niedermayer, Foote
Pronger Phaneuf

spare
regehr
bowmeester
blake

goalie:

anyone between the 4 : brodeur, luongo, theodore and turco

st louis need to be there he is playing with his Heart more than any other player... yzerman is too old... Why add draper when we have already 2 awesome Pk player in doan and richards, Phaneuf is amazing playing rough but legally, he deserves a spot!

Pothier

Aug 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Yours is pretty close to what I was thinking. Here's mine:

Forwards

Nash
Spezza
Heatley
Gagne
Thornton
Lecavalier
Kariya
Sakic
Iginla
St. Louis
Lemieux
Richards

Defence

Redden
Neidermayer
Foote
Blake
Pronger
Phaneuf

Goalie

Brodeur
Luongo

joe_shannon_1983*

In the last week or so, I have noticed that Kariya is starting to make more and more people's teams. A month ago, hardly anyone had him on their teams. Now he is making at least some people's teams.

I hope that this is a good omen. The guy is a great player, as well as one of my favourite players.

I hope he makes it.

arrbez

bad chi
Jun 2, 2004
Toronto
I personally can't see Kariya making it, especially if Nash is healthy

Gagne, Nash, Tanguay, Smyth (as well as any of our glut of centres that will be converted to LW) are all ahead of him IMO

therealdeal

Apr 22, 2005
I'm not quite sure what Kariya has done to earn himself a spot on this very, very talented roster. He's -7 on a very very winning team, and frankly has been very inconsistent.

If anyone should make it from the Preds its Steve Sullivan, he's proved himself to be much better than Kariya thus far.

joe_shannon_1983*

arrbez said:
I personally can't see Kariya making it, especially if Nash is healthy

Gagne, Nash, Tanguay, Smyth (as well as any of our glut of centres that will be converted to LW) are all ahead of him IMO

In my honest opinion, Kariya is a better player than Nash (Kariya's worst season is equal PPG-wise to Nash's best season). But obviously, my opinion doesn't count when it comes to who will make the team and who doesn't.

You are right though, that Kariya will have to leapfrog over a bunch of other left wingers, and it will be very hard. I could see him leapfrogging over Tanguay (who Gretzky doesn't seem to like), but beating out Gagne and Smyth will be very difficult (made even more difficult by the fact that they are both having good seasons).

therealdeal said:
I'm not quite sure what Kariya has done to earn himself a spot on this very, very talented roster. He's -7 on a very very winning team, and frankly has been very inconsistent.

His +/- isn't that great, but +/- is kind of a junk statistic anyways. I never look at it too much, especially for forwards.

Kariya has not been that inconsistent this season. If anything, he has been very consistent. He gets at least a point in most games that he plays. The problem with Kariya has been the fact that he hasn't dominated any game. He hasn't had the 3-or-4 point nights that would enable him to skyrocket up the scoring charts.

I will say though, that I do admit that Kariya hasn't played well enough to play his way onto the team. Please note, that he has played just as good as other "locks". But, considering he was on the outside-looking-in at the start of the season, he had to play significantly better than these "locks" to bump them off, and he hasn't done that.

arrbez

bad chi
Jun 2, 2004
Toronto
ferns8916 said:
In my honest opinion, Kariya is a better player than Nash (Kariya's worst season is equal PPG-wise to Nash's best season). But obviously, my opinion doesn't count when it comes to who will make the team and who doesn't.

Yeah, but Rick Nash lead the league in goals as a 19 year old, playing basically by himself in the dead puck era. Also take into account his awsome performance at the WC's (lead the tourny in goals).

Kariya in his prime was better than Nash, but I think Rick Nash is clearly a step ahead of Kariya right now (basing this of course on Nash being healthy).

Canada has a ton of small, quick players who can score. However, we don't have many 6'4, 215 pound wrecking balls who can score

Jim Motion12

Aug 24, 2005
WoW

if we are making a team only base on stats this season

there is a lot of player in my CANADIAN team that should'nt be there..

let,s start with Mario... he is not the mario we used to see, he should retire while glory is around him...

Pronger is not the player we used to see...

and i admit kariya is not the player he used to be ( but he used to pill up points in world tournament, important goals..)

Blake and bowmeester are not really good too this year ...

if we only used this year stats:
to remplace all of them
let's welcome

Mr. Savard to take the place of mario...
Mr. Dan hamhuis to take the place of pronger( this guy is one of the best all around player this year
Mr. Horcoff or Sullivan to take kariya's place
and welcome to any of Brisebois, boyle or Boucher to take the places of Blake and bowmeester

WOW

anyway this wont happen... players are more than probably almost all choose...

let's see who win in turin, i bet slovakia could be a great surprise...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad