OT: Music Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY
Has anyone else seen any of Ken Burns' "Country Music" documentary currently on PBS? I haven't watched any of his stuff in a while (kinda all started to seem the same), but this one is really good. When I was a kid my dad was a Hank Williams Sr and Buck Owens fan and as a result of hearing that all the time I like the more traditional southern/old timey and also some western country music (in which category I include the Dead). I may stop watching after they get past Johnny Cash and into the modern era.

I haven't seen it yet as this week has been pretty damn hectic for me, but I definitely want to see this eventually. I've heard nothing but good things.

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
Has anyone else seen any of Ken Burns' "Country Music" documentary currently on PBS? I haven't watched any of his stuff in a while (kinda all started to seem the same), but this one is really good. When I was a kid my dad was a Hank Williams Sr and Buck Owens fan and as a result of hearing that all the time I like the more traditional southern/old timey and also some western country music (in which category I include the Dead). I may stop watching after they get past Johnny Cash and into the modern era.
Yeah, I've seen the first one and it's fantastic.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
I've seen the first 2 episodes so far. I was fairly ignorant of some of the history of the genre, so it's pretty cool. Like, Nashville is what it is today because it was given one of the few 50,000 watt radio licenses back in the day. I'm looking forward to the Hank Williams, Patsy Cline, Johnny Cash stuff upcoming. BTW, I don't remember if it was the first or second episode, but I never realized that the Charles Durning character in O Brother Where Are Thou was based so closely on a real guy.

PhysicalGraffiti

Bolts STM
Jul 26, 2007
NY to TB
Dad and I saw Disturbed this past weekend. Awesome show! First time seeing those guys and it was incredible.

Opening act was trash though. Some band called In This Moment. They were dreadful.

Quickdraw2828

Aug 2, 2011
Got my tool tix today. Not cheap at all. Nov 16 at the rock.

First they need to finally make a great live video. And for that video Maynard needs to come out of the shadow and sing at a normal volume. Adam Jones is an artistic genius and first rate engineer, remember the old classic videos? He could put together a great video.

This is one of the better videos on youtube. Time to stop playing the fat bald guy during Stinkfist though, it's been done for too many tours.

Reactions: SteveH124
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad