Waived: My humble apologies

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
I was mistaken in my faith in Radim Zohorna. @Gurglesons saw the truth all along, which I was blind to. I was wrong to ignore his words of warning.
Zohorna got placed on waivers today after 5 days with Calgary. You could say he flamed out.
A different club didn't value him in the end, after I was so infernally convinced that they would.
What caused me to be so led astray? I don't know. I can only hope to make smarter predictions in the future when assessing fringe players.
I must be more humble in my beliefs and more attentive to different perspectives of veteran posters.

Please don't delete this mods, as this was a bet made in good faith.

I welcome all criticisms in the comment section below...criticism which I deserve.
Once again, my apologies, Pixies.

Sincerely, @AuroraBorealis

Last edited:

BobCole

May 21, 2014
I have no idea what this thread is but I'll use the opportunity to talk about Zohorna.

I'm not a doom and gloomer like so many here and it's not with particularly elevated emotion that I say I was surprised and sad to see him claimed by Calgary. I thought he looked good in stints here and would crack our lineup this season.

So has he been sent down to Calgary's AHL team? If so, could somebody claim him if the Flames try to recall him or no?

Am I wrong to think he has a future in the NHL?

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I have no idea what this thread is but I'll use the opportunity to talk about Zohorna.

I'm not a doom and gloomer like so many here and it's not with particularly elevated emotion that I say I was surprised and sad to see him claimed by Calgary. I thought he looked good in stints here and would crack our lineup this season.

So has he been sent down to Calgary's AHL team? If so, could somebody claim him if the Flames try to recall him or no?

Am I wrong to think he has a future in the NHL?

I think he could play like 200 NHL games. We likely get him back.

Reactions: AuroraBorealis

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
I thought we had first dibs at grabbing someone we waived and was claimed if they got waived again? Weird how I missed that all these years haha.

Last edited:

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
I think he could play like 200 NHL games. We likely get him back.
I wouldn't be surprised if Sully tells Hextall to not bring him back since he said he never got a chance here. He seems like he'd be all about holding a grudge for something stupid like that.

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
I was mistaken in my faith in Radim Zohorna. @Gurglesons saw the truth all along, which I was blind to. I was wrong to ignore his words of warning.
Zohorna got placed on waivers today after 5 days with Calgary. You could say he flamed out.
A different club didn't value him in the end, after I was so infernally convinced that they would.
What caused me to be so led astray? I don't know. I can only hope to make smarter predictions in the future when assessing fringe players.
I must be more humble in my beliefs and more attentive to different perspectives of veteran posters.

Please don't delete this mods, as this was a bet made in good faith.

I welcome all criticisms in the comment section below...criticism which I deserve.
Once again, my apologies, Pixies.

Sincerely, @AuroraBorealis

This is what happens when you doubt the greatness of DOC.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad