My CBA solution:

Status
Not open for further replies.

vadardog

May 29, 2004
Give all the players UFA status, then install a minimum team salary of 25 million dollars. A team is allowed to spend as much as they want, but for every million that they spend above 25 they start the season down a point.

So if Detroit spends 45 million and wins 50 games they end up with 100 pts minus 20 for an 80 point season. Then if Nashville only spends 25 million they only need 40 wins and a tie to beat Detroit in the standings.

O.K this was just a joke I want to see the best teams in the playoffs, but at least its creative.

dakota

May 18, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
vadardog said:
Give all the players UFA status, then install a minimum team salary of 25 million dollars. A team is allowed to spend as much as they want, but for every million that they spend above 25 they start the season down a point.

So if Detroit spends 45 million and wins 50 games they end up with 100 pts minus 20 for an 80 point season. Then if Nashville only spends 25 million they only need 40 wins and a tie to beat Detroit in the standings.

O.K this was just a joke I want to see the best teams in the playoffs, but at least its creative.

hey its creative i kind of like it... especially the part about all the players becoming UFAs... what would be good in some ways is a cap... and every players becomes a UFA after every season... this way they are happy... but it also floods the market with players... that is the ultimate Free Market which is what the NHLPA wants so I say lets give it to them and see how there membership likes it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->