My 1979 Honda Accord (stop posting your cars, nobody cares)

FinHockey

Sex Metal Barbie
Nov 10, 2009
Finland
JpAeYBU.jpg

I used to think a car was just a way of getting from point A to point B and on weekends point C. But that was the old me. That man died the moment I laid eyes on the 1979 Honda Accord.

WarriorOfGandhi

Was saying Boo-urns
Jul 31, 2007
Denver, CO
I've always admired car owners, and I hope to be one myself as soon as I finish paying off mother. She insists I pay her retroactively for the food I ate as a child.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
This Accord is a beauty. I always had a soft spot for vintage 60-80's cars.

I owned a fair share of XJ Cherokees before. Love the 80's.

FinHockey

Sex Metal Barbie
Nov 10, 2009
Finland
Holy jumping Caesar's catfish! My "H'"has been stolen! Oh! That's how people know it's a Honda! What's the point of having a Honda if you can't show it off?

WarriorOfGandhi

Was saying Boo-urns
Jul 31, 2007
Denver, CO
You think this stolen H is a laugh riot! Well, I'll tell you something that's not so funny: right now FinHockey is at home crying like a little girl!

Flukeshot

Briere Activate!
Sponsor
Feb 19, 2004
Brampton, Ont
2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimted Sport, great family vehicle, the boys love it. My amazing wife actually agreed to buy this thing while awaiting our 2nd baby rather than looking at mini vans.

Plural

Mar 10, 2011

Nice stuff. My fiancee is actually hell bent on getting a Jeep. I have no idea why, but she really wants one as a summer car. Not for heavy off-road stuff (we have Valmet tractors for it :naughty: ) but to cruise around.

I've been able to hold her off so far, but it's a losing battle. :laugh:

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Nice stuff. My fiancee is actually hell bent on getting a Jeep. I have no idea why, but she really wants one as a summer car. Not for heavy off-road stuff (we have Valmet tractors for it :naughty: ) but to cruise around.

I've been able to hold her off so far, but it's a losing battle. :laugh:

Great car if you dont mind the astronomous gas mileage. (Like think of the worst you can imagine and multiply times three, thats the fuel uneconomy.)

Also fun if you want to haul light loads.

Waiting for the 2018 diesel engine might be your best bet. Inline four banger also.

(The pentastar V6 makes 300 hp but its so heavy and has bad aerodynamics, so what ever might as well cram the worst engine power wise in there.)..also if youre looking for something comfortable, look away.

Build quality also sucks pretty hard.

But its a jeep thing and I wouldnt trade it for most of the other vehicules on the road, even if i know it might be the stupidest vehicule on the road save supercars and the likes.

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
Great car if you dont mind the astronomous gas mileage. (Like think of the worst you can imagine and multiply times three, thats the fuel uneconomy.)

Also fun if you want to haul light loads.

Waiting for the 2018 diesel engine might be your best bet. Inline four banger also.

(The pentastar V6 makes 300 hp but its so heavy and has bad aerodynamics, so what ever might as well cram the worst engine power wise in there.)..also if youre looking for something comfortable, look away.

Build quality also sucks pretty hard.

But its a jeep thing and I wouldnt trade it for most of the other vehicules on the road, even if i know it might be the stupidest vehicule on the road save supercars and the likes.

Fuel is non-issue cause the mileage will be trivial. I don't know basically anything about Jeep development schedule but if they're introducing a new diesel in 2018 then that's definitely worth the wait. No matter what, it'll be diesel. That's where I'll put my foot down. You just can't beat diesel engine with gas.

Our use for it will be basically just to drive it in the off hot hot summer days Finnish summer gets and to commute between my fiancees parents to our summer cabin (which is less than a mile but it's not really a road). I kind of like the idea of having a vehicle that doesn't shy away from the journey when it becomes less than a road.

The biggest issue I have is the lack of proper maintenance options. If you get a Toyota Hilux you can just opt for the local guy to take care. But Jeep is basically non-existent in the area we would be using it. If it breaks, I don't know where I can take it. My father in-law is really good at fixing vehicles but I'm not sure if I'm comfortable letting him do his patents in new car.

Then again, they look superb. You don't get the looks when buying a Nissan or Toyota.

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
Kia Optima

Thanks. It just confirms my previous opinion, Kia Optima is the kind of car you see everywhere but rarely pay attention to. And it's not because of the brand. I'm not dismissing the car or the manufacturer. It's just that they build car's that "look like what car's should look like but not really looking like anything". Safe and probably a good option.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Thanks. It just confirms my previous opinion, Kia Optima is the kind of car you see everywhere but rarely pay attention to. And it's not because of the brand. I'm not dismissing the car or the manufacturer. It's just that they build car's that "look like what car's should look like but not really looking like anything". Safe and probably a good option.

Kias, Hyundais, nissan, infinity and lexus, Mazda all look really, really similar.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Fuel is non-issue cause the mileage will be trivial. I don't know basically anything about Jeep development schedule but if they're introducing a new diesel in 2018 then that's definitely worth the wait. No matter what, it'll be diesel. That's where I'll put my foot down. You just can't beat diesel engine with gas.

Our use for it will be basically just to drive it in the off hot hot summer days Finnish summer gets and to commute between my fiancees parents to our summer cabin (which is less than a mile but it's not really a road). I kind of like the idea of having a vehicle that doesn't shy away from the journey when it becomes less than a road.

The biggest issue I have is the lack of proper maintenance options. If you get a Toyota Hilux you can just opt for the local guy to take care. But Jeep is basically non-existent in the area we would be using it. If it breaks, I don't know where I can take it. My father in-law is really good at fixing vehicles but I'm not sure if I'm comfortable letting him do his patents in new car.

Then again, they look superb. You don't get the looks when buying a Nissan or Toyota.

Pretty simple mechanic either way.

Also you guys in Europe already have the diesel engine. The CRD engine comes in 2.8 and 2.6 i believe and theyre great. Jls will come with aluminum body and some nice features, but the jks are fine either way.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->