TSN: Mutiny among players about Therrien -Now with a poll!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nickname Pending

Feb 6, 2008
Edmonton
The time for Therrien in Montreal is done. He doesn't have the creativity to coach a team to the top. It was seen in Pittsburgh, with them winning only scant months after he was fired. About time he is questioned in the media.

If he's fired, he probably will get a job again, probably for a rebuilding team, to build them back up to competency. For instance, the Oilers could use a coach like him. To be a hard ass, make their forwards play both ends of the ice, and create a defensive system. But for us, we have lots of players that already know that game. We have Plekanec and Eller who are both strong two-way centers. We have a few two-way D-men. But instead of allowing them to play a possession game, it's dump and chase and stifling any offensive skill and showing up with a massive drop-off in our 5 v 5 scoring.

Therrien will win a Stanley Cup as a coach. He just defaults to more grinding, and negative hockey play when things get tougher. Coaching not to lose. Never a system to win with.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
don_t_understand.jpg

Don't discount this guy...He's been coaching since he lost out to Therrien.
Could be "in the bullpen"

Marc Joseph John Crawford is a Canadian professional ice hockey head coach with the ZSC Lions of the National League A. He was previously the head coach of four other organizations and won a Stanley Cup in 1996 with the Colorado Avalanche. Wikipedia

2012-13 Zurich Swiss-A
NLA 31 WIN 16 LOSS
Marc Crawford Lost in round 2

2013-14 Zurich Swiss-A
29 games 17 WIN 6 LOSS

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Should've been this and if there's a chance to right a wrong do it MB

mullersubban.jpg

I don't want Crawford or Boucher

habsfanatics*

May 20, 2012
Should never have hired either one of these bums in the first place. I hope MT is let go, but if MB doesn't attempt to improve the roster sometime soon. I'm hoping he's on his way out not long after.

General Fanager

Feb 2, 2010
Chambly, Qc
Should never have hired either one of these bums in the first place. I hope MT is let go, but if MB doesn't attempt to improve the roster sometime soon. I'm hoping he's on his way out not long after.

I think MT will be gone but MB wont be, he will have a few years before he is in trouble....

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
I could live with Boucher. Crawford.. I do not want.

I wonder if Sean Simpson would be available? He's a really good coach.

WatchfulElm

Former "Domi a favor"
Jan 31, 2007
Rive-Sud
I love how Gagnon suddenly has credibilty just because he says something that people here wanna hear...

A win tonight against Detroit and it will all be forgotten.

Blackshad

Oct 12, 2002
Source Francois Gagnon

That guy is making up false rumor all the time. Remember the Kovalev Russian interview? That guy made that story up.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Should've been this and if there's a chance to right a wrong do it MB

mullersubban.jpg

I don't want Crawford or Boucher

like Kirk...but Canes score same as Habs avg 2.48 a game...Canes pp is 29th overall.Pass on Captian.

Habs need a guy to come in and go up tempo ,not 2 goals a game...or play trap down 3-1

V13

Fire Sell Tank
Sep 21, 2005
M1 Habsram
Therrien is in the Tortorella , Kennan etc mold. He's good as a motivator for a short time after joining a team but his antics grow old fast and players start turning on him.

So i can't say i'm really surprised by this

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
I could live with Boucher. Crawford.. I do not want.

I wonder if Sean Simpson would be available? He's a really good coach.

not a big Crawford suporter,but he did come second ...so don't think he got no chance here.

I said this years ago,but for $50,000 a year why not hire a translator and hire the best coach available?.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Therrien is in the Tortorella , Kennan etc mold. He's good as a motivator for a short time after joining a team but his antics grow old fast and players start turning on him.

Torts isn't a grat coach, but he's solid. He might get on some of his players nerves, but unlike Therrien he'll go to war for his players.

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC

Similar mold, but not on their level. He's a poor man's kennan at best.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Therrien will win a Stanley Cup as a coach. He just defaults to more grinding, and negative hockey play when things get tougher. Coaching not to lose. Never a system to win with.

He will never be a head coach in this league again.

He never would have after Pittsburgh had we not hired him.

He's done.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
I really honestly think the best option out there is Peter Laviolette. He is experienced and can turn a poor defensive team into a much better team. The make up of this team benefits him as the coach much more than any other coach available.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
me either but the options are limited....

I want Robinson!!!!!

Robinson should've and wanted to be our D coach, my guess MT would've felt insecure with someone with that track record over his shoulder and alas lobbied for JJ ******* Daigneault instead

Don't think Larry wants the pressure of being HC but yes options are limited if we can't hire the best coach available

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
What are the possible options, and how many are actually realistic?

Boucher
Robinson
Laviolette
Crawford
Andy Murray

Anyone care to add potential candidates? Even if they are a longshot

Account Terminated

Sep 12, 2009
I don't believe Gagnon. Guy belongs on TMZ, not RDS.

98 games into his coaching days and this pops up? Nah. I dislike Therrien and all but this is a farce.

Man, I want to slap the yellow off of Gagnon's teeth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->