My Favorite Tatar Moment

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Here's my favorite one:

I wish him well in Vegas, but I'll take picks any way I can get them, short of dealing Larkin.

RedWingzz

Everybody loves Raymond
Apr 14, 2009
Canada
I have always been a big fan. I'll definitely miss him, but we got a good deal.

Off the top of my head:

-That filthy shootout goal he scored this year
-The goal against L.A to honor his father
-He also had a sick goal against Dallas, can't remember when, I think maybe his 2nd year in the league where he went end to end and then completely split the D and scored

I enjoyed all his goals, he was always really excited to score, you can tell the passion is there. I know I should be rooting against Vegas to improve our pick, but I don't care if the pick is 25th or 30th, I'm on the Veags bandwagon and want to see Tatar win a Cup.

Laser Rayzor

Cautiously Optimistic
Dec 8, 2012
The Underground
Yeah that Dallas goal or the LA goal for his dad were my favourite moments of his NHL career.

In the AHL I loved watching him during that Calder cup run in 2013(?). He really seemed to thrive on that playoff energy accompanied with contenders, would love to have see him do that with the Wings but the timing didn't work out.

Reactions: Pomee

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
I have always been a big fan. I'll definitely miss him, but we got a good deal.

Off the top of my head:

-That filthy shootout goal he scored this year
-The goal against L.A to honor his father
-He also had a sick goal against Dallas, can't remember when, I think maybe his 2nd year in the league where he went end to end and then completely split the D and scored

I enjoyed all his goals, he was always really excited to score, you can tell the passion is there. I know I should be rooting against Vegas to improve our pick, but I don't care if the pick is 25th or 30th, I'm on the Veags bandwagon and want to see Tatar win a Cup.
Would love to see him win a Cup.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I’ll miss him, still hasn’t really hit me he’s gone yet. Really enjoyed watching him and Nyquist come up together. Still will follow him and root for him.

Something tells me he is going to like living in Vegas...

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL
Tatar has a pretty cool clothing line. There's this one shirt of just the outline of his head and beard. My roommate at the time was not a hockey fan. I got him that shirt since they look so similiar. Tatar became his favorite player after that. He texted me after the trade and asked if he could be a knights fan. I told him it'd be wrong if he wasn't. That's my favorite memory of him.

Last edited:

JPE123

Jan 23, 2013
I dont hate the trade but will miss Thomas. Wish him well and many more goals against the west

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Didn't win any cups here or play in many playoff games, for that matter.
Always loved his energy. Played like scrappy doo early in his career.
But this will always be my favorite Tatar moment.
Aww. This misses my favorite part of that night. Z taps him on the butt as Tatar gets off the ice onto the bench and leans in to whisper something into his ear. I don't know what was said but I'm sure it was emotional and meant a lot to Tats.

When things like that happen you sort of feel like maybe fate is a thing.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
H8c2dQj.gif

Nut Upstrom

You dirty dog!
Dec 18, 2010
Florida
He was scrappy early in his career, was a feisty puck hound in the offensive zone. I always wondered what happened to that aspect of his game. I wish him the best, he should have a long, productive career.

Redder Winger

May 4, 2017
He was scrappy early in his career, was a feisty puck hound in the offensive zone. I always wondered what happened to that aspect of his game. I wish him the best, he should have a long, productive career.

I think he sacrificed speed to put on weight.
I don't know if that was the right decision for him.
Weird thing is, when he was first called up to Detroit, his skating was so poor I didn't think he'd ever last in the NHL. But he improved his skating and just continued to play hungry.

I think a lot of smallish NHLers spend a lot of the season bulking up and a lot of the season losing that weight.
Remember who Datsyuk and Zetterberg always started the season looking literally slow?

You can't ignore that Tatar has stopped being the shot producer he once was at 5 on5.
Individual CF/60

Some of that is Datsyuk - but not nearly as much as some people pretend.

Last edited:

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I think he sacrificed speed to put on weight.
I don't know if that was the right decision for him.
Weird thing is, when he was first called up to Detroit, his skating was so poor I didn't think he'd ever last in the NHL. But he improved his skating and just continued to play hungry.

I think a lot of smallish NHLers spend a lot of the season bulking up and a lot of the season losing that weight.
Remember who Datsyuk and Zetterberg always started the season looking literally slow?

You can't ignore that Tatar has stopped being the shot producer he once was at 5 on5.
Individual CF/60

Some of that is Datsyuk - but not nearly as much as some people pretend.

Datsyuk has the best Corsi For ever though... right? I mean, guy was a possession monster.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
The Jan goal for sure.

Frk it's post is probably my favorite goal.

I've always just enjoyed Tomas Tatar the person.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Yup might be picking up one of those Vegas home jerseys now.
Taking the birth year route tats, nice.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
From 21 ---90. His new number.
Yup will miss the other half of Eurotwins 2.0

RedWingsfan55

Jan 5, 2015
I loved tatar. Wish it was nyquist going instead of him. But tatar isn't swedish....

But I love the deal, was a great haul for us.

My favorites moments were every goal. His celebrations were awesome. I loved seeing the energy and someone who actually looked like they gave a damn.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->