TSN: Mutiny among players about Therrien -Now with a poll!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Markov has looked like garbage and he will continue to fall as he gets older. Trade him now while we can get something.

As far as Eller...he hasn't done jack **** in awhile either. Not against trading him either.

Its time for a major shake up.

Resigning a terrible Markov to a 3 year..5+ mill contract would be another disaster.
I have zero problem with trading Markov. Just surprised that it's on the table.

As for dealing Eller, you'd have to be a ****ing idiot to do this. Which is probably why it will happen.

firewagon77*

Jacques Lemaire who is 68 years old would be a good stop gap solution until you develop a future young coach.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Markov? Really?

And if we deal Eller, I'll be pissed.

He said he would like to see Bergevin moves some of the vets that aren't working (who wouldn't really..).
He said all the management group, including all pro scouts, are meeting to discuss who they could possibly move and target. He said that if they want to get some help, they'll have to move assets, which is when he mentioned moving Eller, Markov or Leblanc.

I never actually thought Eller was a guy we'd move, that's why I've always thought the way we used him was just odd. But when I think about it, Bergevin extended DD, Therrien has clearly provided DD with every opportunity possible to get out of his slump, DD is used as the primary offensive center, Eller has been relegated to a checking line center, he's been used as a winger despite clearly being uncomfortable there while DD was never tried (even when he slumped) and is an upcoming RFA.
It really looks like Eller is way behind DD in management's eyes so on some level, I wouldn't be surprised after all if they move him, and on another level I would be because Bergevin has been adamant on not moving young players/picks (he did contradict himself before though..).

Obviously, I'd be very disappointed if that were the case, but it all depends on the return. I just don't have much faith left in this management group anymore so it worries me.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
He said he would like to see Bergevin moves some of the vets that aren't working (who wouldn't really..).
He said all the management group, including all pro scouts, are meeting to discuss who they could possibly move and target. He said that if they want to get some help, they'll have to move assets, which is when he mentioned moving Eller, Markov or Leblanc.

I never actually thought Eller was a guy we'd move, that's why I've always thought the way we used him was just odd. But when I think about it, Bergevin extended DD, Therrien has clearly provided DD with every opportunity possible to get out of his slump, DD is used as the primary offensive center, Eller has been relegated to a checking line center, he's been used as a winger despite clearly being uncomfortable there while DD was never tried (even when he slumped) and is an upcoming RFA.
It really looks like Eller is way behind DD in management's eyes so I wouldn't be surprised after all if they move him.

Obviously, I'd be very disappointed if that were the case, but it all depends on the return. I just don't have much faith left in this management group anymore so it worries me.
If I were another team, I'd look at trading for Eller and Diaz. Low cost guys who could improve my team. Diaz you could get for nothing now and he's okay as a 3rd pairing guy.

As for Eller, he has 2nd line center capabilities. He could be as good as Plekanec down the line only bigger. If we deal him, we'll regret it.

Toro

Sep 6, 2005
Windsor
3 goals in 30 games for Eller?

Thats 8 on a year at this pace.

I blame mt for misusing eller. He was doing good with the kids and then mt screwed up the lines and has yet to get it straight as he continues to screw with them every game

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Renaud Lavoie was on FAN590 this morning, Jeff Blair show, saying he contacted several sources inside the Habs and they all say players are 100% behind Therrein

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
3 goals in 30 games for Eller?

Thats 8 on a year at this pace.

He had 7 goals in his first 22 games, you know, when he was playing with at least one of Galchenyuk or Gallagher, or both, and getting more offensive opportunities.

But hey, let's look at his production when he plays with Bourque, who's got 1 goal in his last 16 games and 1 assist all year. Or when he plays with Moen that has 1 goal all year, or Prust who's got 4. Not to mention, very little PP time. Ya, that's so much of a better representation..

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
If I were another team, I'd look at trading for Eller and Diaz. Low cost guys who could improve my team. Diaz you could get for nothing now and he's okay as a 3rd pairing guy.

As for Eller, he has 2nd line center capabilities. He could be as good as Plekanec down the line only bigger. If we deal him, we'll regret it.

I would absolutely look to trade for Eller and Diaz if I were other teams. I have a hard time seeing how Bergevin could be asking for a big return for these guys based on the way they're being used.

rockjngo

Oct 31, 2011
Second Time Around :handclap:

MT first stint with MTL: his last game was against Carolina

MT second stint with MTL: if the team gets blown out against Carolina, he might be gone.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Renaud Lavoie was on FAN590 this morning, Jeff Blair show, saying he contacted several sources inside the Habs and they all say players are 100% behind Therrein

"Hi...Hi, this is Renaud. Yeah. Renaud. Renaud Lavoie. Yeah. From TVA Sports. No... No, no... Yeah, it's, uh, it's a news station. No not RDS. Yeah. So, quick question...Are you guys behind Therrien? Yeah... yes, on the record. You are? Ok thanks!!!!!"

firewagon77*

Pascal Vincent is a young coach who has paid his dues as well,he coached in the QMJHL for 12 seasons with Montreal and Cape Breton with a 429-313-87 record and the last 3 years he has been ab assistant coach with the Jets.

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011
Of course they are 100% behind him. How else would they stab him in the back? :sarcasm:

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
"Hi...Hi, this is Renaud. Yeah. Renaud. Renaud Lavoie. Yeah. From TVA Sports. No... No, no... Yeah, it's, uh, it's a news station. No not RDS. Yeah. So, quick question...Are you guys behind Therrien? Yeah... yes, on the record. You are? Ok thanks!!!!!"

Verbatim,

and it must of sounded way funnier than it was written.

Smokey Thompson

May 8, 2013
Norman Flynn on Marinaro's show just said if **** doesn't get better in 2 weeks he expects Therrien to get canned. He said usually after these player only meetings the GM tries to make a trade to help the coach, and if that doesn't work then he has no choice but to fire the coach.

First RDS employee suggesting MT may get fired.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
I don't think I can watch a MT led team anymore. I know no one cares, but I think I'm reaching my limit.

gillyguzzler

Jan 21, 2007
Ontario
Jacques Lemaire who is 68 years old would be a good stop gap solution until you develop a future young coach.

I tend to agree that Lemaire might be able to guide this team to the playoffs. At the very least, he would be able to fix the defensive game. Still, it would be a quick first round exit against Pit or Boston.

gillyguzzler

Jan 21, 2007
Ontario
Norman Flynn on Marinaro's show just said if **** doesn't get better in 2 weeks he expects Therrien to get canned. He said usually after these player only meetings the GM tries to make a trade to help the coach, and if that doesn't work then he has no choice but to fire the coach.

First RDS employee suggesting MT may get fired.

You do know that Normand Flynn is a idiot? On par with Gaston Therrien?

Maliki2

Mar 31, 2005
Saint Albans, VT
I have zero problem with trading Markov. Just surprised that it's on the table.

As for dealing Eller, you'd have to be a ****ing idiot to do this. Which is probably why it will happen.

Why is that? Because people keep inflating his skills to make them feel better about the Halak trade? Eller has done nothing since getting here. The guy will be a career 3rd liner no matter where he goes. Only in Montreal do we overrate people so much more that they will never be able to attain that type of skill set.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
I don't think I can watch a MT led team anymore. I know no one cares, but I think I'm reaching my limit.

Whats even funnier is what everyone was saying the DAY therrien was re-hired,

i admit i FORCED myself to like the move, but i wasnt very negative about it on HF compared to some (most..?) people,

i can only imagine how THEY feel today lol... they werent happy with him from the getgo and its been well over a year now lol...what a waste

LePoche69

Jul 15, 2004
Montreal
If I was Therrien, I would offer a complete reset to the players.

Let's start anew. Last time I checked, they were still over .500 and in a playoffs spot, so it's mission accomplish for now.

Let's forget the last month, let's forget the bad season some have, let's forget the recriminations that some have, legitimate of not.

Then I'll put together the exact lines and defensive duos that was supposed to be at the end of training camp, minus the injuries, of course. I would even put back together the MaxPac-DD-Briere line that was good in training camp, hoping to build a fire under the veteran's ass.

Then I would give a few games to see how it goes (they're losing bad right now anyway). And if it doesn't go well that time, then it really means the players are to blame, and any changes from now on would be definitive.

That's what I would do, but hey, I'm no coach and I wrote this for fun, for the sake of playing the "fan-general-manager" game, which is what all those websites are all about...

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax

I watch until Therrien makes the first stupid mistake of the game.
Meaning, I don't watch because once I see the defensive and line combos.. I know it will be a slaughter.

Habset

Feb 21, 2008
Montreal
I tend to agree that Lemaire might be able to guide this team to the playoffs. At the very least, he would be able to fix the defensive game. Still, it would be a quick first round exit against Pit or Boston.

Lemaire would be a great coach but I'm pretty sure he's not coming out of retirement. Didn't he want to coach in Montreal but we rejected him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->