My Final Top 50 OHL Players for the 2018 NHL Draft

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
As is the annual practice, I've ranked the top 50 OHL players eligible for the 2018 NHL Draft.

Just for clarification, for my top 50 ranking, I haven't included any players eligible for draft re-entry, such as Joey Keane or Sean Durzi. This has been consistent all the way through my lists. Instead, I did a list of the top 10 draft re-entries, which can be found here.

Here are the lists:

Honorable Mentions: OHL Prospects: My Final Top 50 OHL Players for the 2018 NHL Entry Draft - Part 1: Honorable Mentions

50-31: OHL Prospects: My Final Top 50 OHL Players for the 2018 NHL Entry Draft - Part 2: 31-50

30-11: OHL Prospects: My Final Top 50 OHL Players for the 2018 NHL Entry Draft - Part 3: 30-11

10-1: OHL Prospects: My Final Top 50 OHL Players for the 2018 NHL Entry Draft - Part 4: 10-1

Firebrd828

Oct 21, 2015
From a Flint perspective...Dennis Busby missed basically the entire season after suffering the same shoulder injury twice, with no guarantee that this injury won't effect his play going forward, yet earns a respectable ranking of #31. Hunter Holmes, who missed about half of the season with illness, not injury, is no better than a Honorable Mention. Both players have been ranked pretty much neck-and-neck by most other sources, going all the way back to being drafted back-to-back. Writer states that he believes in the potential of both, but allows one to maintain a fair ranking, while the one who was actually able to play some games last season drops nearly off his chart.

Last edited:

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
From a Flint perspective...Dennis Busby missed basically the entire season after suffering the same shoulder injury twice, with no guarantee that this injury won't effect his play going forward, yet earns a respectable ranking of #31. Hunter Holmes, who missed about half of the season with illness, not injury, is no better than a Honorable Mention. Both players have been held in seemingly similar esteem by most other sources. Writer states that he believes in the potential of both, but allows one to maintain a fair ranking, while the one who was actually able to play some games last season drops nearly off his chart.
Yeah, I was kind of thinking something similar. Busby is a bit of a bigger risk and more of a gamble in my opinion. Brock can't be everywhere all the time though and might not be aware that upon returning from injury last spring, Holmes was a monster and played the best hockey of his OHL career. He definetly looked like a kid on a mission to remind scouts who he was and get drafted. He did so in front of a ton of scouts too. The place was loaded with them every game late last season. I believe one game they announced there were scouts for 22 teams in attendance. I don't disagree with his observations about Busby though and if a team is seeing credible evidence to support his return to full health and believes he CAN be durable, he's got a decent shot at getting scooped late. He really could become a steal for somebody.

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Goldowski s a kid who is developing right when it counts now. I thought his size and hands were quite evident 40 games 11 goals 10 assists..

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad