Dreger: Muzzin and the Leafs getting close to an extension

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Is Pietrangelo a realistic option? Will he leave STL? Also, Muzzin will be cheaper and the leafs can’t keep giving out huge contracts.

Why hasn't Pietrangelo re-signed with the Blues yet?

Perhaps it's the same reason Tavares refused to re-up with the Islanders

Muzzin will be cheaper because he's an inferior player

Giving out big contracts isn't the problem, it's having average NHL players on the roster making 3 - 5 million

Leafs would be better served landing big fish, and then surrounding them with vets and young players making the league minimum

apadilla

Dec 27, 2007
It appears Muzzin is not interested in roasting the Leafs over charcoal. That's good news. I'll say 5 X 6.75.

Reactions: hmc1987

capfit9

Oct 29, 2009
I would rather have a younger version of Muzzin .....Joel Edmundson is an UFA

Jan 21, 2018
It appears Muzzin is not interested in roasting the Leafs over charcoal. That's good news. I'll say 5 X 6.75.

Oh good it's phaneuf all over again.

Either short term. Or small AAV. Help me lord if he gets a fat contract.

Michael HOMERUNing

Feb 24, 2019
I would rather have a younger version of Muzzin .....Joel Edmundson is an UFA
upload_2020-2-13_20-40-47.png

You see those last two bars? That's the thing the Leafs need most

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I said it in the previous thread, but I'll repeat myself since my first message obviously didn't reach the higher-ups over at MLSE

Muzzin is the type of player that you thank for his service, and then wish him well in free agency

Why do you continue to choose to be wrong

Reactions: dubey

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Is Pietrangelo a realistic option? Will he leave STL? Also, Muzzin will be cheaper and the leafs can’t keep giving out huge contracts.

no one knows. Bob mckenzie out of nowhere multiple times brought up Petro to the leafs in the summer in the beginning of the year.

He hasn’t to my knowledge since.... so I don’t know what changed there.

Andy Strickland was on tsn radio today and said it’s “anyone’s guess”. He said 2 things were the sticking points

1.) term. He said GM wont do 8 years.
2.) GM doesn’t believe in signing bonuses. He said the owner won’t want to pay big Front loaded SB. He then mentioned Schenn and o Reilly who were traded for with them. Which is an issue.

He mentioned Petro having to decide if he wants a statue and sign for 5-6 years for josi-ish money.

Or get a couple more years and front loaded SB

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
no one knows. Bob mckenzie out of nowhere multiple times brought up Petro to the leafs in the summer in the beginning of the year.

He hasn’t to my knowledge since.... so I don’t know what changed there.

Andy Strickland was on tsn radio today and said it’s “anyone’s guess”. He said 2 things were the sticking points

1.) term. He said GM wont do 8 years.
2.) GM doesn’t believe in signing bonuses. He said the owner won’t want to pay big Front loaded SB. He then mentioned Schenn and o Reilly who were traded for with them. Which is an issue.

He mentioned Petro having to decide if he wants a statue and sign for 5-6 years for josi-ish money.

Or get a couple more years and front loaded SB

As a pretty avid blues fan. This is news to me, of which most of it doesn’t make any sense considering our ownership groups willingness to give Army the green light to spend whatever and the recent signings of Faulk and Schenn in which they received very good term. I’d be willing to bet Army is offering the captain and arguably our best player 8 years.

In terms of Muzzin I’d imagine it’s around 6m AAV

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
As a pretty avid blues fan. This is news to me, of which most of it doesn’t make any sense considering our ownership groups willingness to give Army the green light to spend whatever and the recent signings of Faulk and Schenn in which they received very good term. I’d be willing to bet Army is offering the captain and arguably our best player 8 years.

In terms of Muzzin I’d imagine it’s around 6m AAV

1.) for Petro Strickland was on colaiacovo radio show this morning. It’s what he said.

2.) mckenzie said 4 yrs with something starting with a 5.... we will see

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
1.) for Petro Strickland was on colaiacovo radio show this morning. It’s what he said.

2.) mckenzie said 4 yrs with something starting with a 5.... we will see

I’m not trying to say it’s wrong or hopeful. It just has to be a very new piece of information and it probsvly is most likely speculation. I can see AAV being an issue for Armstrong as he is usually a prettt staunch negotiator and has said before we’d pay a superstar but I don’t know if we have any of those types of players. Term on the other hand with the most recent signings seems more like outside speculation given the most recent signings.

I am Canadian

AM34|WN88|MM16
May 22, 2008
Toronto
Paying UFA years is the last thing I wanted the Leafs to do but they really shot themselves in the foot by not getting competent defense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad