OT: Music Thread

May 27, 2012
Earth
I couldn't fall asleep so I ended up watching top hits videos for each year of music for 2009-2014. The music was fine in the beginning. I noticed it started going downhill as I went further into the years. 2013 was where things changed imo.

2013 and onward have good songs, but not as many as before. I mean, could be nostalgia or something like that. As I watching I was like " Holy ****! That song came out 6 years ago?" Or " it's already been 3 years???"

It all started because I was like " What the hell happened to Far East Movement."

2012-2013 is where EDM blew up. I like EDM. And Imagine Dragons too. I like them a lot.

I still like a lot of the modern music still coming out .

I'll probably be saying the same stuff again in 5 years.

Last edited:

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
I was like " Holy ****! That song came out 6 years ago?" Or " it's already been 3 years???"

Same sort of thing happened to me the other day. I decided to listen to some Eminem albums on Spotify. One of the tracks on Encore he says Detox is coming out soon and I started laughing. Then I checked when Encore was released and started crying.

That was 12 years ago :cry:

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I feel old and I'm in my 20's

I recently (past 3 months) went back to my university bar with a couple friends just to take a step back in time. I was 25 at the time. I felt like a pile of bones :laugh:, on another note, when you're a bit older, you get better at talking and lose that 'shame' bug. That was like shooting fish in a barrel with the girls there.

The music they played; I think the DJ must have been the same age as me, I knew every song. It was legit a step back in time. "Oh ****, is that The Motto?! OH **** is that Swing Ya Rag?!"

StreakingRed

Jan 4, 2007
Calgary, Alberta

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Laying here listening to my Wu-Tang collection, if I wanted to listen to it all the way through it would take me 3.5 days straight :laugh:

BVicious

Jun 15, 2012
Just finished the Luke Cage season on Netflix and Meth is in the show on the second last episode. It's hilarious because they are both star struck haha. Meth and Redman both look like they like the crack rock a bit nowadays tho :(

BVicious

Jun 15, 2012
Also, forgot to mention:

Who here is a fan of KXNG Cooked (Cooked I)?

Him and Royce are easily my 2 favorite rappers right now. They just seem to be light years ahead of most if not all emcees.

herashak

Mar 24, 2013
Also, forgot to mention:

Who here is a fan of KXNG Cooked (Cooked I)?

Him and Royce are easily my 2 favorite rappers right now. They just seem to be light years ahead of most if not all emcees.

I haven't listened to a full crooked I album, or way too much of his stuff. I know as a lyricist and rapper not many people are close to him. Crooked I, Royce, Lupe, Pusha, Kendrick, Elzhi, freddie gibbs, Jay z when he tries. Just a few dudes who I got a lot of respect for as rappers.

Yung Rotini

6 Summers
May 18, 2013
Penticton, BC
Same sort of thing happened to me the other day. I decided to listen to some Eminem albums on Spotify. One of the tracks on Encore he says Detox is coming out soon and I started laughing. Then I checked when Encore was released and started crying.

That was 12 years ago :cry:
Old post but listening to Encore? My condolences.

BVicious

Jun 15, 2012
I haven't listened to a full crooked I album, or way too much of his stuff. I know as a lyricist and rapper not many people are close to him. Crooked I, Royce, Lupe, Pusha, Kendrick, Elzhi, freddie gibbs, Jay z when he tries. Just a few dudes who I got a lot of respect for as rappers.

He is just so well rounded. Each song is different and fresh and his flow is seriously out of this world.

His verse on the track Beast from the southpaw soundTrack (should be Flames goal song) is by far one of the most jaw dropping verses I've heard in almost a decade.

I would put in time looking into his music. Just my opinion

BVicious

Jun 15, 2012
I never minded Crooked I, but I have never really felt Royce at all.

Royce is overboard cocky. Plus he is almost 2 different rappers: years ago as an alcoholic vs now as sober for a few years/shady records deal.

I dunno, he's got bars for days and I seem to gravitate to his music 9/10 when I put on music.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad