My February 2011 Mock Draft

TheKingSlayer

He was in the way!
Mar 12, 2008
Ottawa
Looks like you will need to make some updated changes after the deadline, lots of first round picks being traded around, teams needs will change etc. I look forward to seeing your updated version.

OilerOlli*

Jaskin, Jurco, Namestnikov and Rask left for the Oilers at #31?
Would be too nice to be true.

OilerOlli*

I doubt the Oilers will pass on Couturier. They really need a #1 center. I also refute they believe Larsson is a franchise defenseman.

If they want to pick Cpouturier they should trade down to #4.
Take the bpa = Larsson or RNH.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
No Xavier Ouellet anywhere = Fail.

Not really. The guy still has some major flaws. He was also arguably the worst player at the prospects game last month. I still like the guy to be a solid NHL prospect, but he does not deserve to be in my top 35-40.

BabyBennettov

May 2, 2002
Under the Sunshine
Visit site
Not really. The guy still has some major flaws. He was also arguably the worst player at the prospects game last month. I still like the guy to be a solid NHL prospect, but he does not deserve to be in my top 35-40.

What his your developed assessment on Strome ? I'm thinking it is him or Huberdeau for the Panthers, but can't watch some Niagara games so I don't know very much about Strome ?

Potential ? Player comparison ? Production ?

Keep up your great work bud ! :yo:

R S

Sep 18, 2006
What his your developed assessment on Strome ? I'm thinking it is him or Huberdeau for the Panthers, but can't watch some Niagara games so I don't know very much about Strome ?

I've only seen him a handful of times, and never live...so there might be posters on here that have alot more info than I do. I started a thread on him a couple days ago, and it's around here somewhere.

I also wouldn't mind if the Avs nabbed him.

But so far what I see is a guy that has a great shot, a quick release. He's a dynamic offensive player that can win a game on his own. I like his skating, it's not great, but it doesn't hold him back at all. He's a fairly physical player and isn't afraid to get dirty to get production. Good vision and a pretty smart player from the sounds of it.

Sounds also like he plays his position (C) well. If the Avs do draft him, I hope he gets converted into a winger. The Avs lack RH shots, and I think he will be just as effective on the wing.

A great player, and I agree that the Panthers will likely end up with Strome or Huberdeau. Their holes at centre need to be addressed.

BabyBennettov

May 2, 2002
Under the Sunshine
Visit site
I've only seen him a handful of times, and never live...so there might be posters on here that have alot more info than I do. I started a thread on him a couple days ago, and it's around here somewhere.

I also wouldn't mind if the Avs nabbed him.

But so far what I see is a guy that has a great shot, a quick release. He's a dynamic offensive player that can win a game on his own. I like his skating, it's not great, but it doesn't hold him back at all. He's a fairly physical player and isn't afraid to get dirty to get production. Good vision and a pretty smart player from the sounds of it.

Sounds also like he plays his position (C) well. If the Avs do draft him, I hope he gets converted into a winger. The Avs lack RH shots, and I think he will be just as effective on the wing.

A great player, and I agree that the Panthers will likely end up with Strome or Huberdeau. Their holes at centre need to be addressed.

You've got a quick trigger my friend... We could still finish with Couturier, RNH or Landeskog ! ;)

STHLM*

I think Landskog is the best two way forward in this draft. I don't see Isles pass Landeskog. He will be brilliant in line with Tavares. :)

Mathletic

Feb 28, 2002
Ste-Foy

Only my opinion but don't you think the Panthers will go after Biggs? I thought Tallon said he wanted to change the athmosphere in Florida and wanted to have a tougher team and all.

If Ouellet is no top 40 than Beaulieu isn't top 50 IMO.

same for me

if Ouellet was to fall to the the 2nd round, I'd be all over him

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
8. :blues – Tyler Biggs -- The big, tough power forward will add more size to the Blues top 6. Could turn into a Chris Stewart-type of player.

Dude, are you Mama Cleo (hopefully a reference some will get)?

Good call that the Blues would be looking for a Chris Stewart type. :)

I'd have to think they go Dman at that point. One of Siemens, Hamilton or Murphy should still be there.

Nice work on the mock draft.

I'd also be quite happy if the Oil landed Rask at 31.

Last edited:

KristoLeblanc*

Who cares about one game ?

Having followed the Junior a lot this season, this player is something really special and moves the puck incredibily well. His vision is excellent.

He'll be a first round or atleast early 2nd rounder. Not having him in your top-30 or HM is a fail indeed.

I doubt anyway you catched any of his game with the Junior this year. Iamrite?

arsmaster*

Who cares about one game ?

Having followed the Junior a lot this season, this player is something really special and moves the puck incredibily well. His vision is excellent.

He'll be a first round or atleast early 2nd rounder. Not having him in your top-30 or HM is a fail indeed.

I doubt anyway you catched any of his game with the Junior this year. Iamrite?

Not agreeing with you doesnt make it a fail. He is 41 on tsn's list, 39th on CSS NA skaters (how many honourable mentions should he have made?)

You like the guy fine....but Beaulieu is 9th by CSS and 13th on tsn....its far less of a "FAIL" to have him higher than Ouelett.

BTW. renegade, do you have any reasoning why Myles Bell is going to Vancouver at 30th? Just looking for you reasons, as I dont agree with them.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Not agreeing with you doesnt make it a fail. He is 41 on tsn's list, 39th on CSS NA skaters (how many honourable mentions should he have made?)

You like the guy fine....but Beaulieu is 9th by CSS and 13th on tsn....its far less of a "FAIL" to have him higher than Ouelett.

BTW. renegade, do you have any reasoning why Myles Bell is going to Vancouver at 30th? Just looking for you reasons, as I dont agree with them.

Why thank you.

As for Bell...

I just think the Canucks can use a gamebreaking offensive defender like Bell. They are pretty set with good strong and physical defenders and could use another guy that can jump into the rush and break a game open. Bell does that. He adds an element to the Canucks game that would really look nice with their set of speedy and puck possessing forwards.

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol

From what I've seen of Couturier this year (7 or 8 games) Landeskog is definitelty better. Its not huge but Landeskog is a beast defensively.

Last night, he single handidly kept the puck away from 3 Missasauga players (One of the best teams in Canada) then got loose and passed the puck to a wide open player who scored a beauty.

Just one example, but there's many.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
From what I've seen of Couturier this year (7 or 8 games) Landeskog is definitelty better. Its not huge but Landeskog is a beast defensively.

Last night, he single handidly kept the puck away from 3 Missasauga players (One of the best teams in Canada) then got loose and passed the puck to a wide open player who scored a beauty.

Just one example, but there's many.

Your Rangers blood is in full swing! :sarcasm::p:

I would say Landeskog has much better anticipation while Couturier is much better positionally.

SDig14

Feb 19, 2010
Edmonton, AB
Yes he is and he is a much better goalscorer than Couturier. IMO, Landeskog easily is the best two way player in this draft. :)

Well, lots of scouts and insiders think Couturier holds that title as well, so I don't think it's unanimous either way. Though I will say one thing, Landeskog has the luxury of less defensive responsibility in general which can affect perceptions as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad