My 2011 NHL Mock Draft (Top 30)

• Thread starter Vladimir Tarasenko*
  • Start date

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
LOL :laugh: WUT ? WHO ?

I know Lombardi drafts off the board sometimes but come on Really ? HOW the heck did you come up with THIS Pick ? :help:

Seriously ... I'm trying to figure out if the OP just hates the Kings, thinks Lombardi drafts that off the wall ... or knows something we don't? I can't understand that choice AT ALL? :huh: :dunno: there's no way I can see us making THAT Pick.

I'm quoting you if the Kings pick him.

Paulinho

No Man's Sky
Jun 8, 2003
Earth
medium.png

Gabriel Landeskog - LW - Kitchener (OHL)

Yes please.

Moulson Tavares Okposo
Landeskog Schremp El Nino
Bailey Nielsen Grabner

DapperDan

Bad Thoughts
May 26, 2008
place
Yes please.

Moulson Tavares Okposo
Bailey Nielsen Grabner

Granted I'm not an expert on the Islanders but it seems to me some of the positions might be off. For 2011 I'd do...

Moulson - Tavares - Okposo
Nino - Bailey - Grabner
Landeskog - Nielsen - Hunter
Comeau - Konopka - Parenteau

That'd be one hell of a young team. But the offense is there if they all click.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Moulson Tavares Okposo
Bailey Nielsen Grabner

Nothing against Schremp but I honestly hope in a year or two we will have no use for him. To me he is a player who will put up ok stats for the bulk of his career on subpar teams. Shame he can't play wing that well he might have some use then.

I personally think it's a mistake currently using Bailey(who I feel has better potential) on wing instead of him

Comeau - Konopka - Parenteau

Another guy who I don't really see(or hope is on) on the team for the long term

Last edited:

DapperDan

Bad Thoughts
May 26, 2008
place
Nothing against Schremp but I honestly hope in a year or two we will have no use for him. To me he is a player who will put up ok stats for the bulk of his career on subpar teams. Shame he can't play wing that well he might have some use then.

I personally think it's a mistake currently using Bailey(who I feel has better
potential) on wing instead of him

Another guy who I don't really see on the team for the long term

Agreed in all respects. Only placed Parenteau there as a filler really. That 4th line could do with another gritty player who can be had in free agency if I were calling the shots.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
That 4th line could do with another gritty player who can be had in free agency if I were calling the shots.

Matt Martin fits the bill for 4th line plugger

As it stands now I would take Parenteau over Schremp because while I do think you can fill the spot better(first line RW) I do think Parenteau does serve a purpose as a decent PP guy while Schremp is taking a spot that really needs to be upgraded(2nd line center)

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
If the Islanders aren't going to use Landeskog in the top 6 next year if they draft him they better send him back...

And Landeskog plays both LW and RW so it doesn't matter what wing he is on. Hes a natural RW but hes just as comfortable on the left side.

Guy

Feb 14, 2008
You can bet the farm that the Canes won't be taking a D-man in the 1st round.

Confound

Vindication
Oct 28, 2010
Maine
The Bruins will most likely go with a defense man with Toronto's pick, as we have plenty of forwards and Rask.

BenchedGuy

Nov 26, 2009
Kitchener
Good list. I think you have a lot of rankings in the right place.

For those comments about Rieder, yes I agree he is a little high. One thing to keep in mind is that this is his first year adjusting to the NA style of game. I see him regularily and his game is transistioning well. I see him being a mid 2nd in the draft, but at this time next year I wouldn't be surprised if he was considered one of the steals of the draft at the rate he is progressing.

I wouldnt also be surprised to see Daniel Catenacci fall to the 2nd round as well. He does have talent and plays on a rebuilding Soo team but I dont see the heart and drive in him all the time. I think that may affect his ranking.

bberry

Nov 16, 2010
Very good list but what a bad draft. I would trade my 10 overall pick this year for next years 20th overall pick and buy you a drink in the process.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Very good list but what a bad draft. I would trade my 10 overall pick this year for next years 20th overall pick and buy you a drink in the process.

I don't think it's a "bad" draft.

But I do think your trade idea actually makes some sense. 2012 looks AMAZING.

vwg*

Nov 16, 2005
Krasnoyarsk
You can bet the farm that the Canes won't be taking a D-man in the 1st round.
Not completely true. Rutherford stated he tried trading back into the 1st last year to get Fowler or Gormley. JR does typically stay away from defenseman, but he will select one if he knows they are BPA and fill an organizational need.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
I wouldn't trade Strome (going by this mock draft) for #20 in 2012, even though that draft does look great.

He didn't say Strome, he said the 10th pick. But I do get your point...and that's fine.

Vladimir Tarasenko*

I don't think it's a "bad" draft.

But I do think your trade idea actually makes some sense. 2012 looks AMAZING.

As a Leaf fan I'm glad the 2012 draft looks like a good one. But with our luck we'll either

1. Trade the pick away:help:
2. Bust

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->