My 2011 NHL Mock Draft (Top 30)

• Thread starter Vladimir Tarasenko*
  • Start date

Vladimir Tarasenko*

LOL :laugh: WUT ? WHO ?

I know Lombardi drafts off the board sometimes but come on Really ? HOW the heck did you come up with THIS Pick ? :help:

Seriously ... I'm trying to figure out if the OP just hates the Kings, thinks Lombardi drafts that off the wall ... or knows something we don't? I can't understand that choice AT ALL? :huh: :dunno: there's no way I can see us making THAT Pick.

I think Rieder is really underrated. Great hands and a nice shot, I think he would be a good fit with Kopitar in the future.

here are some videos...

I think it'll take a while for him though to develop into the NHL game, but I truly see him being a 30+ goal scorer in the NHL. (especially along side Kopitar)

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
I disagree. I think there is almost no chance they would take Murphy over Dougie Hamilton.

Hamilton is way bigger, younger, and his scoring isn't too too far off Murphy's pace.

I bet you their list goes:

Landeskog
Couturier
Larsson
Hamilton

Yes his scoing is far off Murphys pace...

Dougie Hamilton 9 Gls 34 Asts 44 Pts 46 Games .95 PPG
Ryan Murphy 18 Gls 40 Asts 58 Pts 44 Games 1.32 PPG

Its about a 30 point diffrence if strectched over a full 68 game schedule. Which is huge for defensemen.And you can't argue Kitcheners more offensively gifted then Niagra because they're about even, with Kitchener worse the past month and a half missing our top goal scorer.

And 2 months 20 days or so younger means something to you? Age means almost nothing for if both players are in their first year of elligibility, and it does mean nothing if they're not even 3 months apart.

Hes bigger I give you that, its your opinion but there is definitely a good chance Murphy goes above Hamilton, when people say "almost no chance" they're acting like if it happens its a reach.

Boston needs a top end PMD, and Dougie Hamilton is definitely not as talented as Murphy offensively.

Last edited:

Pengo

Jan 27, 2011
Buffalo would most likely take Strome if your #1 - #6 is right.

They might even try to trade up.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
I don't see the Rangers making a "safe" pick. I see them making a much higher risk pick, like a Grimaldi or a Khohklachev(or however the hell you spell it).

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver
I'm not a Flames fan but I'd honestly like to see Ty Rattie go to the Flames. He's from Airdrie so I'm sure he'd be thrilled.

But if Strome is available when they pick I'd take him of course, but I doubt Strome makes it that far.

Trunz05

Dec 2, 2010
Burkie seems to think that Germany is going to start producing more nhlers so if he available I bet we take him

BIG BLUE

Apr 4, 2009
Toronto
I would be THRILLED if he fell to the Leafs in the 2nd round and we picked him

I don't see it. Someone ranked slightly higher will fall a few spots (they always do), so in a perfect world it would be someone like Lessio :naughty:

but atm I'd prefer Colin Jacobs or even Vince Trochek over Rieder...

Luckily Dave Morrison sees tons of OHL hockey so I know we'll make a good call with that pick regardless.

Puck U

2012 SC CHAMPIONS !
Aug 2, 2005
Apple Valley, CA.
I think Rieder is really underrated. Great hands and a nice shot, I think he would be a good fit with Kopitar in the future.
I think it'll take a while for him though to develop into the NHL game, but I truly see him being a 30+ goal scorer in the NHL. (especially along side Kopitar)

Sorry, but still seems like a pick from out in left field, there are about 6 other guys I'd rather see the Kings take in the mid range (10-20) pick in the 1st round, and I don't think your dark horse will go until the late 2nd or even 3rd round. His stock has been falling off not rising, so he could drop even lower.

Also 30+ goals is something very few and far between players EVER achieve, I don't see your boy here being anything special enough to get there, compared to some other players in this draft, (Matt Puempel, Shane Prince, Ty Rattie, Stefan Noesen, Mark McNeill, Nicklas Jensen or Lucas Lessio are guys I'd take over Tobias Rieder).
Not trying to disrespect your opinion mind you, just expressing mine. :)

CandiedBacon

Seguin and Hamilton
Sep 2, 2010
EpicMealTime
medium.png

Tobias Rieder - LW - Kitchener (OHL)

medium.png

David Musil - D - Vancouver (WHL)

Bolded the two that were most out of place in my mind. I don't think Rieder will be a first rounder and maybe not even a second rounder. Also, there's no way Musil goes before Beaulieu and Siemens

Kesselisboss

Mar 19, 2010
Ive known Murphy and Catnacci for a very long time. Both have the ability to be stars in the NHL. Unfortunately they are completely different ways. Murphy is a great guy, quality person and is that good attitude all the time. Catnacci is the biggest A$$hole i've ever met in my entire life. My god, i sweat his ego...which is rediculous will be the death of him as a player.

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
Bolded the two that were most out of place in my mind. I don't think Rieder will be a first rounder and maybe not even a second rounder. Also, there's no way Musil goes before Beaulieu and Siemens

No chance Rieder falls out of the second round.

Ive known Murphy and Catnacci for a very long time. Both have the ability to be stars in the NHL. Unfortunately they are completely different ways. Murphy is a great guy, quality person and is that good attitude all the time. Catnacci is the biggest A$$hole i've ever met in my entire life. My god, i sweat his ego...which is rediculous will be the death of him as a player.

His brothers not like that at all though, weird two siblings can be diffrent like that.0

Unless Michael Catenacci isn't his brother (I'm positive he is though). They look the same and the Sportsnet annoucers said it almost every time either of them touched the puck when the Greyhounds played Kitchener last week

Vladimir Tarasenko*

Well if Rieder falls out of the 2nd that is going to be a huge steal for whatever team picks him up, mark my words.

And I think Musil would be a good fit in Carolina. If Pitkanen re-signs:

Pitkanen - Musil
McBain - Gleason
Dumoulin - White

If Pitkanen doesn't re-sign:

McBain - Musil
Dumoulin - Gleason
White - ????

Young corp but good potential.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com

He won't be a Ranger, then. They value character above all, especially when picking in the 1st round.

Kesselisboss

Mar 19, 2010
No chance Rieder falls out of the second round.

His brothers not like that at all though, weird two siblings can be diffrent like that.0

Unless Michael Catenacci isn't his brother (I'm positive he is though). They look the same and the Sportsnet annoucers said it almost every time either of them touched the puck when the Greyhounds played Kitchener last week

Yeahh Mikes a good guy. Great guy even. Too bad the bad brother got the better talent. I could see Burke's big ego trading his 2nd into the 1st round for him... and then our team would be the biggest head case in the league.....uggh lol.

But seriously. Catnacci has the biggest ego out of any person ive met in my entire life.

0123456789*

Good list.
Here are my disagreements though.
-Ambroz will not go in the first round, he wont even go in the second round and imo he will fall very far.
-Im not a expert on Rieder but what I have seen and heard im having a hard time seeing how he is a first round pick.
-Jaskin is getting more and more praise and the opinion is starting to be that he is a much better prospect then Armia and Rask. Its looking like he will be a player going ahead of these two and in the top 15.
--Regarding other posters about Musil, this guy is still very under rated and if I had the choice I would pick him as the second dman in this draft.

TYayo

Sep 10, 2009
You have to win your league before you play in the mem cup.

Haha 41-5-1-2 8 Points better than 2nd place Montreal with 2 less games played
22 more goals than the 2nd most scoring team in the Q
9 Less goals against then the 2nd least ..
undefeated at home in regulation this year...see you in Mississauga

PS No way Jurco does not go 1st round would even rank him higher than Phillips who you have at 20 (Phillips gets to play on Hubs wing which really can't hurt in the stats department..)

http://www.saintjohnseadogs.com/article/tomas-jurco-a-premiere-talent

Last edited:

Puck U

2012 SC CHAMPIONS !
Aug 2, 2005
Apple Valley, CA.
a lot of hype about Puempel. Is it valid?

NO ... you're team should not draft him ... stay far far away from him, don't even look at him, if you had him on your list cross him off and then burn the list ... and then let us pick him :) ;)

It's always hard to say, but he has a great attitude, works hard, is putting up great #'s on a BAD team even though he's a year or two younger than most on said team. Doubt he'll ever be an NHL superstar, but he's the type of kid everybody would like to pick up at some point on their roster.

ohlguy

Oct 18, 2010
Oshawa
I know nothing about Catenacci. Can anyone tell me about him?

I've been raving about this kid all year. He's playing by himself on a very weak Soo Greyhound team and NHL scouts know this. I've talked to a few of them who believe he will go in the top 15. Central Scouting has him lower on their list only because he is Jeff Skinner's size and we all know how that turned out. Cat the fastest skater in this draft, we saw an example of his speed at the CHL prospect game and skills competition. He's also very skilled, plays with an edge and can play in any situation. Along with Landeskog he's the most complete player in this draft. He is strong and polished enough to be one of the few 18 year olds to crack an NHL line-up next season.

I would tweek it a little but this is a very good list!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad