29 - Tobias Bjornfot

:sabres
30 - Samuel Poulin

:bruins
31 - Mikko Kokkonen

*No goaltenders

OB5

May 2, 2015
If the Habs passed on Kaliyev to take an LD that will only help them in 3-4 years then I would be pissed.

Plenty of LD to choose from in 2nd round.

5cotland

NFR
Jan 23, 2015
Scotland
If the Habs passed on Kaliyev to take an LD that will only help them in 3-4 years then I would be pissed.

Plenty of LD to choose from in 2nd round.
Seider is a RHD which I thought was one of Montreal's biggest needs. Thats why I have the Habs taking him.

Chan790

Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Bingy town, NY
Canes owner Tom Dundon has said that as long as he owns the team, they will never take a defenseman in the 1st round.

kidkosher

Nov 21, 2016
Canes owner Tom Dundon has said that as long as he owns the team, they will never take a defenseman in the 1st round.

Interesting strategy. Is there a bad track record for teams taking d out of the top 5.

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
Interesting strategy. Is there a bad track record for teams taking d out of the top 5.

You have a better chance at finding a good d in the later rounds than a high scoring forward. For a team already lacking scoring and boasting a deep defensive group it’s even more important to draft skilled forwards in the first.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Seider is a RHD which I thought was one of Montreal's biggest needs. Thats why I have the Habs taking him.

Montreal.has better RD prospects than LD..

Not a terrible pick as I'm intrigued by him, but habs should take a forward there or Cam York..

ViktorBaeArvidsson

Greenville Swamp Rabbits fan lol
Feb 18, 2017
The Bible Belt of South Carolina
I would like to hear your POV of why you have Nashville taking a defenseman? I honestly think they should take a forward with the pick, but I’ve seen a decent amount of mocks with Nashville taking a defender. I do like Robertson, but to pass on Pelletier, Tomasino, Hogslander, McMichael, and Poulin I when our forward prospect core consists of Tolvanen and a few maybes, I would definitely prefer them adding a forward to our weak pool of prospects.

Duncstar

Sep 1, 2017
Ottawa
I would like to hear your POV of why you have Nashville taking a defenseman? I honestly think they should take a forward with the pick, but I’ve seen a decent amount of mocks with Nashville taking a defender. I do like Robertson, but to pass on Pelletier, Tomasino, Hogslander, McMichael, and Poulin I when our forward prospect core consists of Tolvanen and a few maybes, I would definitely prefer them adding a forward to our weak pool of prospects.
BPA or a belief one will be traded perhaps

pezcore

Jan 13, 2012
St-Hubert, Qc
I would not be happy with that pick for the Habs if Kaliyev, Heinola and York were still on the board. Not a knock against Seider but considering we have some decent RHD depth in our pool and with the big club I dont know if Seider makes sense for us at 15 unless they think is the BPA.

Habs biggest need/weakness are LHD. Romanov is the only prospect with potential down the road for that position. Our 2nd biggest need is scoring fowards. We have quite a few playmakers but no real sniper in our system.

Anyways, good job overall for your first mock.

Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 24, 2012
Montreal
Yeah I believe Habs will go with Heinola at 15. He's the closest to being NHL ready I believe. I mean he has been playing against men for the past year and half in Liiga, Finlands top league.

I would love Caufiled at 15 if only that was a possibility!

Time the Habs had a pure finisher in their organization!

Dan Kelly

Sep 27, 2017
It could play out like this. Hawks taking Byrum is a strong possibility and my Oilers taking Boldy is great, exactly what we need.

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
My first pick for Habs would be Broberg but not a lot of possibilities he is still there at 15.

Then i'd switch to Heinola or Harley, except if a top 10 forward fall to 15.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->