My Open Letter to the Isles

cjdv16

Nov 22, 2005
The Swamp
I wasn't sure how best to contact the Islanders. I opted to use the messaging function as part of their ticket plan page. Gave them my real address, phone, and email. Challenged Wang to dial or email me personally. After 30+ years as a fan, I deserve an explanation.

Born in '75. Witnessed a bit of good things and over 20+ years of disgrace.

If he wants my money, he's going to call me.

What are the chances I get a response from that piece of crap?

I figured I only had a certain number of characters to post in the comments so I was short and sweet. I bet I get a call from a ticket rep who pretends not to have even read my comments and tries to sell me something. Lord help that person calling me.

I'm a northern NJ resident and long-time (30+ year) Islander fan. I've converted my wife and 3 kids into Isles fans. I was strongly considering a partial package for the final year in the old barn.

However, after witnessing the appalling business practice of the Islanders over the past off season, ineptitude of the general management, and lack of desire to spend (most recently with Vanek and the lack of desire to pay salary to net a good trade return), you can count me out.

In fact, here's a test. Let's see how much Charles Wang wants my money. If he calls me or emails me personally and directly, I'll purchase a partial plan. If not, forget it. I want an explanation personally as to why:

1. there's a minimalist approach to spending for talent and to improve this organization (coaching staff, GM, and players included)
2. why Vanek netted the return he did (I want the real story)
3. why there's no accountability within the organization from the manager on down (will we ever fire our inept, puppet GM and hire someone with real experience rather than OTJ training?)
4. a guarantee as to when this organization will stop being run like a joke

It's about time the big wigs in the organization squirm and grovel for my hard earned money. Otherwise, I don't lay out another damn penny.

I, and many of my peering fans, are done contributing to your wallets while you continually stick it to the fans and play games.

If this were a publicly traded company, you Mr. Wang would have been ousted as chairman, Snow would never have been hired (let along need to be fired) and the public would never stand for the ineptitude that we've witnessed. Your stock would be trading in the pennies.

Let's see if that call or email ever comes. I'll bet it doesn't.... another instance of zero accountability and just more support for my case, belief, and lack of faith in this organization.

Enjoy being the laughing stock of your industry.

ScaredStreit

May 5, 2006
Tampa, FL
You won't receive any reply, don't waste your time. Years ago I sent them an email with a similar ultimatum (I was obviously bluffing, since I live in Tampa LOL). I never received any response.

PS: When Snow was first hired he encouraged fans to email him....I've never discovered any such email. I'm assuming it was all BS.

islesfan186

YES! YES! YES!
Jul 5, 2012
Tennessee
Odds of receiving a response are about as good as the isles winning the cup this year lol.
If THOUSANDS of fans bombarded the isles with letters, it MAY (strong emphasis on may) open someones eyes, but even that is a long shot. Unfortunately, what we will most likely have to wait for is either Prokohrov or Ratner getting sick of Wang's penny pinching and oust him when the team moves to the Barclays center. Other than that, I think things remain the same, and that saddens me.

Poulin 0n My St1ck

Oct 18, 2010
I just crapped in a box and addressed it to Wang personally. "That's what this organization resembles, Mr. Wang."

Thatguystevie

Jan 26, 2014
I wasn't sure how best to contact the Islanders. I opted to use the messaging function as part of their ticket plan page. Gave them my real address, phone, and email. Challenged Wang to dial or email me personally. After 30+ years as a fan, I deserve an explanation.

I don't want to be a jerk but... The dude is a self made multi millionaire, losing your partial ticket plan for one year is the equivalent to you or me tossing our change into the Ronald McDonald fund box at Micky D's.

Also, you may have been a fan for 30+ years but that doesn't make you dollar any more valuable then the next guys.

I think he's probably also pretty prepared to lose a decent amount of the current fan base after the move to BK and had planned accordingly. I'm not sure your threat holds as much weight as you think it does.

But hey, if it makes you feel better about the situation more power to ya brother.

MaryChristine*

(Mod Edit)

Here is the number - 501-6700 to get the menu and then the 1st three of his last name

It's not rocket science.

whats the area code. I'm in Cali

If this doesn't work i'll never forgive you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Thatguystevie

Jan 26, 2014
It's funny. My friend called the morning after he trade deadline and left Garth a message at 8:15 in the morning. At 1:30'or so he received a call from the Isles. He thought it was the ticket office trying to sell season tickets or such. Lo and behold it was Garth calling him personally.

My friend asked why there were ten goalies traded and we got none. He said Snow said not to give up on these kids they are only 23. There were some other questions but my friend was caught off guard and did not have a chance to ask the big question. - why does Capuano still have a job.

He and I spoke later and the one thing we both remarked is why the GM of a hockey team would actually be calling fans. Our thought was "we guess he nothing else to do".

I know you're probably joking but... It's kid of sad that isles fans can take this example(if it's true) of outstanding customer service and fan appreciation and spin it into something negative. The guy went waaaaaay above and beyond his duties as a GM despite all the flack he gets in the media and at the games from fans.

TROLLCHUK

Jul 1, 2006
I know you're probably joking but... It's kid of sad that isles fans can take this example(if it's true) of outstanding customer service and fan appreciation and spin it into something negative. The guy went waaaaaay above and beyond his duties as a GM despite all the flack he gets in the media and at the games from fans.

I admit I thought that Garth deserved props for doing that. I personally like him as opposed to Milbury whom I hated as person and GM.

Snow did his best replenishing the prospects but that is his strength. His weakness is finding coaching, making trades, scouting goaltenders. It's time for a new world order in Islesville.

rikker

Jun 6, 2003
Visit site
again, this is pure speculation, based on observation and a few scraps of news.

Nassua County gets parking and concession revenue, and Wang, by fielding a horrible/rebuilding team (since he was denied his mega-project), has been trying to hit them where it hurts. in the pocketbook.

it's his way of saying, "**** you!" to the County.

Wang had spent money, when he first acquired the team, albeit not very wisely.

this is how i think it will play out....

Snow gets a better coach, a goalie, and a defenceman, this year. the team is competitive, and is on the rise, as they head into Barclay's. it's his way of saying to the County, as well as SMG (for not re-negotiating their agreement), that 'this is what you could have had for the past 6-7 years. sucks to be you. see ya!'

i honestly don't believe that SnoWang hates the fans, and is trying to drive the franchise into the ground. on the surface, it looks like it, but i think they are biting the bullet, re-building through the draft, and trying to time an upswing, just as they are heading into Barclay's.

being Mr. Optimisto, this is what i am hoping for. i am not 100% sure this is the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. just playing armchair detective.

waiting just a bit longer, before i consider cryogenics.

PhysicalGraffiti

Bolts STM
Jul 26, 2007
NY to TB
I wrote a complaint email to the Mets a couple years back and got an email requesting my phone number. I gave it to them and had someone call me back the next morning. I was pretty impressed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad