My better ECHL alignment for 2015-16

Big Z Man 1990

Jun 4, 2011
Don't say anything at all
I read about the ECHL's realignment in another thread, but that thread hasn't been posted in since February. I thought I could come up with something better

Western Conference
West Division
Alaska
Allen
Colorado
Idaho
Rapid City
Tulsa
Utah

Midwest Division
Evansville
Fort Wayne
Indy
Kalamazoo
Missouri
Quad City
Wichita

Eastern Conference
North Division
Adirondack
Brampton
Cincinnati
Elmira
Manchester
Reading
Toledo

South Division
Florida
Greenville
Gwinnett
Norfolk
Orlando
South Carolina
Wheeling

This keeps the division sizes the same as it was this season, and like-region teams are for the most part, in the same division. The ECHL wants to split the Ohio teams, that doesn't sit well with me as Ohio is my home state.

Nerdlinger

Hockey Noob
Mar 31, 2015
Not Vietnam
I read about the ECHL's realignment in another thread, but that thread hasn't been posted in since February. I thought I could come up with something better

Western Conference
West Division
Alaska
Allen
Colorado
Idaho
Rapid City
Tulsa
Utah

Midwest Division
Evansville
Fort Wayne
Indy
Kalamazoo
Missouri
Quad City
Wichita

Eastern Conference
North Division
Adirondack
Brampton
Cincinnati
Elmira
Manchester
Reading
Toledo

South Division
Florida
Greenville
Gwinnett
Norfolk
Orlando
South Carolina
Wheeling

This keeps the division sizes the same as it was this season, and like-region teams are for the most part, in the same division. The ECHL wants to split the Ohio teams, that doesn't sit well with me as Ohio is my home state.

Not bad. Maybe swap Cincinnati and Toledo with Norfolk and Reading? Six of one, I suppose.

One reason they might have gone back to 6 divisions is to reduce the number of teams in Alaska's division. Although if that were the main reason, I guess Rapid City or Colorado would be in the Central instead of the West.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad