CAP - Jenner
TAM - Jensen
TOR - Ritchie
SJS - Murphy
VAN - Musil

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
i doubt carolina picks beaulieu in the first. there GM is on record saying he doesnt like picking defenseman first round because by the time they are done developing and worth a 1st round selection, they are free agents.

member 30781

EDM - RNH, future #1 centre for years
COL - Landeskog, top end winger for duchene
FLA - Couturier, Tallon gets his #1 centre to build around
NJD - Larsson, Lou is happy to have him fall to them
NYI - Hamilton, adds future #1 d-man
OTT - Huberdeau, OTT is thrilled to get the potentail top guy in the draft
ATL - Mika Zb, I could see them trading this pick
CBJ - Strome, BPA
BOS - Murphy, they get there puck mover
MIN - McNeill
COL - Siemens
CAR - Beaulieu
CAL - Scheifele
DAL - Armia
NYR - Bartschi
BUF - Rask
MTL - Klefbolm
CHI - TJ Miller
EDM - Oleksiak
PHX - Puempel
OTT - Saad
ANA - Phillips
PIT - Biggs
DET - Brodin
TOR - Rattie
CAP - Jenner
TAM - Jensen
TOR - Ritchie
SJS - Murphy
VAN - Musil

You have Murphy twice, unless you mean Connor Murphy at SJ's pick.

Evgeni Giroux

May 7, 2011
i doubt carolina picks beaulieu in the first. there GM is on record saying he doesnt like picking defenseman first round because by the time they are done developing and worth a 1st round selection, they are free agents.

Yes I agree with that, but I think that could also change if beaulieu is on the board at #12

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
CAR never drafts D-men in round one...

SwitcH: CAR would take Armia if he is there; DAL will take Beaulieu...ALSO : MCNEILL is way too high -he did not show anything offensively at the world U-18 --so maybe won't project as a tiop 2line centre in the pros -but rather a 3rd line checking centre -if that is how clubs now see him,he could drop into the 20's...
HOWEVER--MINN could take ARMIA at #10 or BaRTSCHI or gamble on liitle GRIMADI ...Grimaldi is left off in this poster's top 30 -not going to happen...the question is how high he goes... 10-16 is possible according to several ranking orgs --whether nHL GM's agree we can only wait and see if anyone bites on the risk and he goes off the board no later than about mid-first ...HOWEVER if he gets past that mark-the remaining GM's may lack the guts to gamble on him in the first seeing that 15/16 GM's would not take the risk on his size even though everyone says that talentand effort-wise he is right up there with the best of this draft...so he is a bit of a wildcard in the top half or a bit more of the first..

I do like TJ MILLER at #18 for CHICAGO--a Kesler-like clone and a perfect 2nd line centre solution down the road -but I fear he goes off the board a few spots earlier unless certain teams opt for other needs....IF BUFF wants a centre--they would take Miller ahead of Rask--i think..but I think they would grab OLEKESIAK as a D-man need ....

SO if Grimaldi and Olekesiak are talen somewhere top 17 then (I don't think Rask willbe) then CHI could get MILLER at #18 given all theothers in the top 17 onthe list posted above... (because I doubt RASK and MCNEILL are top 17)..

Evgeni Giroux

May 7, 2011
CAR never drafts D-men in round one...

SwitcH: CAR would take Armia if he is there; DAL will take Beaulieu...ALSO : MCNEILL is way too high -he did not show anything offensively at the world U-18 --so maybe won't project as a tiop 2line centre in the pros -but rather a 3rd line checking centre -if that is how clubs now see him,he could drop into the 20's...
HOWEVER--MINN could take ARMIA at #10 or BaRTSCHI or gamble on liitle GRIMADI ...Grimaldi is left off in this poster's top 30 -not going to happen...the question is how high he goes... 10-16 is possible according to several ranking orgs --whether nHL GM's agree we can only wait and see if anyone bites on the risk and he goes off the board no later than about mid-first ...HOWEVER if he gets past that mark-the remaining GM's may lack the guts to gamble on him in the first seeing that 15/16 GM's would not take the risk on his size even though everyone says that talentand effort-wise he is right up there with the best of this draft...so he is a bit of a wildcard in the top half or a bit more of the first..

I do like TJ MILLER at #18 for CHICAGO--a Kesler-like clone and a perfect 2nd line centre solution down the road -but I fear he goes off the board a few spots earlier unless certain teams opt for other needs....IF BUFF wants a centre--they would take Miller ahead of Rask--i think..but I think they would grab OLEKESIAK as a D-man need ....

SO if Grimaldi and Olekesiak are talen somewhere top 17 then (I don't think Rask willbe) then CHI could get MILLER at #18 given all theothers in the top 17 onthe list posted above... (because I doubt RASK and MCNEILL are top 17)..

yes that makes sense, I could also see COL taking Larsson and drafting one of armia, bartschi, ect. at 11

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->