kiefer Sutherland when he says it's His Stanley Cup because Kiefer Sutherland plays Jack Bauer, and by god, Jack Bauer would shoot you in the kneecap even if you were his best friend to get what he thought was necessary. So it is his f**king Stanley Cup, kids. Everyone else is playing for the right to have their kneecaps blown off.

Needless to say, I love the ads.

Snap Wilson

Sep 14, 2003
Oh, and another thing: If the finale of Carmina-f**king-Burana doesn't get you pumped, check your pulse because you're dead. I'd charge into the gates of hell with that music.

oilersrule14

May 13, 2003
Visit site
thenextone said:
I saw one ad for the World Cup of soccer, and it showed a series of live game clips and reaction shots from the fans, coupled with a great narration - it got the message across that Soccer was a sport with terrific fan devotion and intensity

In my opinion, hockey has 100x the intensity of soccer and the fans get really into it as well. Selling that in a simple commercial shouldnt be difficult...

In the end, I dont care what Confucious once said, I care about Esposito, Orr, Gretzky, Howe, Richard and Lemieux

I saw that same World Cup ad as well, and I thought the exact same thing. Why can't the NHL do something like that. Both the MyNHL ads and the World Cup ad try to convey the same message, but the MyNHL ones just come off as cheezy instead, whereas the World Cup one actually got me pumped.

kenabnrmal

Feb 28, 2002
the beach or rink
Visit site
The ads are great, huge step up from the myNHL ads. The easiest thing in the world is to pick apart a commercial, while one of the more difficult ones is to actually produce a good one.

There is no such thing as a "simple commercial".

The NHL did a fine job with these ones.

Sotnos

Jul 8, 2002
Not here
www.boltprospects.com
moneyp said:
I believe Kiefer Sutherland when he says it's His Stanley Cup
He's the next James Earl Jones of voice-overs. He's done NHL ads for a few years and they need to keep paying him whatever they have to, seriously.

That's Brind'Amour breaking the stick over his knee. I love that shot.

Holly Golightly

Aug 3, 2005
Denver, Colorado
The new ads are waaaaaaay better then those generic "My NHL" ads with the nameless players. I'm sorry, but those regular season ads were just horrible! (Not as horrible as those freaky Burger King "Wake up with the King" ads; but that's another thread). I will admit that some of the spots are a bit corny, like the Red Wings players skating through fire and Jagr's "Stick-O-Fire", but all in all, the ads are way better than what we saw during the regular season.

As far as the OLN commercial with the bear, I'm not so sure about that one. Maybe the powers that be are trying to link a bit of "Outdoor Life" (i.e. big brown bear) with hockey. Personally, I think that there should be some derranged mountain man with a gun somewhere in the commercial, I don't know, maybe chasing the bear. ;)

Evil Genius

Mar 24, 2006
ATL
Remy said:
Personally, I think that there should be some derranged mountain man with a gun somewhere in the commercial, I don't know, maybe chasing the bear. ;)

I think they tried but Todd Bertuzzi was busy that day.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
In fairness to the my nhl ads, its not like they had a LOT of time to think something up, they just had to get something out there.

I absolutley LOVE the my stanley cup ad Kiefer narrates, because his voice is amazing for that kinda stuff.

I always laugh at the Howie Mandel one, because it has a quote that the beginning then at the end it has -Howie Mandel, like hes some great thinker. I dunno, when I see a commercial thats all intense with a quote and then "Howie Mandel" at the end I just crack up and think of mis mullet on "Bobbys World"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad