TSN: Mutiny among players about Therrien -Now with a poll!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

coolasprICE

Mar 7, 2008
Montreal
YEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

tumblr_lz7voq9Qi01qjk64xo1_500.gif

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Let me guess, media got their ratings.

Habs fans audience down 30% in the last 8 weeks.

Time to put pressure on the GM!

I know it sounds ridiculous but money speaks and people are just not into the Habs anymore because of their boring style of hockey 4 out of 5 games.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Hopefully those players are ready to be traded for nothing. Can't see MB admitting his mistake with MT.

Talik Sanis

Feb 23, 2012
Montreal
I wonder who are the guys backing Therrien other than Bouillon & DD (if they're even backing him)

Gionta and Gorges, probably. The latter has the appearance of a coach's pet meathead and, as has been discussed elsewhere, a grinding style of game fits his skill set, such as it is. As for Desharnais, I think we can be confident that he supports Therrien, one of the few coaches who would allow him to maintain his parasitic relationship with Pacioretty for as long as he has.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
I wonder who are the guys backing Therrien other than Bouillon & DD (if they're even backing him)

For any given audience you have 25% who is against you, 25% who loves you and 50% who sways depending on how the wind is blowing.

These type of articles are kind of BS. How do you go about getting that kind of information. Did he poll everyone ? Did one player tell him 50% of the room is against Therrien ? Does that player have an agenda ? How did that player come up with that number ?

Trying to identify who's who is kind of pointless.

I do believe that quite a few players are unhappy though. One of them is Briere for sure. What a stupid acquisition by Bergevin hehe...

Jay Wolf

Jun 14, 2011
UP TEMPO ...ATTACK

LET pLayers use there skills ....stop trying to make them into some THING there NOT.

Fire Jacques Martins SYSTEM, i warned a while back the players were ready to roll over...

Don't be foolish enough to trade players away(Pacman or DD or Subban or Eller etc)....this team needs to be UNLEASHED, IT's BETTER THAN WHAT IT'S SHOWING ....THE system is smothering,the system is the problem ....as it was with Jacques Martin.

NO MORE TRAP/DUMP AND CHASE CRAP ...GET IT RIGHT!!!!

Actually, there are times to dump and chase. There are also times to play trap. Both are useful tools used by most coaches, just not from beginning to end of every game with one of the smallest teams in the league. Coaches have to be adaptable; Mike is not.

If the players are in revolt, it's because they're tired of losing for the wrong reasons. I doubt he gets fired this season... still... maybe Guy Boucher should dust off his clip board and whistle...

Habskrieg

Apr 6, 2008
Germany
Actually, there are times to dump and chase. There are also times to play trap. Both are useful tools used by most coaches, just not from beginning to end of every game with one of the smallest teams in the league. Coaches have to be adaptable; Mike is not.

If the players are in revolt, it's because they're tired of losing for the wrong reasons. I doubt he gets fired this season... still... maybe Guy Boucher should dust off his clip board and whistle...

Totally agree on this one. Been saying it for a while. The guy just doesn't adapt the team's strategy to others. And he doesn't change his behavior regarding his own players, which he biassedly set.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
what an embarrassment for bergevin
He's at fault for this sordid mess - we're a lackluster team with no direction and a tendency to extend terrible players. He should be next on the chopping block.

Gionta I think is a safe bet.
Glorious, fearless leader has lead this team to a last place finish and dickall otherwise - two first round exits, great job ya chump!

He too should be dumped out immediately.

Two, three more losses and then Boucher comes in - strategic, super-duper-micro tank anyone? :laugh:

edit: and you know what? I've been anti-Therrien from day 1 and blamed him for the 1st round loss to the Sens. I'm not saying Boucher is the messiah but I'm saying that at least with a young, NHL-experienced coach we have a CHANCE of getting some sort of respectful development and play from the team. Not this regressive crap we have on display. This was the same reason I was anti-Jacques Martin -- he instilled discipline but wouldn't adapt. Therrien brought in some offense and a more aggressive possession play but he's not adapting, he's not doing the other 50% of his job. F Therrien, F Martin, F Cunneyworth and especially F Bergevin. We have the best fans and the best organization in the league, we should be leading in innovation and aggressive just-win attitudes - all these 5-year plans and these temporary coaches with no future are just years wasted. At least Boucher has some pedigree and the potential of being something special, and at least Peter Laviolette has won nearly everywhere he's been.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
I'm just hoping Bergevin will soon realize he made a mistake and will have the guts to admit it.

If he doesn't he should be fired.

He's made 2 good moves. Prust and the Cole deal.

Every. Other. Single. Move. Has. Been. A. DISASTER.

edit: I knew right away this guy wasn't going to work out here from that segment on 24CH where they told Galchenyuk he was going to be making the team.

They had Bergevin sitting there trying to explain to Galchenyuk why Therrien was a good coach and would really help him, and Bergevin himself didn't even sound all that convinced.

The look on Galchenyuk's face was like... "really? This guy?"

melnyk budget*

meh, not a hab fan but live in mtl and watch enough games to comment.

what i think happens.... fire MT, hire another french coach, rinse wash repeat in 2 years.

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
I think Ralph Krueger would be a good fit in Montreal

He's pretty much the polar opposite of Therrien. He's written books on motivational speaking and well known as a positive energy guy.

A team like the Habs who will be liberated from the oppression of the Therrien regime might respond really well to a guy like Krueger.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
I think Ralph Krueger would be a good fit in Montreal

He's pretty much the polar opposite of Therrien. He's written books on motivational speaking and well known as a positive energy guy.

A team like the Habs who will be liberated from the oppression of the Therrien regime might respond really well to a guy like Krueger.

Those might be good hockey qualities, but unfortunately, in Montreal your candidacy is determined by a non-hockey related qualification.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad