GDT: My first GDT! Chicago Blackhawks @ Winnipeg Jets

Status
Not open for further replies.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
LOL

He is not worth a 7th round pick and with that contract running thru next season (Thanks Stanley) the Hawks will either have to trade asset with him or take a bad contract back to get rid of him
We'll have to eat it. Since we can't move Seabrook's contract without mortgaging our future, we have to try to move Keith. It's unfortunate, but must be explored.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Anyways it started making me think if Ward got hurt that your team would be going back to the well of the "replacement / emergency" goalie. We didn't want to see that again. Probably some banker or accountant that we'd never score on ;)
Forgot that game was against you guys. Like one of only a handful of enjoyable games for us last year.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
I'm really surprised Bowman hasn't addressed the goalie situation in Rockford yet. Have to imagine it gets resolved by the end of the month.

Beavski24

Aug 10, 2012
Calgary
Good pushback, strome looks good out there. Kane looked dangerous. Ward had timely saves. Seabrooke is done being an nhler tho

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Zawaski called for blowing up the team on his postgame podcast, “Why wait? Nothing is going to happen between now and a year from now, or two years from now, that’s going to make the Blackhawks contenders again. At least not with this core of players.”

Before that he also said,

“Not every new coach, not every new system loses eight games in a row. Especially when you’ve got one player that is still considered an MVP caliber kind of a player, another guy making 10 million dollars and can still be considered a top-10, top-15 player, maybe top-20 in Jonathan Toews. It’s really inexcusable at this point.”

“The human element is a real thing, and the Hawks are playing with zero confidence right now.... at some point you need the veteran leaders in the room, the veteran players in this room, to sort of take a stand and not allow it to happen anymore.”

“Is it really and Xs and Os thing? Is Jeremy Colliton really outschemed by every coach in the league? I don’t think so.”

“I don’t think it’s a question of talent. Do you look at this roster that the Blackhawks have and say they are markedly worse than every other team in the NHL? Like if you line them up on paper, do you look at the Blackhawks and say ‘look at that team, look at the talent, it makes sense that they are the worst team in hockey by a wide margin.’ Absolutely not.”

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
20 pages of posts again. Wow, amazed at how many people are still watching this team and care. I guess its like when some drive past a car wreck and have to slow down and look. They know they shouldn’t but can’t help it.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Zawaski has called out the core all year and its hard to disagree. It feels rotted out. There is no chemistry and the guys that are expected to lead have failed to do so. Its actually been the young players taking a step under JC. Strome, Kampf, Kahun, Forsling etc

goldenbladz1

Feb 11, 2015
I mentioned this in Winnipeg's GDT, but I'll say it again here a minute.

Thinking back on it, the acknowledgment by the Winnipeg organization for Sharpie calling it quits is still a class act and one of several reasons we should all be pretty content if they manage to win the cup this year.

We can go back to treating them as divisional foes next year when we're hopefully not trash.

Winnipeg is a class act and even though division foes I like the Jets, exciting team to watch (Leafs too)

Reactions: JetsWillFly4Ever

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Ha ha! Come on .. give the team a little love! Remember before 2010 when it was us with the longest cup drought? It's been since '67 for the Leafs ... 51 years baby!
Now the leaf fans ... are another story!

I like some of the players. But f*** the Leafs simply for their horseshit fans. They're the most obnoxious, entitled, whiny little bastards out there. :laugh: I couldn't care less if they never win a Cup again, though.

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
Zawaski has called out the core all year and its hard to disagree. It feels rotted out. There is no chemistry and the guys that are expected to lead have failed to do so. Its actually been the young players taking a step under JC. Strome, Kampf, Kahun, Forsling etc
I think the most amazing part is there are people on here who STILL argue the core needs to stay and that they are important.

If Bowman hasn’t asked Keith and Crawford if they want to be traded then he needs to. He needs to just send Seabrook home at this point. Veteran leadership my ass.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
I think the most amazing part is there are people on here who STILL argue the core needs to stay and that they are important.

If Bowman hasn’t asked Keith and Crawford if they want to be traded then he needs to. He needs to just send Seabrook home at this point. Veteran leadership my ass.
i think the org will wait out the clock for Seabs to decide he is a miserable footnote of what he was once.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
i think the Bhawks fans are in with SB of the team's rebuild, they appreciated what SB and org has done bringing in those 3 SC's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad