26-Detroit: Rickard Rakell RW 6'1 185 Plymouth OHL SWE
27-Tampa Bay: Scott Mayfield D 6'3 175 Youngstown USHL USA
28-Pittsburgh: Luca Lessio LW 6'1 200 Oshawa OHL CAN
29-Philadelphia: Dmitrij Jaskin RW 6'1 196 HC Slava Praha CZE
30-Vancouver: Nicklas D. Jensen LW 6'3 186 Oshawa OHL DEN

Last edited:

torontosports10

Mar 6, 2009
Cant see Rask going that high. Jurco is on fire lately, 7 goals in last 3 games, 9 pts in them overall. Based on skills alone I think he is a top 30 player.

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
Standing February 5 2011

1-Edmonton: Adam Larsson D 6'3 220 Skelleftea Elitserien SWE
2-Ny Islanders: Gabriel Landeskog RW 6'0 201 Kitchener OHL SWE
3-New Jersey:Sean Couturier C 6'3 192 Drummondville QMJHL CAN
4-Ottawa: Ryan Nugent-Hopkins C 6'0 157 Red Deer WHL CAN

5-Boston: Ryan Murphy D 5'10 165 Kitchener OHL CAN
6-Buffalo: Jonathan Huberdeau C 6'1 159 Saint John QMJHL CAN
7-Florida: Ryan Strome C 5'11 170 Niagara OHL CAN
8-Columbus: Dougie Hamilton D 6'3 181 Niagara OHL CAN
9-St-Louis: Duncan Siemens D 6'3 194 Saskatoon WHL CAN
10-Carolina: Tyler Biggs RW 6'2 207 USNTDP USHL USA
11-Colorado: Nathan Beaulieu D 6'0 165 Saint John QMJHL
12-Atlanta: Brandon Saad LW 6'1 196 Saginaw OHL USA
13-Calgary: Joel Armia RW 6'3 187 Assat SM-liiga FIN
14-Los Angeles: Sven Bartschi LW 5'10 174 Portland WHL SWI
15-Chicago: Victor Rask C 6'2 194 Leksand Elitserien SWE
16-Phoenix: Ty Rattie RW 6'0 165 Portland WHL CAN
17-Minnesota: Matt Puempel LW 6'0 190 Peterborough OHL CAN
18-Anaheim: Mark MacNeill C 6'0 185 Prince Albert WHL CAN
19-San Jose: Jamie Oleksiak D 6'5 205 Northeastern Univ. NCAA CAN
20-Nashville: Mark Scheifele C 6'3 174 Barrie OHL CAN
21-Ny Rangers: David Musil D 6'3 203 Vancouver WHL CZE
22-Montreal: Mika Zibanejad C 6'2 192 Djurgarden Elitserien SWE
23-Dallas: Myles Bell D 6'0 172 Regina WHL CAN
24-Washington: Jonas Brodin D 6'1 172 Farjestad Elitserien SWE
25-Boston: Adam Clendening D 5'11 190 Boston Univ. NCAA USA
26-Detroit: Rickard Rakell RW 6'0 185 Plymouth OHL SWE
27-Tampa Bay: Scott Mayfield D 6'4 201 Youngstown USHL USA
28-Pittsburgh: Luca Lessio LW 6'1 187 Oshawa OHL CAN
29-Philadelphia: Dmitrij Jaskin RW 6'1 196 HC Slava Praha CZE
30-Vancouver: Nicklas D. Jensen LW 6'3 187 Oshawa OHL DEN

Changed a couple things. Assuming it is this order, no way Edmonton passes on Larssen.

And then if Rask is still avalible I think the Hawks would take him, they lack centre depth and if they aren't taking a goalie in the first round they'll take a centre, imo.

Halak Ness Monster

Nov 11, 2010
St. Louis, MO
I like Duncan Siemens to the Blues.

Most people would think that St. Louis needs a forward but we did just take Vladimir Tarasenko and Jaden Schwartz in the top 16 last year. Plus Phil McRae looks to be a solid 2nd-3rd line forward at Peoria.

When you look at our defense you see Pietrangelo, Johnson, Polak and Cole as a great core for the future. But Cole is the only lefty shot of the group and he has a history of concussions.

The Blues biggest need is a legit top line, 30-40 goal forward but they can't expect to find one where they will end up picking in this draft.
A top 4, lefty shooting, tough defenseman that can replace Barret Jackman in 3-4 years is probably the second biggest need in their system as of right now.

And just so we aren't talking drafting for need, I think Siemens is the BPA at the Blues pick in this mock draft.

Pulkkinen

Elias Lindholm.
Apr 19, 2010
Barcelona.
twitter.com
I like a lot Beaulieu to Colorado, but if Saad is still on the board, maybe this will be a better choice for the Avalanche. They need some help on the Forward and the LW position is a weakness at the organization. But Beaulieu can be a good pick for the system, knowing that Elliot and Barrie will promote the next year. Also Mayfield is a good option too. Physical presence, leadership, and a good fit for another "offensive-minded" players at the same position.

ian09

Dec 6, 2010
Canada
Changed a couple things. Assuming it is this order, no way Edmonton passes on Larssen.

And then if Rask is still avalible I think the Hawks would take him, they lack centre depth and if they aren't taking a goalie in the first round they'll take a centre, imo.

for RNH it may be possible, 23 points in 7 previous games

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011

I really don't think it is. Edmonton's prospect pool on D is very depressing for a team that's rebuilding. If they get the oppurtunity to select Larssen and pass then that's going to be a huge mistake.

What they should do is make a trade for a mid round 1st and take 2 D men. They're doing the opposite of Chicago in terms of the rebuild. Chicago built it's defence first and then drafted the forwards, but by the time the forwards were drafted the D was already pretty established.

Halak Ness Monster

Nov 11, 2010
St. Louis, MO
I wouldn't have Beaulieu, Biggs, or Rask that high, but solid list.

I think once the draft moves out of the top 9 you are going to see some surprises.

Colorado took Joey Hishon in a spot nobody thought he'd go at last year. They could surprise again this year. Beaulieu is a guy with pretty good offensive skills and Colorado might place a high value on that.

Biggs seems to have some helium and there really isn't anything unattractive about a power forward that can skate well. All it takes is one team that sees him developing solid offensive skills.

And Rask is 10th in the latest ISS and has often been rated fairly highly.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
nitpicking here, but based on the way the draft picks are seeded, Atlanta would be picking 15th, not 12th. The non-playoff teams are the ones with the first 14 picks regardless of if teams from the other conference have more points. Might not change anything about who you have picking who, might change a lot.

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
Id def have Beaulieu there. That would be a solid pick for colorado. Rask will not go that early. nor biggs

Ehh, from what I've seen of Beaulieu (Granted its only a few games) I don't think he should even be a first rounder. And from a couple Q posters who've watched him more then me they said he wasn't even the best Quebec defensemen, that Ouellet is and Beaulieu is overrated.

For defensemen in this draft, I wouldn't personally have him in the top 10.

1. Adam Larsson
2. Ryan Murphy
3. Duncan Siemens
4. Dougie Hamilton
5. David Musil
6. Jamie Oleksiak
7. Joe Morrow
8. Scott Mayfield
9. Jonas Brodin
10. Xavier Ouellet

All who I think will got in the first round this year.

Diffrence in opinons are acceptable though.

YZ77

Aug 13, 2010
I'm so happy for the Sens free fall this year. OP's 1 through 4 are solid, and with a just-about guaranteed top-4 pic, the Sens will definitely get a boost to their re-build.

Reactions: LeProspector

Minister of Offence

Oct 2, 2009
www.chadhargrove.com
When,you have the best Playmaker,since Crosby,you take him.

And frankly,i am maybe alone to think that,but RNH is a Top End Talent a la Stamkos,Tavares and Hall.

Certainly could be. If he doesn't stall at 170-175 pounds he's going to be a star center. The only reason there is risk in RNH is because you can't be certain he will ever be "big enough". If RNH played in the O there would be a hell of a lot more focus and hype.

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton

No it won't.

We need that franchise Dman. No offence to RNH , I'm a fan of his, but Larsson is on another level IMO.

Passing on a guy who is said to be better than Lidstrom (at his age), is really, really hard to pass up on.

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011

And frankly,i am maybe alone to think that,but RNH is a Top End Talent a la Stamkos,Tavares and Hall.

What are you talking about? Crosby destroyed the QMJHL, RNH looks like he's on pace for about 80-90 points.

I know it's not all about the points in Junior, but still, even Kane dominated the OHL.

RNH isn't the best playmaker since Crosby, he's not even at the level Kane was at when he was drafted.

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON
What are you talking about? Crosby destroyed the QMJHL, RNH looks like he's on pace for about 80-90 points.

I know it's not all about the points in Junior, but still, even Kane dominated the OHL.

RNH isn't the best playmaker since Crosby, he's not even at the level Kane was at when he was drafted.

It's hard to explain if you don't watch RNH, but he has been extremely impressive this whole season — even if his point totals haven't been. The last 7 games though, he's finally racking up the points to match the kind of skill he was showing throughout the year.

This is coming from someone who was not particularly high on him coming into the season and through the first 10 games or so... As was mentioned, 23 points in the last 7 games.

Pick Six

@Lafortune_FC
Jan 1, 2009
Mississauga

No. Backstrom, Kane, Gagner, Tavares etc. were all much better playmakers at the junior level, as well as a few I'm sure I'm missing.

Certainly could be. If he doesn't stall at 170-175 pounds he's going to be a star center. The only reason there is risk in RNH is because you can't be certain he will ever be "big enough". If RNH played in the O there would be a hell of a lot more focus and hype.

Not that there wouldn't be more hype, because there very well could be (bigger population etc.). But RNH certainly gets a good amount of hype around these boards. Just look at the post I just quoted, the RNH = Duchene thread, all the little kids saying the reason Canada lost the WJC was because of no RNH etc.

Lastly, it's tough to say he'd get more hype because look at a guy like Ryan Strome who is putting up similar numbers (2nd in OHL scoring, RNH is 3rd in WHL), ranked highly by Mackenzie (scouts), Redline and less so ISS. But he goes under the radar around here for some reason. He's a great talent don't get me wrong, but he doesn't lack hype.

EDIT: Also, not sure where the OP got the heights and weights, but the OHL website (though I don't always trust it) has Strome as 6'1 183, and Hamilton at 6'4 193.

yanokovich

May 31, 2008
Montreal
EDIT: Also, not sure where the OP got the heights and weights, but the OHL website (though I don't always trust it) has Strome as 6'1 183, and Hamilton at 6'4 193.[/QUOTE]

Elitepropect

NJD1982

Mar 31, 2007

I can't see us taking Couturier if Nugent-Hopkins is still on the board.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad