My 2019 Mock Draft

OilerSuperstar17

Oct 5, 2012
1. NJD
  • Jack Hughes | The HH duo is the best the franchise has ever had.
2. NYR
  • Kaapo Kakko | Their run on European's continue. I think he'll be a Center in the league.
3. CHI
  • Alex Turcotte | Strome and Turcotte is the 1-2 punch down the middle for the next decade.
4. COL via OTT
  • Dylan Cozens | MacKinnon-Cozens is the 1-2 punch they've needed since Sakic-Forsberg.
5. LA
  • Kirby Dach | Dach-Vilardi-Kupari is a trio you can build around.
6. DET
  • Bowen Byram | The Wings get their #1 dman going forward.
7. BUF
  • Cole Caufield | Their Jeff Skinner replacement. Eichel's future winger.
8. EDM
  • Trevor Zegras | His versatility will allow opportunites with either 29, 93, or 97
9. ANA
  • Peyton Krebs | A Steel-Krebs 1-2 punch is formidable.
10. VAN
  • Philip Broberg | With their forward depth set, they set their sights on building on the backend.
11. PHI
  • Victor Soderstrom | Their depth on defense in the system has weakened with graduations.
12. MIN
  • Cam York | No Defense prospect in the system of note outside of Filip Johansson.
13. FLA
  • Vasili Podkolzin | Barkov-Podkolzin is a deadly combo down the line.
14. ARI
  • Thomas Harley | 7 of their 8 NHL roster dmen are 25+. They add to POJ.
15. MTL
  • Matthew Boldy | The next wave of talent for the Habs along with JK, Poehling, Suzuki.
16. COL
  • Moritz Seider | Added to a core of Makar, Girard, and Meloche.
17. VGK
  • Arthur Kaliyev | They need a goal-scoring prospect.
18. DAL
  • Alex Newhook | Their center depth after Seguin isn't strong.
19. OTT via CBJ
  • Raphael Lavoie | Will make the forward core of Tkachuk, Brown, White that much stronger.
20. NYR via WPG
  • Tobias Bjornfot | The European invasion continues. They add to their young D-core.
21. PIT
  • Ryan Suzuki | They need prospects everywhere. Suzuki is a nice starting point.
22. LA via TOR
  • Ville Heinola | An offensively-minded d-man to build around.
23. NYI
  • Samuel Poulin | Big, strong two-way player who rounds out a nice core of forwards.
24. NSH
  • Spencer Knight | Heir apparent to Rinne.
25. WSH
  • Connor McMichael | No prospect on offense of note.
26. CGY
  • Alex Vlasic | Their forward depth is strong. Added to a core of Hanifin-Valimaki-Andersson-Kylington
27. TBL
  • Matthew Robertson | Need more defense prospects than forwards.
28. ANA via STL
  • Bobby Brink | Small but skilled forward added to the likes of Steel, Krebs, and Terry.
29. CAR
  • Jakob Pelletier | Diminutive forward adds dynamic skill to Aho, Teravainen, and Svechnikov.
30. BUF via SJ
  • Philip Tomasino | Highly skilled forward that could be the heartbeat of the team down the road.
31. BOS
  • Nolan Foote | Big, bruising, goal scoring winger is a typical Bruin

LAKings88

First round fodder
Dec 4, 2006
here or there
Yeah, just don’t think Byram drops that much. If Chicago and Colorado take Turcotte/Zegras for example, LA will run to the podium.

WILDTATE10

Jul 24, 2005
I'd be pissed if the Wild passed on Newhook and Boldy for defense. Wild Fans are pretty split on him but I would take the risk on Podz over a Dman also.

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
Soderstrom? I threw up a little. I'm getting flashbacks of drafting Ginning.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
MN has no defensive prospects of note? WTH do you think they have in terms of forwards? They have one of the strongest top 4's in the league, but have an anemic forward group, with the best ones coming to the rink in wheelchairs.

MN will not pass on a Boldy or Newhook. They desperately need young C's with offensive talent, and any forward who can score.

Reactions: Dominance

thelittlecoon

ELIAS PETTERSSON
Jun 19, 2017
Vancouver
In terms of prospects, I would say so
Not at all. Our best forward prospect is Tyler Madden, who is a great prospect but doesn’t have top line potential. Kole Lind could turn into a decent player but he had a poor season in Utica so it’s hard to give him a ceiling right now; my guess is third liner, second if everything goes right in his development from this point forward. Other than that who in our pipeline projects as impact players in the NHL? I don’t see anyone. We still need to build our forward depth just as much as our defense.

OilerSuperstar17

Oct 5, 2012
MN has no defensive prospects of note? WTH do you think they have in terms of forwards? They have one of the strongest top 4's in the league, but have an anemic forward group, with the best ones coming to the rink in wheelchairs.

MN will not pass on a Boldy or Newhook. They desperately need young C's with offensive talent, and any forward who can score.

Wild Prospects - Minnesota Wild - Team

Looking at their "in the system", their forwards are:
  • Bitten
  • Greenway
  • Kaprizov
  • McBain
  • Donato
  • Lodnia
  • Sokolov
  • Kunin
compared to:
  • F. Johansson
  • S. Johansson
  • Bouramman
  • Boka
They do need defensive prospects. Even on the NHL roster, Brodin and Dumba are the only one's "in their prime".

OilerSuperstar17

Oct 5, 2012
Not at all. Our best forward prospect is Tyler Madden, who is a great prospect but doesn’t have top line potential. Kole Lind could turn into a decent player but he had a poor season in Utica so it’s hard to give him a ceiling right now; my guess is third liner, second if everything goes right in his development from this point forward. Other than that who in our pipeline projects as impact players in the NHL? I don’t see anyone. We still need to build our forward depth just as much as our defense.

Every prospect doesn't need to be "impact". You guys have Pettersson, Boeser, Horvat as your impact players. There are strong prospects who can help:

Gaudette, Lind, Madden, Lockwood, Palmu, Gadjovich.

Broberg, Hughes, Juolevi, Woo is very strong core to work with on the back end

Reactions: Dominance

OilerSuperstar17

Oct 5, 2012
Your an idiot, David Poile taking a goalie in the first round would be a bone headed move. If he did that, he should be fired the second after he announces the pick

A lot of mock drafts have Knight going in the first round. Most scouts rank him in the first round too. It's not like it's a stretch.

thelittlecoon

ELIAS PETTERSSON
Jun 19, 2017
Vancouver
Every prospect doesn't need to be "impact". You guys have Pettersson, Boeser, Horvat as your impact players. There are strong prospects who can help:

Gaudette, Lind, Madden, Lockwood, Palmu, Gadjovich.

Broberg, Hughes, Juolevi, Woo is very strong core to work with on the back end
Gaudette isn’t a prospect anymore. Lockwood Palmu and Gadjovich are probably nothing more than AHL/NHL fodder, calling them strong prospects is wrong. None of them have shown anything special. I wouldn’t mind Broberg if our scouts loved him but we wouldn’t be doing it because of need.

Reactions: Canucks1096

cowgirlcath

Johnny Mony and Cathy
Jul 9, 2018
Calgary
Are you just trying to piss Calgary fans off with that pick? I don’t know how you can watch Vlasic and see a game worthy of a first round pick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad