My Direct Questions- Playoffs, Talbot, Coaches

Richards18Forever

Nov 15, 2006
philadelphia
I live in the midwest so I dont get all the coverage that is available on the east coast.

I have some questions that I want some more insight and input on from you.

1. Do we really have a shot in hell to make the playoffs?

I've said no way since Thanksgiving and I still feel that way, but I've seen some projections based on schedule and other info that people think we will not only make the playoffs but get the 3rd Metro spot or 1st wild card.
Theres no way? Right?

2. Why did we trade for Talbot to not play him?

If hes just an insurance policy but will never play, we couldve just kept Stolarz.

3.will there be a coaching overall after the season?

Coach Q is out there and is a top level coach, if that's available you absolutely try your hardest for it.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
1) No.
2) Good question. Part of me thinks there may be an injury there, but the other part is the "run" we're on has management somehow thinking the answer to number 1 is "yes", and they dont want to ruin that yet.
3) Sure as hell hope so.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
1) I'd be shocked

2) Because, since the turn of the decade, handling of Flyers goalies has been a disgrace. Leading me perfectly into...

3) Hopefully, because the last NHL mind behind the bench was Laviolette, even though he couldn't handle the goalies at the time, either.

David St Hubbins

Well, you're not as confused as he is.
Jan 24, 2016
Deskfront, facing WSW
1) Highly unlikely, but they are playing well and stranger things have happened. At this point, we could be playing Carolina on the last day of the season for the final playoff spot, loser goes home. (I expect Montreal to drop like a stone.)

2) I suspect it was an insurance policy, not being sure Elliott would be able to play. Overall, it doesn't matter (to me at least) as Stolie was going to walk as a Group IV UFA at the end of the season, and discussing the current benchwarmer doesn't turn my knobs to on.

3) I expect a change, because they need it for PR purposes. I'd like to say they are smart enough to know our Gordon is really the hockey version of this Gordon
giphy.gif
, but I cant bring myself to believe it.

Reactions: Ruck Over

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad