My 2011 NHL Mock Draft

bretzky29ca*

Thoughts/Comments appreciated....

1.Edmonton Oilers-D Adam Larrson(Sweden)

2.Colorado Avalanche-F Jonathan Huberdeau(Saint John)

3.Florida Panthers- F Ryan Nugent-Hopkins(Red Deer)

4.New Jersey Devils- D Dougie Hamilton(New Jersey)

5.New York Islanders-F Mark McNeill(Prince Albert)

6.Ottawa Senators-F Sean Couturier(Drummondville)

7.Winnipeg-F Gabriel Landeskog(Kitchener)

8.Columbus Blue Jackets-D Ryan Murphy(Kitchener)

9.Boston Bruins-D Nathan Beaulieu(Saint John)

10.Minnesota Wild-F Mika Zibanejed(Sweden)

11.Colorado Avalanche-F Ryan Strome(Barrie)

12.Carolina Hurricanes-F Mark Scheifele(Barrie)

13.Calgary Flames-F Joel Armia(Finland)

14.Dallas Stars- D Oskar Klefblom(Sweden)

15.New York Rangers-F J.T Miller(USNDP)

16.Buffalo Sabres-F Matt Puempel(Peterborough)

17.Montreal Canadians-F Boone Jenner(Oshawa)

18.Chicago Blackhawks-F Sven Bartschl(Portland)

19.Edmonton Oilers- D Jonas Brodin(Sweden)

20.Phoenix Coyotes-D Jamieson Oleksiak(Sweden)

21.Ottawa Senators- F Zack Phillips(Saint John)

22.Anaheim Ducks- F Vladimir Namestnikov(London)

23.Pittsburgh Penguins- F Niklas Jensen(Oshawa)

24.Detroit Red Wings- F Shane Prince(Ottawa)

25.Toronto Maple Leafs- D Joe Morrow(Portland)

26.Washington Capitals- D Duncan Siemens(Saskatoon)

27.Tampa Bay Lightning-F Phillip Danault(Victoriaville)

28.San Jose Sharks- F Nick Shore(USNDP)

29.Toronto Maple Leafs- F Rikard Rakell(Sweden)

30.Vancouver Canucks- F Ty Rattie(Portland)

bretzky29ca*

Where do you have Tyler Biggs and Brandon Saad going?

Will post 2nd round mock at a later time,still doing revisions to it. At this current time, I tentatively have Biggs going #33, with Saad in all honestly slipping to the third round. Sense says he is going to be a BIG faller.

BluechipBulletin

Mar 22, 2011
www.bluechipbulletin.com
Will post 2nd round mock at a later time,still doing revisions to it. At this current time, I tentatively have Biggs going #33, with Saad in all honestly slipping to the third round. Sense says he is going to be a BIG faller.

Saad is a hard-working two-way forward with size and skill, who skates well, has the strength and skill to produce in traffic, and is impressive in interviews. He didn't dominate the OHL like people expected, but then again, he was stuck on the 2nd line and had to deal with McFarland after the deadline. It was an adjustment year for him, but he was a guy expected to challenge for the #1 spot before the season started.

He may very well drop, but it's ridiculous to suggest that he might drop to the 3rd.

I'm just wondering what your reasoning is behind this whole thing. It's a mock draft, so you obviously think that this is how the draft is going to go. So perhaps you should offer some explanation for why you have it going the way you do.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Saad is a hard-working two-way forward with size and skill, who skates well, has the strength and skill to produce in traffic, and is impressive in interviews. He didn't dominate the OHL like people expected, but then again, he was stuck on the 2nd line and had to deal with McFarland after the deadline. It was an adjustment year for him, but he was a guy expected to challenge for the #1 spot before the season started.

He may very well drop, but it's ridiculous to suggest that he might drop to the 3rd.

I'm just wondering what your reasoning is behind this whole thing. It's a mock draft, so you obviously think that this is how the draft is going to go. So perhaps you should offer some explanation for why you have it going the way you do.

Stopped reading there.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Siemens to Washington? Are you a Caps fan? If Siemens hasn't been picked by 22 Henry Samueli will have to make the pick because Bob Murray would have sh** his pants.

TheNudge

Aug 11, 2008
If Landeskog is available at 6th overall, Ottawa would grab him and pass on Couturier.
The funny thing I don't see these player's drop to much.

I don't find this mock draft realistic.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
If the Isles pick McNeill at 5, I'll probably rip my TV off the wall and toss it out the window.

I think he would be a great fit for what the Isles need.

As for the mock, not a fan. I like thinking outside of the box, but this is too off the wall.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
What the Isles need, is to take the BPA at 5.

Fair enough, but who's to say they don't think McNeill is BPA at that spot?

If so, I would hope they would look to trade back a few spots before picking him in the top 10...

WesternEliteHockeyPr

Mar 5, 2003
Visit site
Looks like the guy put a bunch of names in a hat and drew them out as such. Has anyone ever seen the "monkey predictions" on TSN for the playoff series etc. Looks like this is the same "monkey" making the mock draft today.

If Siemens falls to 26th overall, I'll eat my Blades jersey.:help:

Jester9881

May 16, 2006
Long Island NY
Fair enough, but who's to say they don't think McNeill is BPA at that spot?

If so, I would hope they would look to trade back a few spots before picking him in the top 10...

It's certainly possible. The Islanders have shown a willingness to trade back to get the guy they want, that's for sure. But, I think everyone pretty much has McNeill going in the 15-23 range..... that's an awfully big drop (or trade back) from 5th overall.

I'd say it's more likely that if they really like him, they will trade a couple of their second rounders to get back into the late first round and pick him. That's something else the Isles have shown a willingness to do.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad