Mutliple teams in one market

Jim Boeheim

Sep 20, 2005
Rochester
I've wondered this for years....

How many markets in the US and Canada are able to watch more than 1 team throughout the entire season?
I can see a few markets get all the broadcasts for 2 teams, but I'm not aware of any markets that get more than that other than my own market.

We have it good here in upstate NY in that we get, for the most part, the full regular season schdule of game broadcast for 4 teams.

Here in upstate NY, we get...
Sabres (MSG)
Rangers (MSG)
Devile (FSNNY)
Islanders (FSNNY)

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
Obviously NYC area where you can watch the Rangers, Devils, and Islanders. Certaint parts of New Jersey get the Flyers also in addition to those teams.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
I've wondered this for years....

How many markets in the US and Canada are able to watch more than 1 team throughout the entire season?
I can see a few markets get all the broadcasts for 2 teams, but I'm not aware of any markets that get more than that other than my own market.

We have it good here in upstate NY in that we get, for the most part, the full regular season schdule of game broadcast for 4 teams.

Here in upstate NY, we get...
Sabres (MSG)
Rangers (MSG)
Devile (FSNNY)
Islanders (FSNNY)

How do you get all those teams games? I live in upstate NY and only get the Sabres on MSG and hockey night in Canada on CBC.

Afino

The Juice
Dec 2, 2003
Orchard Park, NY
Rochester basically has

Channel 51: MSG

Channel 53: FSNNY

They even have that Mets network...SKY, it's like channel 47 or something like that, I hate the Mets so I don't pay attention.

Jim Boeheim

Sep 20, 2005
Rochester
Rochester basically has

Channel 51: MSG

Channel 53: FSNNY

They even have that Mets network...SKY, it's like channel 47 or something like that, I hate the Mets so I don't pay attention.

RIght Afino, plus we get the YES network (Yankees).

So basically, we get to see all the NYC teams during the season AND the Sabres. :handclap:
And we're some 350 miles away.

Lunatik*

in alberta we get Flames and Oilers on the same rogers sportsnet channel

Sotnos

Jul 8, 2002
Not here
www.boltprospects.com
I doubt any market gets as many as some of the ones in the northeast. North Florida and south Florida get both stations that broadcast games (SunSports and FSN Florida) but the games are blacked out in the opposition's market.

HansH

Unwelcome Spectre
Feb 2, 2005
San Diego
www.mib.org
Southern California has the Kings on FSN West, and the Ducks on FSN West 2, if I recall correctly (we get FSN West here in San Diego, but thankfully are not cursed with FSN West 2 on my cable system).

Some parts of the LA area also get ECHL Long Beach games, for a total of three teams.

Schitzo

Jul 29, 2006
In BC we get the friggin Leafs at least once a week

My grandpap says they won a Cup once. Beat out 5 other teams. Think he's going senile.

Bwahahah. Yeah, that's hockey in canada. You can see your own team, and you'll see the leafs once a week, whether you like it or not.

Bryzga lol*

At home, I can get Sens and other games on Sportsnet, Habs games on RDS, and random games on TSN and CBC.

HVPOLARBEARS19

Nov 17, 2005
NY
I'm in Syracuse right now, and we an get Buffalo on MSG, the Rangers on MSG (when it doesnt conflict with BUF), and the Isles and Devils on FSNY usually.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->