OT: Music Sharing Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Todd from Leduc

Connor “The Next Great One” McDavid
Nov 15, 2017
Leduc
Anyone else getting back into Cassette tapes again? I just find there is no replacement for the analog sound you get off of tapes, CD’s sound are too processed. I also like the experience of unfolding the cassette cover and reading it while listening to an album. With CDs you just skip past songs too easy and don’t get the whole feel for the whole album.

Reactions: ThreeOfAPerfectPair

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
Anyone else getting back into Cassette tapes again? I just find there is no replacement for the analog sound you get off of tapes, CD’s sound are too processed. I also like the experience of unfolding the cassette cover and reading it while listening to an album. With CDs you just skip past songs too easy and don’t get the whole feel for the whole album.
I hated tape cassettes.

Jamin

Aug 25, 2009
Nah I like the access to 1000s of songs on spotify. Any movie Ive ever watched they have the soundtrack. Any album from my past is on there and any new song I hear is on there. Nostalgia/sound quality is good but if I had to buy all these songs on tape/cd/record Id be out thousands of dollars

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
I'll go old school tonight. Tripping down memory lane. One of the best tracks ever recorded;

Brilliant !!!
now you have me on the Beatless....
watch

Reactions: Drivesaitl

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site

I've been going through my old cassettes and they do sound better than I remember. But they are still distant to a clean pressing on record or early generation CD that isn't over-compressed.

The problem with CDs nowadays is no one has a proper CD player anymore. If you track down an old 80s or early 90s built CD player that only does single or at most a 6 discs with with a decent DAC, CDs still sound pretty damn good.

Everyone just got used to playing them through their DVD players, Discmen, or gigantic 25+ CD changers with cheap DACs and plastic lenses and so we think they sound like Shit. But a large part of it is the equipment.

Apparently some of the newer CD players perform admirably as well, but can be costly.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->