OT: Music Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

AntonFromAppState

Hurricaniac
Jan 18, 2007
North Carolina
Mastodon came to Raleigh this past Sunday. I got to meet them and get some things signed and caught a stick.

pzi5ysx.jpg

wPkLvGC.jpg

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Discovered this artist last year, watching the Colbert show. I usually fast forward through his musical acts, but this song just spoke to me. Old school melody writing. And I'm not even a fan of country music. Has a dreamlike quality to it.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
And this other Canadian band from the 70s -- here's an under the radar straightaway rock song, in a style prevalent back then. Always enjoyed the way the song breaks out at 1:49. April Wine with the song, Fast Train:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Never get tired of this. It's as known a quantity as it gets. Peter Frampton's Do You Feel Like We Do.

I've seen every live video he's made, reprising this song. He never comes close to rendering it like this version.

Some notable segments for those not familiar with it: "Bob Mayo, on the keyboards. Bob Mayo!" His use of the talk box, which was a rare thing at the time. And a pure energy, uplifting rock solo to finish it up starting at 11:23.

Enjoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad