My Method For The Upcoming Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

sundinfan13

Dec 26, 2002
New Jersey
Visit site
Here is my proposed method. It would without a dbout confuse Bettman to the point of him killing himslef, but I believ this is a fair way to decide who gets Crosby. Crosby is a franchise player correct? So a below-average team without a franchise player should be the best candidate for Crosby. So here is my plan:

Each team would get a tally of their first-round pick (ignoring trades) for the last 3 years. For example: Suppose a team picked, #5 in '02, #2 in '03, and #8 in '04. They would be # 15.

The teams are then entered in a lottery at this order.

However, as a stipulation the teams with the #1 overall picks the last 3 years will not be included in the lottery until after the first 3 picks. These teams recently had their chance at a franchise player (CBS Nash, PIT Fleury, WSH Ovechkin). This would give teams like CAR, CHI, PHO, BUF...a better chance. Teams consistently having bad seasons, without a franchise player.

NYR469

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
pittsburgh & columbus didn't win the lottery though, they traded up to get the #1 pick

to not include playoff teams is one thing, but not including bottom teams like those 3 automatically makes it unfair...although i think basing it on a 3 year span instead of just last year is more fair

Vatican Roulette

Baile de Los Locos
Feb 28, 2002
Gorillaz-EPWRID
Visit site
sundinfan13 said:
Here is my proposed method. It would without a dbout confuse Bettman to the point of him killing himslef, but I believ this is a fair way to decide who gets Crosby. Crosby is a franchise player correct? So a below-average team without a franchise player should be the best candidate for Crosby. So here is my plan:

Each team would get a tally of their first-round pick (ignoring trades) for the last 3 years. For example: Suppose a team picked, #5 in '02, #2 in '03, and #8 in '04. They would be # 15.

The teams are then entered in a lottery at this order.

However, as a stipulation the teams with the #1 overall picks the last 3 years will not be included in the lottery until after the first 3 picks. These teams recently had their chance at a franchise player (CBS Nash, PIT Fleury, WSH Ovechkin). This would give teams like CAR, CHI, PHO, BUF...a better chance. Teams consistently having bad seasons, without a franchise player.

why not just take the average of each teams placing in the lottery from the past 3 years?

Stanley cup contenders still get lower picks, rebuilding teams get better players.

Take washington 12th, 18th and 1st. 31/3=10th.(i dont know what pick washington had in 02, they had 3 that year, so adjust for whatever)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad