My pick if I could change NHL Commissioner...

GSC2k2*

Well, then, explain to me how not every franchise is making a profit, Mr. HandyMan.

Maybe I've switched sides.

Everything's theoretical until you actually talk to people in the know, and I've just gotten off the phone with a VERY important person who assures me, in no uncertain terms, that the entire structure was based on one photograph, (the subject of which need not be named),
NO ONE respects their doggone confidentiality agreements these days. No one, damn it!!

IronMosher

I R Sharks Fan
Aug 5, 2003
Waddletown, PA
Visit site
I am not talking about popularity of course basketball is more popular in SoCal. But in several States hockey is ahead or equal to basketball in popularity. And in Canada where I live it's no contest hockey is the game.

I don't understand why the NHL has 3 franchises in California. Like you said SoCal don't care about hockey. So why not move those franchises up here in Canada where we care about the game. California do not deserve to have any NHL franchises. :shakehead

Get off your Canadian high horse. You don't deserve to breathe the same air as the rest of us rational thinking human beings. :banghead:

Transported Upstater

Get off your Canadian high horse. You don't deserve to breathe the same air as the rest of us rational thinking human beings. :banghead:

Californians don't know anything about hockey. It doesn't snow in San Jose!!!! :teach:

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Daly would definitely be the ideal man to take this position but I would also like to see Brian Burke, he's clearly shown his managerial skills and his knowledge of the game and it's business would definitely make the nhl a more profitable game.

A) He's accomplished jack as a GM
B) His stint in the league office was nothing short of a disaster

I must confess I never though Bettman could rally as much as he did this last season.

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
Charles Wang
Mike Milbury
Dennis Leary
Donald Trump

All jokes aside, how about Lou Lamoriello?

While I like Lou he is not what the NHL needs in a commissioner. The NHL needs a Pete Rozelle type of commissioner someone who can promote the sport. Based on the Devils promotion efforts (or lack there of) Lamoriello isn't that guy.

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
I don't understand why the NHL has 3 franchises in California. Like you said SoCal don't care about hockey. So why not move those franchises up here in Canada where we care about the game. California do not deserve to have any NHL franchises. :shakehead
Population of California 33 million
Population of the entire country of Canada 30 million
That's why there are 3 franchises in California; if 98% of the state of California doesn't care about hockey that's still 660,000 (about the entire metro population of Winnipeg:eek: ) people that do:teach: more than enough to support 3 teams

puckhead103*

Population of California 33 million
Population of the entire country of Canada 30 million
That's why there are 3 franchises in California; if 98% of the state of California doesn't care about hockey that's still 660,000 (about the entire metro population of Winnipeg:eek: ) people that do:teach: more than enough to support 3 teams
great insight...

basically if your logic works out...there should be 3 teams in canada..and not 6...

3 teams in californa = 33 million
3 teams in canada = 33 million...

Last edited by a moderator:

COHockey

Aug 30, 2005
Colorado!
great insight...

basically if your logic works out...there should be 3 teams in canada..and not 6...

3 teams in californa = 33 million
3 teams in canada = 33 million...

California = 33 million with 2% support = 3 teams
Canada = 30 million with 98% support = 6 teams?!?!

puckhead103*

its all about dollars and cents....the nhl needs california because they have wealthy customers....

here is a quote from nba owner who prefers "customers" than fans...

A prominent NBA owner once told me that he would rather have customers than fans because customers spend money at games while fans sit around and listen to sports talk radio all day.

fan support is okay...but the bottom line is fan support can't make an owner rich...

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville

98%:biglaugh:
You can't get 98% of people to agree the sky is blue

Dude I have met several people from Canada that HATE Hockey!! They just roll their eyes at you when you bring the subject up. Almost like asking a Tennessean about NASCAR or a Californian about Surfing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad