My February 2011 Mock Draft

arsmaster*

Why thank you.

As for Bell...

I just think the Canucks can use a gamebreaking offensive defender like Bell. They are pretty set with good strong and physical defenders and could use another guy that can jump into the rush and break a game open. Bell does that. He adds an element to the Canucks game that would really look nice with their set of speedy and puck possessing forwards.

How would you compare Bell to Connauton? (Im sure you've seen him play last year).

I think everything you are saying about Bell, Connauton is better.

My personal preference in this years 1st round is a large skilled forward: Scheifele, Jaskin, Zibanejad etc

R S

Sep 18, 2006
How would you compare Bell to Connauton? (Im sure you've seen him play last year).

I think everything you are saying about Bell, Connauton is better.

My personal preference in this years 1st round is a large skilled forward: Scheifele, Jaskin, Zibanejad etc

To be honest I haven't seen enough of Connauton to make a fair assessment. But, from what I have seen out of Bell, this year alone (seen him live 6-7 times) I really think he is a great fit for the Nucks and will be a better player than Connauton.

Like I said, I think Vancouver has a solid group of good 2 way defenders, but Bell will be more of a gambreaking offensive threat than any of their players back there.

How much have you seen of Bell? And I assume you are a Nucks fan, what's the feel from fans? They want a winger more than anything else?

On another note, I can't wait to do another mock draft in a few weeks now that all these 1st round picks have been dealt.

Madic

May 21, 2008
What's the deal with Mark McNeill? He's supposed to have some snarl to his game, he's a big kid, the numbers are there...so anybody seen him play regularly? Are his numbers inflated, is he actually a true power forward type or is he soft for his size? What about top end skills and skating? Cheers.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
What's the deal with Mark McNeill? He's supposed to have some snarl to his game, he's a big kid, the numbers are there...so anybody seen him play regularly? Are his numbers inflated, is he actually a true power forward type or is he soft for his size? What about top end skills and skating? Cheers.

He's a true powerforward.

Good skater. Great vision. Definitely top 5 overall in this draft class in regards to his vision and passing skills. Soft hands around the net. Does great work along the boards. He kills penalties and can play the point on the powerplay if needed. A good centreman overall.

I've seen him live 8 times this year so I feel like I have a good grasp on what he brings to the table.

I see him going anywhere from 15-20. I think he could one day be a very good 2nd line centre. A Backes-Kesler type of centre, but likely a half tier below those guys.

arsmaster*

To be honest I haven't seen enough of Connauton to make a fair assessment. But, from what I have seen out of Bell, this year alone (seen him live 6-7 times) I really think he is a great fit for the Nucks and will be a better player than Connauton.

Like I said, I think Vancouver has a solid group of good 2 way defenders, but Bell will be more of a gambreaking offensive threat than any of their players back there.

How much have you seen of Bell? And I assume you are a Nucks fan, what's the feel from fans? They want a winger more than anything else?

On another note, I can't wait to do another mock draft in a few weeks now that all these 1st round picks have been dealt.

Connauton has a Mike-Greenesque shot from the point, gets hit through, deadly accurate, hard, and the kids has unreal hands. He has 10 goals and 8 assists so for this year in the AHL after his 72 point first(and ony) season in the Dub. It seems like the characteristics you speak of, regarding Bell are exactly what we already have in Connauton - You can always add more, thats not my complaint.

I've only seen Bell through a few highlight packages, and I tried Isolating him while watching the top prospects game (a bad player assessment tool, but thats all I have). I like his body type - Doughtyish, shoots it hard, skates well, but that one play where he was a pylon on that goal.

I just dont see Bell as a BPA at 30th (man I hope they pick 30th;)).

About Canucks fans, most of them are idiots, for the most part the desire is to get a big forward....preferable a winger....I like Jaskin, McNeil, and Zibanejad right now....I think the group needs a little size.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I hope the Pens don't take Prince with their pick.

I'm probably going to take some flak from 67's fans, but I'm still not sold on Prince as a legitimate NHL point producer. There's some players that you see play and you just see that they have that "it" factor. I haven't seen "it" from Prince this season. IMO, Prince doesn't look any different than a lot of previous high scoring juniors that never really panned out at the NHL level.

Madic

May 21, 2008
He's a true powerforward.

Good skater. Great vision. Definitely top 5 overall in this draft class in regards to his vision and passing skills. Soft hands around the net. Does great work along the boards. He kills penalties and can play the point on the powerplay if needed. A good centreman overall.

I've seen him live 8 times this year so I feel like I have a good grasp on what he brings to the table.

I see him going anywhere from 15-20. I think he could one day be a very good 2nd line centre. A Backes-Kesler type of centre, but likely a half tier below those guys.
Cheers. Seems like he'll be a popular guy come draft day, considering the whole package.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->