OT: Music

Status
Not open for further replies.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land

Listening to this now. Fascinating.

That was a very interesting watch on how he came up with his unique sound at the time. Quite incredible stuff really to be able to even come up with stuff like that. That's quite the studio setup too.

I have a few Boston tunes here and was listening to a couple of the tunes in your post above before you posted them. I remember listening to them before but they weren't music I would normally listen too. Still can't beat the old classic rock though and it's pretty much the only music I can relate to compared to stuff these days. Clapton and Pink Floyd are by far my most listened to artists from the good old days of music.

Interesting story about Sib Hashian. When my time comes I'd rather go while doing something I enjoyed doing compared to some of the other options out there.

Reactions: Runner77

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
I'm just about through the Greta Van Fleet discography. Man, it borders on plagiarism. :laugh:

Pretty good overall, the singer and drummer are very Plant - Bonham, less so with the bass and guitar but some riffs are very Pagey and their acoustic stuff is very reminiscent of Zep 2 and 3.
Will listen again.

The acoustic of Zep 2 and 3 was borrowed quite a bit from Bert Jansch and Davey Graham (both RIP). The latter of course the origin of the DADGAD tuning which he in turn found in Morocco when trying to create a drone sound of an Arabian instrument on an acoustic guitar.. I use alternate tunings on my Gibson J45 Songbird while I keep my Yamaha acoustic in regular tuning or with Drop D bass.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
The acoustic of Zep 2 and 3 was borrowed quite a bit from Bert Jansch and Davey Graham (both RIP). The latter of course the origin of the DADGAD tuning which he in turn found in Morocco when trying to create a drone sound of an Arabian instrument on an acoustic guitar.. I use alternate tunings on my Gibson J45 Songbird while I keep my Yamaha acoustic in regular tuning or with Drop D bass.
I just bought myself one for X-Mas. APX600

item_XL_37615785_146449493.jpg

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
That's a beauty, mine is a cutaway as well but it is wood coloured.
I absolutely love it. Bought it on Amazon, without trying it first, never thought I would do that, but I played a Yamaha before and had faith it would be good; I was right. For the price $379 Can. it plays beautifully, and the electronics and built in tuner work on 2 AA's not 9V. like many do. It's a thinner body with I also like a lot, I own a 60's Martin D-18 but it's in need of a major neck reset and fret job, too much money to repair for now.

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
I absolutely love it. Bought it on Amazon, without trying it first, never thought I would do that, but I played a Yamaha before and had faith it would be good; I was right. For the price $379 Can. it plays beautifully, and the electronics and built in tuner work on 2 AA's not 9V. like many do. It's a thinner body with I also like a lot, I own a 60's Martin D-18 but it's in need of a major neck reset and fret job, too much money to repair for now.

I agree about Yamaha I also bought mine on Amazon after playing a couple of Yamahas at a guitar store. Nice built in tuner and pickup and very easy to play, keeps the tuning better than my Gibson.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Wish I could handpick this good. Jeez. AND SING ON TOP OF IT ? I can't even basic strum and sing :laugh:

If you didn't spend so much time here plus scouting teenaged hockey players, who knows how much better you'd be. :wg:

Last edited:

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Last edited:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Time to bring this song back as the Habs are skidding.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
This, last night on Colbert. Some old school melody writing:

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I fully expect to be disappointed. MJK doesn't seem to have his mind at all with this band anymore.

I don't think a guy with MJK's ego could stand putting out something that wouldn't require it being circle jerked over.

Tool's my favorite band but it's pretty obvious Maynard is a dick.. all his efforts to get his ego stroked about Puscifer in the early days were unbearable (and V is for Vagina was awful).. although, the last few Puscifer albums have been pretty good.. and the APC album was pretty strong considering the hiatus, new band members, etc.

I'll be fine either way because there's no way Danny Carey doesn't melt our minds on each song.

Reactions: Eagle Peninsula
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad