Music Thread Pt. II

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
In Korea, a girl group named Brave Girls has blown up because of a viral video and help from the Military. They were nobodies and their 4 year old song called Rollin' is now #1 on every chart (called an All Kill). They were literally about to disband and now they are the most popular group in Korea. It's an amazing story. I've always liked the song and felt bad for them that they weren't popular, that's all changed now.

The video that changed their lives...

The story of what happened...

Last edited:

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
My new favorite artist is Kenny Hoopla - I'm in my early 30's so for me he's got this throwback vibe I love and this drawl in his voice.

N then the same song slowed down by a fan makes it kinda creepy:

Reactions: Kevin27NYI

Bigteeze

Apr 10, 2021
Figured I'd ask in this thread before creating one but do any of you know what song is used at the coliseum after opponent goals? On TV it sounds sort of like an 80's synth type of song. I find it super catchy and it has been killing me trying to find it. Any help would be appreciated.

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
Always meant to get in these threads but haven’t until now. My tastes are all over the place. I’m in my 40’s and grew up in the 1980’s. This is a basic evolution of my music tastes (some overlap) but I went from:

80’s pop
80’s rock-metal
Classic Rock
New-wave/post punk
Shoegaze
Industrial
Grunge
Punk & Ska (Jamaican and first wave)

Surf/garage music original and new wave

Techno/Rave scene

Various electronic styles (drum&base, acid experimental etc)

Old school soul, R&B, Blues and Disco

Jazz, Brazilian Bossa Nova, lounge

Various Synthwave and vapowave and Lo-fi

By the time I was done with college I lost my teenage judgmental attitude toward modern music. It’s ultimately all pop music. And who am I to judge another’s musical experience. Basically I unabashedly listen to just about anything and all styles. But the only music “radio” station I listen to is WFUV.

But during the Lockdown last year I really got into Sturgill Simpson’s Sound and Fury album, it’s also been made into a Netflix animated movie.

Last edited:
Reactions: Strummergas

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
I went to the record store today:

Black Eyes - Cough
The Saints - Paralytic Tonight, Dublin Tomorrow
Antioch Arrow - Gems of Masochism
MIA - Murder in a Foreign Place
Black Sabbath - Mob Rules (reissue)
Magazine - Secondhand Daylight
Lene Lovich - Stateless (original UK press)
Big Country - The Crossing
Crusades - The Sun is Down and The Night is Riding In
Muffs - The Muffs (reissue)
Total Fury - 13 Songs

Which timeline are you from again?

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
Figured I'd ask in this thread before creating one but do any of you know what song is used at the coliseum after opponent goals? On TV it sounds sort of like an 80's synth type of song. I find it super catchy and it has been killing me trying to find it. Any help would be appreciated.

I wanted to bump this. Because I've been wondering the same thing for some time.

DerekKingSnipes

Feb 20, 2013
Long Island
Reading this thread anybody into the metal core scene? I know it’s not “real” metal to some metal head but I’m pretty pumped for the new The Devil Wears Prada album. I’ll checkout now

danteipp

Aug 3, 2005
I used to love music, especially groundbreaking new music or discovering an old song a friend suggested that I never heard before.

Now I am just happy when I stumble across a song that is halfway decent or, God forbid, someone suggests a Country song that I don't hate. Words that I never thought would come out of my mouth as I loathed Country music for most of my life.

That is how far my expectations have fallen. Usually that level of loss vs. acceptance was reserved for Meat Loaf, KISS, Foo Fighters, etc. songs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->