LeBrun: Mutual interest between Predators and Corey Perry. Blackhawks also interested

Mick Jagr

Nice guy, tries hard, loves the game.
Jul 11, 2009
Peterborough, ONT
twitter.com
Ring chasing on a cheap short deal to Nashville... I could def see it happen.

Cup chasing. This isn't the NBA. Nobody does this for a "ring." They do it to win the cup and have their name etched on it for all eternity. The ring is totally secondary and the majority of players couldn't care less about a ring.

FeatherHead

Oct 5, 2017
And that's fine if any other team wants his services.

However Chicago has wasted 4 years since winning the cup with lackluster trades, signings all while becoming older , slower , less skillfully and defensively atrocious.

If Chicago is going to invest in any UFA I'd like to see
Anders Lee
Joe Thorton
Matt Duchene
PANARIN

Perry reminds everyone in Chicago of last years off season Kunitz , manning and Davidson

If we got Panarin or Duchene...I’d have some serious high hopes for this team next year. Anders Lee would be decent too. Truthfully tho, our season hinges on defense and goaltending and I’m enthused by neither.

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
If we got Panarin or Duchene...I’d have some serious high hopes for this team next year. Anders Lee would be decent too. Truthfully tho, our season hinges on defense and goaltending and I’m enthused by neither.

Actually I'm more comfortable now with Chicago's defense. Maatta and De HAAN are solid pick ups and looking at what Chicago gave up in order to accomplish that was a huge plus.

Anismov, Gus, and saad are all expendable.
Even if Stan gains more cap relief in doing so it allows him to bring in certain role players.

Lee would be a upgrade over saad.

Duchene and panarin are not worth screwing up the teams cap future for 1 huge signing.

I do believe Dach will make the team and that gives Chicago more depth

FeatherHead

Oct 5, 2017
Actually I'm more comfortable now with Chicago's defense. Maatta and De HAAN are solid pick ups and looking at what Chicago gave up in order to accomplish that was a huge plus.

Anismov, Gus, and saad are all expendable.
Even if Stan gains more cap relief in doing so it allows him to bring in certain role players.

Lee would be a upgrade over saad.

Duchene and panarin are not worth screwing up the teams cap future for 1 huge signing.

I do believe Dach will make the team and that gives Chicago more depth
I sure as hell hope Dach makes the team out of camp. This team's center depth is nothing to write home about.

And while Saad, Gus, and Anisimov are indeed expendable, who are you going to find to dump them on? Saad and Anisimov are on atrocious contracts.

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
I sure as hell hope Dach makes the team out of camp. This team's center depth is nothing to write home about.

And while Saad, Gus, and Anisimov are indeed expendable, who are you going to find to dump them on? Saad and Anisimov are on atrocious contracts.

Saad and anismov contracts are actually easy to unload , their tradeable to any team so Stan isn't tied down in that respect.

Both have 2 years left on cheap affordable contracts .

Ottowa would be a start they need to reach the floor , even if it's draft picks that's okay.

But looking at free agency the cost to sign someone is just ridiculous. So saad would be a cost effective solid move for a team looking for scoring on a cheap contract.

expy

Nov 2, 2010
Can they land both Duchene and Perry? I'm sure they'd have to choose one.

Phil120362

Dec 29, 2018
I'm not really that impressed with him athough I haven't watched a lot of games this season. Does he still have gas in the tank?
prolly E 85,cheaper? Yes....but not as powerful,but maybe you won't have to pay a "premium"....lol

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
Id say 1 year at 2 million max. I'm guessing it comes down to which team he would have the best chance of playing with players who can elevate his game and stock.

Playing alongside toews and Kane is a pretty sweet option to think about.

Nashville doesn't have those types of players and Nashville IMO isn't going to be a dominant team this year. That window is gone

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Yeah, I'm sure a guy that just had his contract bought out is going to screen his phone calls
Perry isn’t hurting for money at this point, and is still getting more than a lot of players get in their entire careers over the next two years even if he never comes near an ice surface. He’s screening his phone calls.

PredsHabs

Jul 9, 2013
Lyles,TN
Id say 1 year at 2 million max. I'm guessing it comes down to which team he would have the best chance of playing with players who can elevate his game and stock.

Playing alongside toews and Kane is a pretty sweet option to think about.

Nashville doesn't have those types of players and Nashville IMO isn't going to be a dominant team this year. That window is gone

Please explains how our window is gone in Nashville?

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
Please explains how our window is gone in Nashville?

Nashville got rolled in the first round last year and just traded away subban. Nashville isn't a dynasty team or organization, how many cups or western conference finals has Nashville won?

Nashville had it's chance and I wouldn't expect them to be anything more than a 500 club .

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
Nashville got rolled in the first round last year and just traded away subban. Nashville isn't a dynasty team or organization, how many cups or western conference finals has Nashville won?

Nashville had it's chance and I wouldn't expect them to be anything more than a 500 club .

Ok, but our entire core aside from Rinne is in their early-late 20's.

You do realize Subban wasn't our best player right? Like Ekholm and Josi are better than him and Johansen, Arvidsson and Forsberg are more important to our team.

Nobody's claiming they're a dynasty, we're just saying that our window isn't closed.

You think we're going to be only a .500 club? Really?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad