Dreger: Muzzin and the Leafs getting close to an extension

deeb

Feb 10, 2020
Dubas paid Mathews, Mathews money. Edmonton pays McDavid. :help:

The price difference is marginal.

Matthews contract was 100% influenced by what McDavid got despite being an inferior player that hasn't come close to a 100 point season.

deeb

Feb 10, 2020
And what do you know. The leafs are paying Matthews big knew and he's tied for the most goals in the league at 41. Go figure....

So you're saying that he should be paid Ovechkin money instead?

That sounds far more reasonable to me based on his production.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
The price difference is marginal.

Matthews contract was 100% influenced by what McDavid got despite being an inferior player that hasn't come close to a 100 point season.
No, Matthews and his agent negotiated their own contract with Dubas. One that both sides are happy with.

Reactions: LeafsNation75

deeb

Feb 10, 2020
No, Matthews and his agent negotiated their own contract with Dubas. One that both sides are happy with.

And all the other fan bases are laughing at since it was a gross over pay contributing to the cap hell toronto is now in.

Last edited:

Namikaze Minato

Apr 30, 2009
Beautiful B.C.
Why are Edmonton fans all so obsessed with AM34? We arent even in your conference and have zero rivalry and yet they cant stop bringing him up and comparing him to Mcdavid every chance they get.

Anyways, im happy to bring Muzzin back, if its 4 by 5 something like Bob speculated that would be a very fair deal.

Makes you wonder what happens with dermott though, with Sandin playing so well and Rielly coming back it really makes that left side pretty tight.

deeb

Feb 10, 2020
Wow and I thought Oilers fans hate it when Matthews and McDavid are mentioned in the same sentence. However I guess this shows that they are obsessed with the Leafs and wanting them to fail.

Funny how that narrative has changed after it's been proven that matthews isn't close and many toronto fans claimed the exact opposite the first couple years he was in the NHL.

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
Ovechkin also has a history of 50 goal seasons.

Matthews doesn't.
Well everyone is about to witness his first this year with more to come. Like I said you need to get with the times on how young players are payed now. That Ovechkin contract was signed years ago.

Reactions: LeafsNation75

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Muzzin turns 31 in a week so whatever the contract is 4 years should be the absolute maximum he's getting and even there that 4th year very well might become be a problem. 4th year probably lowers the AAV enough though to make up for it . At least it should.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad