TSN: Mutiny among players about Therrien -Now with a poll!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurel Joliat

May 21, 2010
Ottawa, ON, CA
He had 7 goals in his first 22 games, you know, when he was playing with at least one of Galchenyuk or Gallagher, or both, and getting more offensive opportunities.

But hey, let's look at his production when he plays with Bourque, who's got 1 goal in his last 16 games and 1 assist all year. Or when he plays with Moen that has 1 goal all year, or Prust who's got 4. Not to mention, very little PP time. Ya, that's so much of a better representation..

Eller is so overrated on this board. He's a good 3rd liner but nowhere near what people expect him to be. I saw someone saying that he wouldn't trade Eller for Jordan Eberle. Really ? And at 24 years old he is not a young player anymore. What you see right now is what you're gonna see for the rest of his career. Don't get me wrong I really like Lars Eller, but stop protecting him. Right now he is in the same boat as Briere, Gionta and Bourque.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Why is that? Because people keep inflating his skills to make them feel better about the Halak trade? Eller has done nothing since getting here. The guy will be a career 3rd liner no matter where he goes. Only in Montreal do we overrate people so much more that they will never be able to attain that type of skill set.

Well he's never been giving the role of a 2nd line center. So it's tough to really know how he would do. Keep playing him with Bourque, Briere, Prust and Moen, and ya, don't expect him to put up 50pts.

pepperMonkey

Aug 2, 2005
Toronto
If I were another team, I'd look at trading for Eller and Diaz. Low cost guys who could improve my team. Diaz you could get for nothing now and he's okay as a 3rd pairing guy.

As for Eller, he has 2nd line center capabilities. He could be as good as Plekanec down the line only bigger. If we deal him, we'll regret it.

We certainly might regret it, but I doubt Eller would ever be as good as Plekanec offensively and quite possibly defensively either.
Pleks is a great 2nd C who can be a 1st C on a bad team...Eller I see as a step down, in that he would be a great 3C but only a decent 2nd C on an OK team.
So wouldn't mind trading him, assuming we get a great return. Then again, there are many I rather trade before Eller. But ultimately, almost anyone can be traded, assuming we get the right return...not that I have high hopes in the capabilities of the Habs upper management...

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Same lines at practice. Diaz still on the outside, Murray still in, Eller on the wing.

Don't blame MT, we have looked fantastic. Amirite?

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Conor McKenna ‏@mckennaconor 1m
The Canadiens have scored 4 goals and allowed 23 with Douglas Murray on the ice. Anything else is window dressing. The guy is bad at hockey.

Douglas Murray is great at hockey.

Aurel Joliat

May 21, 2010
Ottawa, ON, CA
Well he's never been giving the role of a 2nd line center. So it's tough to really know how he would do. Keep playing him with Bourque, Briere, Prust and Moen, and ya, don't expect him to put up 50pts.

Same thing with Michel Therrien. He can't win many games with all those players at the same time in his line-up.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
The Canadiens have scored 4 goals and allowed 23 with Douglas Murray on the ice. Anything else is window dressing. The guy is bad at hockey.

Curious to see the numbers for guys like Bouillon, Emelin, Parros, Bourque...so much dead weight on this team at the moment.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Mitch Melnick ‏@HunterZThompson 1m
- #Habs record since Game 41 last season (incl. playoff loss to Ottawa): 31-29-5. Goal Differential: -26. #samplesize #Habson690

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax

Therrien: "Douglas Murray has been one of our best defenseman"

Ok, magic mike.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
I wrote 4 posts when he was hired:

Originally Posted by Andy
The thing I hate about this hiring is that I don't see any potential for long-term stability. I really don't see Therrien lasting for more then 2 seasons. We'll go through the same thing we've been going through since forever with head coaches.

They need to stop limiting their pools with a non-hockey requirement. If the best candidate among all is french, so be it, but there is no reason why a team who keeps preaching that it is comitted to winning, to limit their pools to anything less than looking for the BEST candidate available.

I ****ing hate this team right now. It's the first time since watching hockey that I really dislike what I see. I can't stand MT and the way this team is runned.

i have a serious....serious problem with this as well, its a god damn shame a non-hockey requirement could be the number 1 thing holding this entire TEAM/organization back, ...its a god damn SHAME

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal

Wow! I guess it must somehow be PK's fault?

hockeyfan2k11

Jun 11, 2011
Eller is so overrated on this board. He's a good 3rd liner but nowhere near what people expect him to be. I saw someone saying that he wouldn't trade Eller for Jordan Eberle. Really ? And at 24 years old he is not a young player anymore. What you see right now is what you're gonna see for the rest of his career. Don't get me wrong I really like Lars Eller, but stop protecting him. Right now he is in the same boat as Briere, Gionta and Bourque.

I like Eller....but a lot of the Eller love comes from people who don't want to admit that we did not get enough in that Halak deal. I think the team should do everything to help Eller succeed just like they do with DD. If they don't want to do that then just trade him. I guarantee you Lars would be a much further along player if he stayed in St Louis.

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I like Eller....but a lot of the Eller love comes from people who don't want to admit that we did not get enough in that Halak deal. I think the team should do everything to help Eller succeed just like they do with DD. If they don't want to do that then just trade him. I guarantee you Lars would be a much further along player if he stayed in St Louis.

I have no problems with Eller.. he's going to be a key anchor at the 3rd line center position for years to come. He can score, he's good on face-offs, he's great on the wall and he has some of the best hands on the team. Expecting too much output from him is a crime on the individual.. he's a 30-50 point center. Considering he's big and good on the wall, I'm content with that.. we just need to give him players that work well with him, we haven't since they needed to get DD going.

Galchenyuk is number 1 center as soon as they start developing him there and Plekanec is great as a number 2.

hockeyfan2k11

Jun 11, 2011
I have no problems with Eller.. he's going to be a key anchor at the 3rd line center position for years to come. He can score, he's good on face-offs, he's great on the wall and he has some of the best hands on the team. Expecting too much output from him is a crime on the individual.. he's a 30-50 point center. Considering he's big and good on the wall, I'm content with that.. we just need to give him players that work well with him, we haven't since they needed to get DD going.

Galchenyuk is number 1 center as soon as they start developing him there and Plekanec is great as a number 2.

But that's not how he was advertised... If that's what Gauthier was looking for then I don't like the deal at all.

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
But that's not how he was advertised... If that's what Gauthier was looking for then I don't like the deal at all.

No, we were hoping for a bit more on the offensive side. It might come, the tools are there. However, we just have to be realistic. We have what we have and it is valuable in its own right.

It's not like we gave up Sutter and a top 10 pick for Jordan Staal.

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax
Wow! I guess it must somehow be PK's fault?

ES goals against:
Murray 16
Subban 46

But the only players on the whole team with positive ES goals for - ES goals against are Gallagher, Gorges, Plekanec, Beaulieu, and Leblanc.

Discuss.

Curious to see the numbers for guys like Bouillon, Emelin, Parros, Bourque...so much dead weight on this team at the moment.

I usually check here first for this kind of thing.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah

Sometimes I wonder if people even remember the way Eller was being brought up and developed.

Eller has had a steady progression.
He came into the league as a 20 year old, he was 21 for his rookie season in Mtl.

He had a 4th line role playing 11min as a rookie. Martin was bringing him up slowly, making him focus on the defensive aspect of his game.

In his sophomore year, his role increased to the 3rd line. His offensive side was being to show when he paired a strong trip with Moen and AK. He was also being trusted more defensively, he was increasingly used on the PK as the season progressed. Sadly, we made a horrible and poorly timed coaching changed. Many people thought Eller was happy because of the way he was commenting to the press about it, but I don't think he knew just how bad RC was. RC decided to break up the Eller-AK-Mo trio, switched to a pure no-possession system, and it reflected in their game. Still, he finished the year with 16 goals and 28pts, averaging more ice time and regular PK time. That's progress.

Let's not forget Eller had shoulder issues and got injured for it before his sophomore year and spent most of that summer rehabbing. So he comes into the new season finally with a good off season training, got time to add some muscles and weight.

Then we have a Gm/Coach change. Eller gets called out by his new coach before the season starts as a guy that is in a make or break year. After one game in the new system, no training camp shortened season, when the whole team looked disorganized and lost, Eller is singled out and scratched for a grinder. After 2 games of sitting in the presser, he comes back and used on the 4th line. He forces Therrien's hands by playing well and creating chances, so he's then moved up to play on the wing because Prust-Galy-Galla is doing well while DD is having some struggles.
After a short stint there, coach creates the EGG line. He also seems time with Galy-Prust.
He seems to be blossoming offensively, he finishes the year with 30pts in 46pts despite averaging less ice time than the previous year, still gets very little PP time (32min all year). He is the 3rd player for EV points only 2 pts away from the leading, MaxPac.

Gets even bigger this summer.

Season starts, the EGG line is our only good thing. He has 13pts in about 20ish games despite the fact that line is constantly being broken up during games and reunited in order to get others going. Finally Gallagher is moved next to DD and MaxPac, they do well, so Therrien keeps them together. Still, Eller manages to produce at a .5 pace so long that Galchenyuk is paired with him. Therrien decides to move Galy next to Plekanec, leaving Eller with scrubs like Briere, Bourque, Moen, Prust. Surprise surprise, Eller stops producing.

This is what happened. Now apparently, to some, it's because Eller just doesn't cut it.
How did MaxPac do with scrubs? Didn't MaxPac flat out say he doesn't want to play on the 3rd or 4th line? Imagine we hadn't traded Ribeiro when we wanted to make room for Plekanec, you think he would have gotten that 47pt season??
This is the year where Eller needed to be used as the 2nd line role guy. We didn't do that. It was a stupid decision and we're paying for it now. But instead of looking at that, we're blaming the kid.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
ES goals against:
Murray 16
Subban 46

But the only players on the whole team with positive ES goals for - ES goals against are Gallagher, Gorges, Plekanec, Beaulieu, and Leblanc.

Discuss.

I usually check here first for this kind of thing.

You do realize that everytime the 4th line is on, so is Subban and that line gets scored on a ridiculous amount.

MD thaivuN

Anime Music Hipster
Aug 2, 2012
Montreal
www.youtube.com

Murray is part of our core group of players that will make us tank this season. :laugh: :help:

FrontierPsyCHiatrist*

ES goals against:
Murray 16
Subban 46

Discuss.

I thought Subban was +3...? well whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad