My black beast

grncobra76

Aug 2, 2005
Upland
With a 4.6 DOHC engine from the cobra. My buddy had one and was making some serious HP. Congrats! got any pics?

Bronxxx

Dec 2, 2018
Will have pics in May after it comes out of hibernation. One of 7000 total made and one of 470 in all of Canada.

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
Nice find. What are your plans for it? A bit of time at the strip or.. no? Mostly stock or.. beast mods?

I wonder how 'heavy duty' the rear axles are on Crown Vics Interceptors and Marauders.

Bronxxx

Dec 2, 2018
Nice find. What are your plans for it? A bit of time at the strip or.. no? Mostly stock or.. beast mods?

I wonder how 'heavy duty' the rear axles are on Crown Vics Interceptors and Marauders.
It’s 100% stock even original tires. I will keep it that way. Many are beast mods.
There’s one on you tube over 1000 hp! Can’t wait for May.

RichWVU

Sep 17, 2014
Yes. In great shape. BF Goodrich. Tons of tread.

Please don't drive those on public roads, unless it's to a tire shop to get some new rubber. The tire integrity and rubber itself starts to break down after a few years, no matter the condition they've been kept in or how many miles they've been driven on.

Everyone has a different number, but here are some examples, from TireRack ( https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tiretech/techpage.jsp?techid=138 ):

The British Rubber Manufacturers Association (BRMA) recommended practice issued June, 2001, states "BRMA members strongly recommend that unused tyres should not be put into service if they are over six years old and that all tyres should be replaced ten years from the date of their manufacture."

More recently, The Japan Automobile Tire Manufacturers Association (JATMA) recommended practice issued May, 2005, states "customers are encouraged to have their vehicle tires promptly inspected after five years of use to determine if the tires can continue to be used (recommends spare tires be inspected as well). Furthermore, even when the tires look usable, it is recommended that all tires (including spare tires) that were made more than ten years ago be replaced with new tires. Additionally, because in some cases automobile makers—based on the characteristics of the relevant vehicle—stipulate in the owner's manual the timing of tire inspection and replacement. Please read and confirm the content of the owner's manual."

Several European vehicle manufacturers of high performance sports cars, coupes and sedans identify that "under no circumstances should tires older than 6 years be used" in their vehicle owner's manual. However, it should be noted that European recommendations must include driving conditions that include roads like the German Autobahn, which allows vehicles to be legally driven at their top speeds for extended periods of time.

While American driving conditions don't include the high-speed challenges of the German Autobahn, the U.S. divisions of DaimlerChrysler and Ford Motor Company joined their European colleagues in 2005 by recommending the tires installed as Original Equipment be replaced after six years of service.

Yes, this information is a little older, but relevant to the time frame your tires were built.

Bronxxx

Dec 2, 2018
Please don't drive those on public roads, unless it's to a tire shop to get some new rubber. The tire integrity and rubber itself starts to break down after a few years, no matter the condition they've been kept in or how many miles they've been driven on.

Everyone has a different number, but here are some examples, from TireRack ( https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tiretech/techpage.jsp?techid=138 ):

The British Rubber Manufacturers Association (BRMA) recommended practice issued June, 2001, states "BRMA members strongly recommend that unused tyres should not be put into service if they are over six years old and that all tyres should be replaced ten years from the date of their manufacture."

More recently, The Japan Automobile Tire Manufacturers Association (JATMA) recommended practice issued May, 2005, states "customers are encouraged to have their vehicle tires promptly inspected after five years of use to determine if the tires can continue to be used (recommends spare tires be inspected as well). Furthermore, even when the tires look usable, it is recommended that all tires (including spare tires) that were made more than ten years ago be replaced with new tires. Additionally, because in some cases automobile makers—based on the characteristics of the relevant vehicle—stipulate in the owner's manual the timing of tire inspection and replacement. Please read and confirm the content of the owner's manual."

Several European vehicle manufacturers of high performance sports cars, coupes and sedans identify that "under no circumstances should tires older than 6 years be used" in their vehicle owner's manual. However, it should be noted that European recommendations must include driving conditions that include roads like the German Autobahn, which allows vehicles to be legally driven at their top speeds for extended periods of time.

While American driving conditions don't include the high-speed challenges of the German Autobahn, the U.S. divisions of DaimlerChrysler and Ford Motor Company joined their European colleagues in 2005 by recommending the tires installed as Original Equipment be replaced after six years of service.

Yes, this information is a little older, but relevant to the time frame your tires were built.
Noted and Thank you.

Bronxxx

Dec 2, 2018
F02C0644-5305-4DDE-9608-0A049598C506.jpeg
435BC1C1-B85F-42B1-8BB0-277188CB2570.jpeg
As promised a few pictures.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
A friend of mine had one of these back in the day. Fantastic car. Me, him and another friend took on a long-ass road trip one summer. We'd do a 3-man weave as to who got to sleep in the backseat and just drive all day until we got to a place that looked cool. Stop there, have ourselves a time, get up the next day and do it over again. Went pretty much all the way around the U.S. and a good chunk of Canada over the course of a couple months.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Wow, that's a dump no offense :laugh:

I feel like you definitely could have bought a better car for whatever you spent on that...unless it was free, then it's a good deal.

edit - damn a car with the security code thing on the outside of the door? I havent seen that in a decade.

Bring Bak Damphousse

Fire Bergevin...into the Sun
May 27, 2002
Canada
Wow, that's a dump no offense :laugh:

I feel like you definitely could have bought a better car for whatever you spent on that...unless it was free, then it's a good deal.

edit - damn a car with the security code thing on the outside of the door? I havent seen that in a decade.

Dunno I’m not a Ford/Mercury guy but I can appreciate someone who doesnt go out and buy a civic or jetta like all the other 17 year old girls. Car is far from a “dump”

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad