My Predicitons For Tournament

Status
Not open for further replies.

theo_60

Sep 18, 2004
1. Canada will win gold. Their experience and maturity from 1 year ago is unmatched by any team.

2. Al Montoya will not be good this year and the Americans will faulter. He's a good goalie but he isn't as good as a lot of you think around here. When I read about the most over-hyped prospect, his name is the first to jump out.

3. Dion Phaneuf will make Atlanta and Nashville say "What the f*ck were we thinking?". Braydon Coburn and Ryan Suter will both have average tournaments.

4. Petteri Nokelainen (16th overall) will be the best out of the Finnish 3. Lauri Tukonen (11th overall), and Lauri Korpikoski (19th overall) are the other 2.

5. FIRST TEAM ALL STARS
Sidney Crosby (F), Patrice Bergeron (F), Alex Ovechkin (F), Dion Phaneuf (D), Andrej Meszaros (D), Jeff Glass (G)

leafaholix*

1. Canada will go undefeated.

2. The US will faulter because of the lack of size on defense. Alvaro Montoya won't be able to keep it up like he did last year.

3. Evgeny Malkin will disappoint.

Chaos

And the winner is...
Sep 2, 2003
TX
1. U.S. will once again defeat Canada in the gold medal game, only this time the US will dominate the game, not giving the canadians to fold like a wet paper towel late in the 3rd period.

2. Crosby will not be among the top 5 in scoring

3. Sweden, lead by Eriksson, Soderberg, Fransson, and Heino-Lindberg, will surprise a lot of people and beat the Russians in the bronze medal game.

Douggy

Dec 22, 2002
London, Ontario
Visit site
- The Czechs will medal :teach:

- Canada will get the Gold

- The US will have a relatively disapointing tournament. ie, they wont get the Gold

- Patrick O'Sullivan will be a tournament All-Star

- Belarus will not be relegated

Fedz

Sponsor
Jul 18, 2003
Behind the Bench
Douggy said:
- The Czechs will medal :teach:

- Canada will get the Gold

- The US will have a relatively disapointing tournament. ie, they wont get the Gold

- Patrick O'Sullivan will be a tournament All-Star

- Belarus will not be relegated
I actually like your predictions, and agree with all of them, except for O'Sullivan. I just can't see him beating you Ovechkin/Crosby/Bergeron.

Canada_2005_Champs

Dec 24, 2004
Canada Will Win Gold

It isn't a prediction, it is a fact that Canada will win the gold this year and then come back and win it next year in Vancouver..................... This years team is simply, (too much) to handle, and dont think for one minute that canada will lay back and think, we dont even have to play to win, because this team is coached by Brent Sutter and in Brent's eyes, Canada has to, and will play with everything they have and with all the pride in the world...... as Don Cherry would say,,,, no matter what.... If two teams play their hearts out, the one with the most talent will always win, and this year Canada is stacked with size, experience, and down right Talent.... and they are going to play for them selves, and their country, and Stephen Dixon of the Cape Breton Screaming Eagles will play for Greg Lynch, former president of the Eagles hockey club that passed away this summer. ....And another thing, Jeff Glass, my god this guy isnt a bad goalie, he earned his spot this year,,, there are good goalies out there and the reason Jeff Glass is the starter is because he is a Damn Good goalie.... This is the year finaly for our boys, there is no doubt in my mind..... We have too much talent which is backed up with even more heart!! go get em boys!! ----Proudly Canadian............

Douggy

Dec 22, 2002
London, Ontario
Visit site
Reilly311 said:
I'm sorry. :(
Give him a break. I'm sure your first post on this site wasn't exactly insightfull either.

Mine was 2 years ago around this time and was something along the lines of "Feury is teh best!!1 Canada will win the gold ofr sure!!!!11" :joker:

Nielson81

Feb 28, 2002
www.hockeysfutureradio.com
1. - Russia will edge Canada in a great gold medal game

2. - Crosby will finish 2nd in Team Canada scoring

3. - Alexander Ovechkin will be named tourney MVP

4. - Tuukka Rask will open many eyes in goal for the Finns.

5. - Phanuef will be outplayed by another Canadian defenseman.

6. - Michal Frolik will have people dropping their jaws.

Unbiased Canadian

Canada_2005_Champs

Dec 24, 2004
We will see

Canada Will Win Gold. and when they do ill come back to this message board and refer to what i just said........... All you others who arnt Canada fans,,,, you dont wanna show it,,,,, but you know....... and we will see

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Canada_2005_Champs said:
It isn't a prediction, it is a fact that Canada will win the gold this year and then come back and win it next year in Vancouver..................... This years team is simply, (too much) to handle, and dont think for one minute that canada will lay back and think, we dont even have to play to win, because this team is coached by Brent Sutter and in Brent's eyes, Canada has to, and will play with everything they have and with all the pride in the world...... as Don Cherry would say,,,, no matter what.... If two teams play their hearts out, the one with the most talent will always win, and this year Canada is stacked with size, experience, and down right Talent.... and they are going to play for them selves, and their country, and Stephen Dixon of the Cape Breton Screaming Eagles will play for Greg Lynch, former president of the Eagles hockey club that passed away this summer. ....And another thing, Jeff Glass, my god this guy isnt a bad goalie, he earned his spot this year,,, there are good goalies out there and the reason Jeff Glass is the starter is because he is a Damn Good goalie.... This is the year finaly for our boys, there is no doubt in my mind..... We have too much talent which is backed up with even more heart!! go get em boys!! ----Proudly Canadian............

It's the Oracle of Moose Jaw! I'm glad you think everything's in the bag. :joker: :dunce:

Canada_2005_Champs

Dec 24, 2004
Lets not forget, usa didnt even score the winner last year, Fleury scored the winner by banking it off patrick......... and last year usa was a power house, and canada was Canada, this year, USA isnt a power house, and canada is every bit the team they were last year and way more.. and american barley beat them last year.... I dont think its in the bag,,,,,,,,,,, i know its in the bag.......and i said it before and ill say it agan, we will see

PanthersRule96

Jun 15, 2003
Visit site
Unbiased Canadian said:
1. - Russia will edge Canada in a great gold medal game

2. - Crosby will finish 2nd in Team Canada scoring

3. - Alexander Ovechkin will be named tourney MVP

4. - Tuukka Rask will open many eyes in goal for the Finns.

5. - Phanuef will be outplayed by another Canadian defenseman.

6. - Michal Frolik will have people dropping their jaws.

Unbiased Canadian

I like these predictions. :)

One of my own, Olesz will be top 5 in tourney scoring and will be the Czechs best player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad