Injury Report: my Pavel Datsyuk best worst moment

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
The collision with Toews in 11-12 was the moment for me where he was never quite the same, at least in terms of losing some of his skating movement/explosiveness/strength. He played through it for a few weeks then ended up getting the surgery.

He obviously had some really good seasons after that and was still a great player, but I felt like he lost a half step after that.

Fil Larkmanthanasiou

Feb 10, 2018
Even in his second last season, his PPG was better than some that finished top 5 in scoring yet he was so much better than any of them defensively. He sacrificed personal glory for the team.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
As far as non-stickhandling plays go, my favorite moment with him was probably with Chara. At one point he went down into the offensive zone and got wrecked by Chara, then came right back into his own zone and gave it back.

It's minor, but it was more or less sending a message that he wasn't gonna be pushed around without a receipt.

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Goal against Turco.

Also, I remember watching him in his rookie season and there a little player around the red line where he took a pass and a player from the other team went at him. He just calmly moved him self back about a foot and the play went by...he just passed it up to a teammate.

That's when I knew he was special.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad