Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
1-Capitals-Alexander Ovechkin No analysis needed
2-Penguins-Evegni Malkin
3-Hawks-Cam Barker-joins Babchuk,Seabrook and Barinka on D in Chicago
4-Jackets-Andrew Ladd
5-Coyotes-Al Montoya(yes Montoya before Marek Schwarz)
6-RANGERS-Rotislav Olesz
7-Panthers-Lauri Tukonen
8-Canes-Robbie Schremp-Carolina will go back to their favorite league-OHL-to a fill a big need at center
9-Ducks-Alexander Radulov-No Bryan Murray means Alain Chaney can go back to picking Russians in the first round(Vishnevski,Smirnov,Chistov)
10-Thrashers-Drew Stafford
11-Kings-Marek Schwarz
12-Wild-AJ Thelen-The Wild pick a native son(Savage,Minn) who has skating ability/hockey sense.Two assets valued by Tommy Thompson
13-Buffalo-Boris Valabik-the Sabres fans are happy
14-Oilers-Andrej Meszaros-the Oil fans are happy
15-Nashville-Kyle Chipchura-Nashville likes the WHL boys(Hartnell,Upshall,Hamhuis)and they need a center.Chipchura is a Predator prototype
16-Islanders-Alexandre Picard-who knows what Milbury is thinking on draft day :lol
17-Blues-Enver Lisin-Blues need an injection of speed and skill-Jarmo Kekalainen(Hossa,Havlat,Volchenkov)and Larry Pleau(Alex Kovalev,Niklas Sundstrom,Christian Backman)like taking Euros in the first round-Jarmo will run this draft and then take off for TO to re-join JFJ
18-Habs-Roman Voloshenko-Habs takes Euros or US college kids in the first round(Hossa,Hainsey,Kommisarek,Perezhogin,Higgins and Kastsitsyn)
19-Calgary-Devan Dubnyk-Flames need a goalie for the future-Dubnyk was born in Calgary and plays in the WHL-SOLD
20-Stars-Wojtek Wolski
21-Avs-Lauri Korpikoski
22-Devils-Travis Zajac-Typical David Conte pick-US college or college bound kid-North Dakota-Canadian kid going to play college hockey-Conte picked Brendan Morrison in 93 with the same career path
23-Sens-Cory Schneider-Ottawa needs a goalie of the future and this kid is too hard to pass up
24-RANGERS-Ladislav Smid-Rangers take two Czechs Olesz and Smid-Jaromir Jagr already has hired the helicopter to take his fellow Czechs to Atlantic City :handclap: Jagr knows his way around the craps table :D
25-Oilers-David Bolland
26-Canucks-Bruce Graham
27-Caps-Jeff Schultz-Caps love the WHLers and they need D
28-Sharks-Blake Wheeler-Timmy Burke is not afraid to roll the dice
29-Caps-Mike Green-Caps love the WHLers and they need D
30-TB -David Schantz-TB needs a goalie of the future but they will probably trade down with this pick because they always trade their first round picks

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
RangerBoy said:
16-Islanders-Alexandre Picard-who knows what Milbury is thinking on draft day :lol

that his team needs skilled wingers aside from defensive prospects.

gameface

May 30, 2004
Maple Ridge, BC
Good effort and interesting analyses.

I have to admit that I'd be intrigued by the Canucks' choice of Graham.

And at the risk of annoying/offending, with the exception of the top two, it's possible that any team takes any player at any position. So please don't say that Team X will never draft Player Y. They may not. Or you may hope that they never do (I know that's the case with me with a lot of the mocks I see), but it doesn't mean the team won't actually select him. Time to hop off my soap box :)

Narnia

Mar 1, 2002
Surrey, BC
picasaweb.google.com
RangerBoy said:
14-Oilers-Andrej Meszaros-the Oil fans are happy
15-Nashville-Kyle Chipchura-Nashville likes the WHL boys(Hartnell,Upshall,Hamhuis)and they need a center.Chipchura is a Predator prototype
I think the Oilers would draft Picard ahead of Meszaros. Just my opinion.

Divine Wind

Hemsky83 said:
I think the Oilers would draft Picard ahead of Meszaros. Just my opinion.

Agreed, but i would still be wearing a huge smile if we nabbed Meszaros. The kid played with men at the world's and does not panic with the puck in his own end. Smooth skating, finesse player with PP QB potential.

Love the 25th selection of Bolland though. :handclap:

Meat Wave

Apr 4, 2003
Canada
I don't like Montreal's pick. While Voloshenko may have the potential become a good top 2 centerman for the Habs, I must say I wasn't impressed with his skating. He's a good playmaker, but his speed in mediocre at best.

tripledekehockey

Apr 1, 2004
pittsburgh pa
good overall job with your draft

i like the fact that you have the caps drafting two dmen late in the first round -- they will then pick up a forward early in the second

10 ft. pole

May 19, 2003
Colorado
Visit site
not a bad mock draft but contrary to what every one thinks LA will NOT draft a goalie. We did not select a single D-man last year. The Kings will undoubtably pick the best blueliner available.

guitaraholic*

I think this is a really excellent mock and it's very close to the one that I see unfolding on draft day and had I not gone for some entertainment value and speculation w/my mock this is the list I'd put together. For the first 10 picks I think you nailed each team almost dead on.
I do however disagree with Lisin to the Blues @ 17. I think your reasoning is solid and I don't argue it but I see them as taking Korpikoski.
I originally had Zajac going to the Devils as well but Wheeler qualifies as a solid first rounder and is still a little 'off the boards' as LL's picks tend to be.
I see Bruce Graham falling to the 2nd round in most circumstances. I could be wrong, though.

CuSa_1

Feb 15, 2004
Personally I see Tukonen going 3rd overall.

That's my "goingoutonalimb" for this years draft. As I become a more savvy draft guru they will get a lil more 'dangerous' :banghead: .

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
10 ft. pole said:
not a bad mock draft but contrary to what every one thinks LA will NOT draft a goalie. We did not select a single D-man last year. The Kings will undoubtably pick the best blueliner available.

The Kings LOVE Boris Valabik

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->