OT: Music Thread

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I'm a little confused by the one guy being called "Future," because this is no movie; that's no Mekhi Pfeifer. :huh:

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I listen to everything but electronic music, because just listening to sounds, doesn't do anything for me.

I was big into Rap & Hip-Hop when I was a younger man; peaking when it was really the industry standard (circa 2004, 2005). I was always into Rock, Hard Rock, Alt Rock, Soft Rock, Indie and Metal; since I can remember (let's say 12 years old on-wards). When I was in high school I got into jazz, soul, classical; calmer music I would say.

I just kind of listen to everything but electronic. Even country; a lot of the responses in this thread remind me of being like 14 years old, talking to a girl and being like 'OH yeah, I love everything, BUT country music' it's funny. But I mean, Willy Nelson, Johnny Cash, our boy George Canyon; and I've recently really been into the Zac Brown Band; that's a bit more big-band, rock-type music... but it's awesome; the country stuff is great too there. Clearly I don't listen to the pop-country that's very big nowadays, much like I really don't listen to a lot of top 40.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
I listen to everything but electronic music, because just listening to sounds, doesn't do anything for me.

I was big into Rap & Hip-Hop when I was a younger man; peaking when it was really the industry standard (circa 2004, 2005). I was always into Rock, Hard Rock, Alt Rock, Soft Rock, Indie and Metal; since I can remember (let's say 12 years old on-wards). When I was in high school I got into jazz, soul, classical; calmer music I would say.

I just kind of listen to everything but electronic. Even country; a lot of the responses in this thread remind me of being like 14 years old, talking to a girl and being like 'OH yeah, I love everything, BUT country music' it's funny. But I mean, Willy Nelson, Johnny Cash, our boy George Canyon; and I've recently really been into the Zac Brown Band; that's a bit more big-band, rock-type music... but it's awesome; the country stuff is great too there. Clearly I don't listen to the pop-country that's very big nowadays, much like I really don't listen to a lot of top 40.

I love Cash, but I don't usually refer to him as 'country' because what he did was just so many worlds apart from what people refer to as 'country' music now. The pop-country you're talking about seems to be what most people mean when they say 'country' music unfortunately.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Oh yeah, honey I'm good
I could have another but I prob'ly shouldn't, I
I got somebody at home
and if I do I might not leave alone

May 27, 2012
Earth
I can't feel my face when I'm with you
and I love it
and I love it

YEAH

And I know she'll be the death of me, at least we'll both be numb
And she'll always get the best of me, the worst is yet to come
But at least we'll both be beautiful and stay forever young
This I know, (yeah) this I know

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I love Cash, but I don't usually refer to him as 'country' because what he did was just so many worlds apart from what people refer to as 'country' music now. The pop-country you're talking about seems to be what most people mean when they say 'country' music unfortunately.

It's kind of like 'I like Rock music' means I'm big into Nickelback.

He's pure country; Cash, especially when you focus on the 'big' songs. He has folk and gospel too, but it seemed like every country singer did in the 60s-70s :laugh:

I think an episode of Sonic Highways (the Foo doc series) really summarized it well. You have guys like Dan Auerbach, Zac Brown and Dave Grohl all giving props to the greats, storytelling, and music playing abilities... and then being like 'welp, this is what it's like these days' (while some pop country guy gyrates on stage throwing rap signs with just a mic). My buddy, who's a big time country fan really talks a lot of trash about the pop guys; he showed me a video where they linked up 6 chart toppers over the year... and they sync up like you wouldn't believe.

I never was much of a country fan, but there are some great musicians out there still holding that line.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Game just announced his album "Documentary 2" will be a double album with 38 songs :yo:

And he released a song from it called "El Chapo", aaaaand it's fiiiiiire!! Man I'm pumped for this album!

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
Game just announced his album "Documentary 2" will be a double album with 38 songs :yo:

And he released a song from it called "El Chapo", aaaaand it's fiiiiiire!! Man I'm pumped for this album!

I'm so pumped for the album and that song is great! But the Game has wayyy too many features on this album.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad