TSN: Mutiny among players about Therrien -Now with a poll!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
not a big Crawford suporter,but he did come second ...so don't think he got no chance here.

I said this years ago,but for $50,000 a year why not hire a translator and hire the best coach available?.

Hell I'm sure Siri or another Smartphone App could just translate for free

General Fanager

Feb 2, 2010
Chambly, Qc
I don't believe Gagnon. Guy belongs on TMZ, not RDS.

98 games into his coaching days and this pops up? Nah. I dislike Therrien and all but this is a farce.

Man, I want to slap the yellow off of Gagnon's teeth.

personally I think Gagnon is just speculating because of Subbans meeting yesterday but whatever.....if this gets the ball rolling then im ok with it...

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
th

http://www.hockeyinsideout.com/news/exclusive-would-have-been-interesting-robinson-says-of-habs-post

On several occasions, long-time Robinson friend and business agent/adviser Donny Cape has attempted to broker a deal to bring Robinson back to Montreal as a coach, team ambassador or both. For a variety of reasons, from awkward timing to telephone calls that were not returned by the club to team brass saying it was satisfied with its incumbent staff, a Robinson-Canadiens reunion has not taken place.

It is not happening again, Robinson’s NHL career now unlikely to end in the city where it began.

On Sunday, from his Florida home, Robinson spoke to me for nearly an hour.

“I understand the Canadiens had to get going, they couldn’t wait,†he said, settling into the off-season with his wife, Jeannette.

“They decided, and they chose Daigneault. They had to move on in their task to improve their club.â€

It’s no secret that a number of NHL clubs have expressed interest in Robinson’s coaching talents. Complicating matters with the Canadiens was the fact that he was unable in recent days to come north for a face-to-face interview, tied down in Florida dealing with the onslaught of Hurricane Debby and the torrential rains that overflowed his swimming pool and swamped the 12-acre polo farm he co-owns, stabling and training polo horses.

/////////////

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal

98 games into his coaching days and this pops up? Nah. I dislike Therrien and all but this is a farce.

I want to brush them with a butter knife.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007

He's a rat and he has an agenda - he's the definition of a bad Montreal journalist "mediot" but we all still want Therrien gone so we're rolling with it.

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC

Hmmm. Gagnon isn't the best source but the fact that the media is pushing this hard for drama still bodes well for us who want MT gone.

This article + the Bergevin/Subban meeting.... There might be some fire with this smoke. Even if it's not as big a fire as the media would like us to believe.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
What are the possible options, and how many are actually realistic?

Boucher
Robinson
Laviolette
Crawford
Andy Murray

Anyone care to add potential candidates? Even if they are a longshot

I think only two of those candidates are actual candidates because the rest don't fit our special requirement.

Account Terminated

Sep 12, 2009
personally I think Gagnon is just speculating because of Subbans meeting yesterday but whatever.....if this gets the ball rolling then im ok with it...

You hit the nail on the head.

I understand a fee players being upset, or the prospects getting called up and immediately benched, but a mutiny is absurd to even think about. Even Norman Flynn tossed it aside on the radio today, and he's a colleague of Gagnon's.

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
im not sure if Lavi speaks french....

as I said, lets list all the best options, even if there is a longshot. Why are you giving credibility to what should be a non-issue? The more we validate the media's language police crap, the further back this team is. Why limit ourselves?

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
say what ya want about the reporter Gagnon,,,but PACMAN SAID THIS IN NOV 2013.......and he ain't the only one thinking this!!Anything change since Nov 2013 to Jan 24th 2014??? My biggest fear is we lose a 40 goal scorer and other players over a coaches " Jacques Martin system"

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1541939
vCash: 500

Pacioretty critical of Michel Therrien's coaching strategies.
http://www.rds.ca/hockey/canadiens/l...nante-1.687211

Pacioretty basically said that Montreal's defensive style of play hampers offensive creativity, that they need to vary their strategies in order to be less predictable by the opponent and be a better hockey club. The team play on its heels and respect the opponent too much instead of imposing its own rhythm and style of play.

Last edited:

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
I think only two of those candidates are actual candidates because the rest don't fit our special requirement.

Robinson would be able to get away with it. Plus he must know a tiny bit of french.

But as I said in another post: Lets not validate the discriminatory language requirement. The media can all they want, but at least let us have a normal discussion about coaching candidates on HF.

V13

Fire Sell Tank
Sep 21, 2005
M1 Habsram
This article + the Bergevin/Subban meeting.... There might be some fire with this smoke. Even if it's not as big a fire as the media would like us to believe.

What is this Bergevin/Subban meeting ? I feel like i missed something here.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
not true at all, I want the best guy available. who cares what language he speaks....

P.S. is it too soon to make a list of available guys to replace MT??

Exactly. He could speak some newly discovered alien language no one has ever heard of. If he wins us games. We want him to coach the Habs.

kassian

Sep 27, 2010
Montreal
If this is true, I'm not surprised one bit.

Remember, this is the same coach that kept playing the likes of Bourque on the PP over Eller and Chucky despite the obvious fact that they're both better. Same thing for Cube and his regular PP minutes despite his 1A in like 130PP minutes over the course of two seasons.

Players aren't idiots and they realize the wrongdoings and dumbfounding decisions Therrien has put this team through. I would be pissed if I would have to play for that headcase.

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
What is this Bergevin/Subban meeting ? I feel like i missed something here.

There's a thread on the forum here. Subban had a private meeting with MB, but there was no mention of it being about contract stuff.

The speculation is MB is seeing how much the players like Therrien

Account Terminated

Sep 12, 2009
He also clarified shortly after that those comments were not meant to be criticism towards his coach, but just frustration that they weren't scoring at the time.

Media hounds fabricated nonsense out of it.

say what ya want about the reporter Gagnon,,,but PACMAN SAID THIS IN NOV 2013.......and he ain't the only one thinking this!!Anything change since Nov 2013 to Jan 24th 2014??? My biggest fear is we lose a 40 goal scorer and other players over a coaches " Jacques Martin system"

V13

Fire Sell Tank
Sep 21, 2005
M1 Habsram
say what ya want about the reporter Gagnon,,,but PACMAN SAID THIS IN NOV 2013.......and he ain't the only one thinking this!!

Pac is 100% correct and it reflects in the Habs play this year. How many 2+ goals lead have the Habs blown this season ? A ton !!

And why is that ? Because they start strong , impose their rythmn , score a few goals and then go into a defensive shell and chase and dump mode (which they start doing in the 2nd period most of the time) , play on their heels for the rest of the game which in turn give more offensive zone time to the opponent which in turn results in goals against/games getting tied/leads being blown etc

The evidence is in the pudding (is that the correct expression ? :laugh:)

He also clarified shortly after that those comments were not meant to be criticism towards his coach, but just frustration that they weren't scoring at the time.

Media hounds fabricated nonsense out of it.

Maybe but his comments are still bang on when you look at the big picture and the current state of the team

There's a thread on the forum here. Subban had a private meeting with MB, but there was no mention of it being about contract stuff.

The speculation is MB is seeing how much the players like Therrien

Roger that. Gonna go take a look at the thread. Thanks !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->