Phoenix*-Luca :eek::eek::eek::eek:i LW
Vancouver-Eric Doyle D
Edmonton*-Oscar Moller RW
St Louis*-Michal Repik RW
Detroit-John Blum D
Washington*-Kevin Shattenkirk D
Philadelphia*-Mike Hoeffel C

OilerOlli*

Could live with Petrecki, Mayorov and Möller for the Oil.

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
turris is way to low and katic is to high. he is kind of a question mark right now could go anywhere from 20-100. no one knows. other then that your list looks pretty solid. good job!!

TrueNucker

Jul 27, 2006
The last thing that the Canucks need is another defenseman prospect. We already have Luc Bourdon, Alex Edler, Daniel Rahimi, and Kirill Koltsov.

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
The last thing that the Canucks need is another defenseman prospect. We already have Luc Bourdon, Alex Edler, Daniel Rahimi, and Kirill Koltsov.

Same thing with the Rangers. They do not need another defensive prospect with Tyutin, Girardi, Staal, Sauer, Baranka, Sangunietti, and Pock.

habs91

Jun 1, 2006
Same thing with the Rangers. They do not need another defensive prospect with Tyutin, Girardi, Staal, Sauer, Baranka, Sangunietti, and Pock.

But the last thing they need is another offensive prospect, a centre especially.

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
But the last thing they need is another offensive prospect, a centre especially.

They need a center with 1st line upside. They are stacked with 2nd, 3rd, and 4th line centers (Dubinsky, Ansimov [Who is the only center prospect that has some 1st line upside imo], Pyatt, Immonen, Olver, Dupont, Russell, etc). I think they could use a RW with first line potential as well. Bourret has that potential, but I see him more as a 2nd line player. Callahan has showed some promise as well. Jessiman has picked it up in the last few weeks which is a good sign, but at this point I do not see him being more than a 3rd liner who can bang and put in 10 + goals a season. Greg Moore should be a solid 3rd or 4th line RW'er as well.

I think the Rangers should use their 2nd round pick on a goalie though. Cann or Smith should be available in the 2nd round. The Rangers might have to try to move up to grab him because they more than likely will not be available when the Rangers will be picking imo. Lundqvist has been on fire the past few months and Montoya has been playing amazing in Hartford this season as well, but it can never hurt to have another solid goalie prospect in the system. As Rangers fans, we all saw what happened to Richter and Blackburn.

I think the Rangers priority going into the draft should be:

Potential #1 Center
Potential #1 Right Winger
Solid goaltender with starter upside (Cann/Smith)
Two-way D-man
Depth Left Winger

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad