My 2011 1st Round Draft

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Coming from the guy who tries to make every single thread he is involved in about Ryan Strome!

It's funny that this was brought up again. I've talked about two threads in this place involving Ryan Strome, and now you guys bring him up in every topic I post in. Seems kind of backwards as to what you're inferring.

yanokovich

May 31, 2008
Montreal
RNH might not even be taken top 5. Honestly he's incredibly over-rated on this board it's insane. He's a great talent, but seriously.

If RNH is not taking in the top 5.I'm going the swim the St-Lawrence river from Montreal to Quebec city in january,period!

flamebird

Jul 28, 2007
1-EDM-Larsson-best available player, defense needed
2-NYI-Landeskog-solid 2 way forward, complements the Isles forward pool
3-OTT-Nugent-Hopkins-player with the highest offesive ceiling, ottawa needs scoring
4-NJD-Murphy-best offensive d-man in the draft, NJD needs a solid defensive prospect
5-BOS-Hamilton-miniature version of Chara, forwards not needed

6-FLA-Couturier-best available player at this pick
7-BUF-Strome-high offensive ceiling, top 6 forward needed on buffalo
8-STL-Saad-much needed winger on a STL team stacked down the middle
9-CBJ-Siemens-best available defenseman on a team that needs one
10-COL-Biggs-solid power-forward, Colorado has no wing prospects

11-ATL-Huberdeau-high scoring centre man, adds depth down the middle
12-CAR-Armia-much needed winger, high scoring potential
13-CHI-Beaulieu-adds to defense depth
14-CAL-Puempel-goal scoring needed on calgary,
15-MIN-Musil-solid shutdown defenseman

16-LAK-Rattie-high offensive winger, LA doesnt need any C's or Dmen
17-PHX-Bartschi-solid offensive player
18-NYR-Rask-[Bias Pick] - have only watched highlights
19-ANA-Brodin-[Bias Pick] - highest rated defense man left, could help the ANA blueline
20-SJS-Mayfield- the next highest rated Dman, SJS could use another Dman

21-NSH-Zibanejad-highly offensive forward, could help NSH down the middle
22-MTL-Scheifele-Big solid Centre man with good offensive potential
23-DAL-Rakell-good offensive player, adds depth to the wings
24-BOS-Grimaldi-high risk, high-reward player, BOS can afford to take a chance
25-WSH-Namestnikov-Dropped to WSH because he's russian, WSH doesn't hesitate to select him

26-DET-Khoklachev-another player dropped because of russian factor, DET also doesn't hesitate to select this player
27-TBL-Scarlett-steady defense man, TB goes off the board with this pick
28-PIT-Morrow- adds depth to the PIT blueline
29-PHI-Jenner- typical PHI style player, has decent offensive abilities
30-VAN-Lessio-big gifted winger, complements the abundant skilled center men

*NOTE-teams that are bolded are teams that i feel have a high chance of trading their picks either up or down to suit the team needs.

Last edited:

flamebird

Jul 28, 2007
RNH might not even be taken top 5. Honestly he's incredibly over-rated on this board it's insane. He's a great talent, but seriously.

watch him play live, and if you still have the same opinion, never attempt to scout.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
4-NJD-Murphy-best offensive d-man in the draft, NJD needs a solid defensive prospect

I would hope the Devils wouldn't draft for a need, especially if Murphy is 2+ years away from making an NHL impact. You can address needs more quickly through signings and trades. If Couturier (of any of the perceived top tier of four) is still on board, I would think the Devils would still take him and sort it out later.

We're cautiously optimistic that Jon Merrill can develop into a PP QB in a few years. I'd love to add another offensive minded D--right handed like Murphy/Hamilton would be great--but I wouldn't bypass a higher rated forward.

flamebird

Jul 28, 2007
i think he can make an impact as an 18 year old, he can skate, shoot and make plays at the next level, the questions about his size and being able to compete physically will be determined with time. Up front, Zajac, Parise, Kovalchuck, Tedenby, Josefson, and a revamped Elias can carry the team for some years to come, couturier would be a pick up as they would get a younger high end prospect, drafting for a need is not a bad choice also, and murphy IMO will have a better impact/career(i realize theyre only 18) than couturier

The Hulk

Dec 22, 2010
Huberdeau plays wing. He has played centre a couple times this year but is almost always a winger (Philips is his centre)

R S

Sep 18, 2006

On this board?

If you think he's overrated, you are going against basically EVERY scouting agency out there.

The guy is ranked in the top 5, top 3 and top 2 by pretty much EVERYONE out there that is "in the know".

So no, it's not just on this board that he is "being overrated".

You are clueless.

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
13-CHI-Beaulieu-adds to defense depth

Have you seen Chicago's depth on the blueline?

Leddy
Olsen
Lalonde
Vishnevskiy

--

With Holl and Johns down the road.

Personally I have Jonathan Miller, Mika Zibanejad, Vicktor Rask, Vadislav Namestnikov on my Hawks wishlist for possible 1st rounders. Obviously if someone like Huberdeau or Murphy falls down then I'd be all over them aswell.

The Hawks D depth is really strong going forward, outside of Brandon Pirri and Marcus Kruger as possible 2nd line centres going forward.

SDig14

Feb 19, 2010
Edmonton, AB
On this board?

If you think he's overrated, you are going against basically EVERY scouting agency out there.

The guy is ranked in the top 5, top 3 and top 2 by pretty much EVERYONE out there that is "in the know".

So no, it's
not just on this board that he is "being overrated".

You are clueless.

Do you not have anything else to do? Every time I see an opportunity to correct a rnh epic fail you have already responded and make me feel useless lol...glad you're on the case though

YARR123

Oct 30, 2010
15-MIN-Musil-solid shutdown defenseman

Would Minnesota pick another defense-first prospect in the first round? Their prospect pool is pretty weak on scoring forwards, so one would think they want a player with high scoring upside

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Honestly, even if the Flyers get a real late 1st rounder, I can't wait to see who they pick. Especially if they can get a talented RW or PMD in the process.

flamebird

Jul 28, 2007
Would Minnesota pick another defense-first prospect in the first round? Their prospect pool is pretty weak on scoring forwards, so one would think they want a player with high scoring upside

minnestoa needs help in all skater positions

Have you seen Chicago's depth on the blueline?

Leddy
Olsen
Lalonde
Vishnevskiy

--

With Holl and Johns down the road.

Personally I have Jonathan Miller, Mika Zibanejad, Vicktor Rask, Vadislav Namestnikov on my Hawks wishlist for possible 1st rounders. Obviously if someone like Huberdeau or Murphy falls down then I'd be all over them aswell.

The Hawks D depth is really strong going forward, outside of Brandon Pirri and Marcus Kruger as possible 2nd line centres going

good point, i could see them go with a forward, most likely a winger with good offensive skills, someone along the lines of a Puempel or Rattie at the 13th pick

yanokovich

May 31, 2008
Montreal
minnestoa needs help in all skater positions

good point, i could see them go with a forward, most likely a winger with good offensive skills, someone along the lines of a Puempel or Rattie at the 13th pick

Rattie is my prediction for Chicago,perfect fit.

oilsands

dirty oil, comin 4 u
Jul 6, 2007
Halland
RNH has played 53 games and scored 80 points. He is on pace for a 108 point season. That's Hall/Stamkos/Seguin range.

Looking at the stats on Dmen picked in the top 3 has me scared. Rarely have they covered their bets (based on draft position). That makes me lean, as an Oilers fan, to picking Couturier or RNH. Before I had a slight preference to Couturier, but I must admit the RNH hype is getting me.

Analyzer*

Mika Zibanejad

Isn't he another "safe" pick ?

Or did you put the habs taking him to just to hear Brunet **** up his name ?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad