My ideal hockey weight??

Hockeynut21

Jun 20, 2014
I'm 19 years old. I am trying out for a semipro hockey league next year. And I'm about 5'8. I am currently 168 lbs. And I'm trying to find out my ideal hockey weight. Don't get me wrong I've played hockey my entire life and my legs are muscular. I am training this next year, to get in shape but I want to know like what would be the best weight for my height as age? I don't have love handles by the way. And thanks.

tuckrr

Nov 28, 2008
I'm 19 years old. I am trying out for a semipro hockey league next year. And I'm about 5'8. I am currently 168 lbs. And I'm trying to find out my ideal hockey weight. Don't get me wrong I've played hockey my entire life and my legs are muscular. I am training this next year, to get in shape but I want to know like what would be the best weight for my height as age? I don't have love handles by the way. And thanks.

As long as you're quick, the more the better. Look at Danny Briere, he's listed as 180-185

SilkyMitts

Apr 29, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
if youre 19 and youre trying out for a semi pro team, im sure you have surrounded yourself with enough coached and trainers by this point in your life that you wouldnt need to go to a message board to ask this question.

Toonces

They should have kept Shjon Podein...
Feb 23, 2003
New Jersey
if youre 19 and youre trying out for a semi pro team, im sure you have surrounded yourself with enough coached and trainers by this point in your life that you wouldnt need to go to a message board to ask this question.

I've had friends I played college hockey with go play in the SPHL down south, and while that's "professional hockey", it barely qualifies as such. Those who do typically are players interested in coaching, and want to get that "former pro" tag on their resume, or just trying to live the dream as long as they can. Many of them don't exactly receive the best training or advice, so I can understand how he'd be confused.

Unfortunately, to answer a question like that you really need to go see a professional trainer who's familiar with hockey players. The number could vary quite a bit based on your individual physique.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus

Depends on the style of play you are planning on playing or be used for

when I played junior hockey my weight was about 190 to 200 when I was 18/19 because I was a third line grinder who banged and crashed--I was 6'1

top guys on my team who were built for speed were about 170 at like 5-11

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad